Which brand produces the most accurate white balance and exposure by default?

I am both an EOS and Alpha user.

All i can say is that the 7D produces much accurate AWB than the a500 under daylight and florescent conditions. Although it is an unfair comparison as Sony currently does not have any semi-pro models.

Are you kidding me? Sony already had and currently have semi-pro models like the a700, a850 and the a900.

I've used Sony, Fuijifilm, Nikon and Canon dSLRs. so far, imo, the Sony a850/a900 and the Fuiji S5 Pro's colour reproduction and AWB accuracy under various conditions is :thumbsup:

Are you kidding me? Sony already had and currently have semi-pro models like the a700, a850 and the a900.

I've used Sony, Fuijifilm, Nikon and Canon dSLRs. so far, imo, the Sony a850/a900 and the Fuiji S5 Pro's colour reproduction and AWB accuracy under various conditions is :thumbsup:

Good to know =) But as what many have said, 'accurate' is subjective. Just like how i find my 500D exposure and white balance are off like 40% of the time, at +0 exposure level.

Do you mount a expodisc in front of your lens? or do you place it near the subject and get a reading off like a gray card?

Do you mount a expodisc in front of your lens? or do you place it near the subject and get a reading off like a gray card?

I have never used an expodisc of a gray card (even if I carry it with me just in case). So far my AWB and exposure has never needed any such aids.

Good to know =) But as what many have said, 'accurate' is subjective. Just like how i find my 500D exposure and white balance are off like 40% of the time, at +0 exposure level.

Nope i don't have a need for gizmos like these though.. most of the times i'll read the histogram off my camera.