What camera bag are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
John said:
question..do you really need and use all these bags you have ..why not have one that is for all purposes.. :think:
It's kinda hard to have 1 bag for all as ur equipment growths... and what you get is very much boils down to your own style... I know my style... I dun like to detach lens most of the time from my body... else would have gone for the Tenba Briefcase or billingham instead...

RossChang said:
What sort of 'Fashion Bags' you can slot in a camera insert without looking too bulky???... very interesting...

depends what you want to carry, if its for the aw650 insert i get either a oversize adidas sports bag (the ones football players used), one of my friend uses a nike tennis bag to keep his 1DmII with is 400mm 2.8fL.

if for rangefinders or a single slr with two lenses i get my small fashion bags and buy billingham inserts or those OEM or just padding for lenses like the crumpler tub-o-larger, unfortunately in singapore EVERYONE only knows how to buy camera bags, these inserts are not popluar here.For street when i use by SLRs i use any of my medium size bags with a briefcase padding.

In fact any bags with strong materials with nice designs i can use, i used DJ bags for vinyl records, travel bags, bags found in project_hop, sports bags, fashion canvas or nylon bags. just use the inserts from the normal camera bags and place in to use.

why restrict yourself on the outlook? singaporean fashion sense is non existent here, after going to HK i felt so inspired! when i return back its is so depressing seeing everyone so unbothered by their outlook. :( and i am just talking about bags.

Belle&Sebastain said:
depends what you want to carry, if its for the aw650 insert i get either a oversize adidas sports bag (the ones football players used), one of my friend uses a nike tennis bag to keep his 1DmII with is 400mm 2.8fL.

if for rangefinders or a single slr with two lenses i get my small fashion bags and buy billingham inserts or those OEM or just padding for lenses like the crumpler tub-o-larger, unfortunately in singapore EVERYONE only knows how to buy camera bags, these inserts are not popluar here.For street when i use by SLRs i use any of my medium size bags with a briefcase padding.

In fact any bags with strong materials with nice designs i can use, i used DJ bags for vinyl records, travel bags, bags found in project_hop, sports bags, fashion canvas or nylon bags. just use the inserts from the normal camera bags and place in to use.

why restrict yourself on the outlook? singaporean fashion sense is non existent here, after going to HK i felt so inspired! when i return back its is so depressing seeing everyone so unbothered by their outlook. :( and i am just talking about bags.

Since you say that the insert is hard to find here in Singapore, care to share where can we get it? Also very interested to see the pics of your bags :sweatsm: .. Me myself also try to find camera bag that is not screaming "I have expensive camera here" :sweat:, light and have necessary padding to secure your goods.

after reading the thread since it started, i went down to the markets here in thailand near my school and looked up some bag designs. im thinking of custom-making bags if anyones interested. I'll start by making one for myself first :p will start designing soon in my free time since material is cheap here in thailand. most probably will design a shoulder bag that's trendy and fashionable, not all-weather though.. but will be able to securely hold a consumer/pro dslr with one telephoto lens, one short zoom lens, spare batteries and a misc compartment. If it works out, you guys will be seeing an "order list" soon somewhere on buy n sell :D heehee~

How abt crumpler Seedy-three with weenie's bunion insert.... still got some space left for other stuff ie. a tube-o-larger for ur big lense...

1. Lowepro Nova1 (can squeeze in one DSLR boey+one zoom lens+50mm lens+flash)
2. Lowepro Mini Trekker (for outtings)

bangkuangz said:
Since you say that the insert is hard to find here in Singapore, care to share where can we get it? Also very interested to see the pics of your bags :sweatsm: .. Me myself also try to find camera bag that is not screaming "I have expensive camera here" :sweat:, light and have necessary padding to secure your goods.

used to get it in john 3.16 now only k-13 has some left, want to see my bags? catch me in TCW on wedesday, i may bring a bag or two around 6.30pm. the only person in TCW not carrying any familar camera bag is yours truely.

Belle&Sebastain said:
used to get it in john 3.16 now only k-13 has some left, want to see my bags? catch me in TCW on wedesday, i may bring a bag or two around 6.30pm. the only person in TCW not carrying any familar camera bag is yours truely.
Aiya, post up pic of your bag ler... ;p

RossChang said:
Aiya, post up pic of your bag ler... ;p

Good idea man! :thumbsup:
Or B&S jus wanna some gals clubsnap members to meet up wif him in TCW??? :sticktong

XXX Boy said:
Good idea man! :thumbsup:
Or B&S jus wanna some gals clubsnap members to meet up wif him in TCW??? :sticktong

Hee hee, posting photos here not my cup pf tea, anyway must see and smell my bags and feel the materials then you know what i'm talking about.

porter bags, kitterick, Prada, adidas, psBb, technics. so discreet so cannot post up la.

gals also i dun like, i only go for woman! :bsmilie:

Belle&Sebastain said:
Hee hee, posting photos here not my cup pf tea, anyway must see and smell my bags and feel the materials then you know what i'm talking about.

porter bags, kitterick, Prada, adidas, psBb, technics. so discreet so cannot post up la.

Hei... dun make everyone gian leh... show pic show pic show pic show pic... :bsmilie: :sweat: :sweatsm: :lovegrin:

I think B&S have mentioned that he use the Billlingham insert for his bag. I had post a pics here : -

108441.jpg

And I would also recommend Billingham shoulder strips to anyone, its very comforable to carry around heavy equipment with this : -

108442.gif

Best of all, if got extra $$$, get this : -

108440.gif

The problem with crumpler bags are that the camera bag ranges seem so HUGE and u can put very little inside.

The Crumpler Messenger Bags quite nice, but the paddings quite minimal... :(

jsbn said:
The problem with crumpler bags are that the camera bag ranges seem so HUGE and u can put very little inside.

Hehe..there was once crumpler bag was so 'in' and I used to see many ppl carrying it..but now..haha, not many ppl carry crumpler bag anymore.
You had mentioned the problem with crumpler bag - looks big but actually can put very little inside! Another thing is that the fabric that they use is very hard and uncomfortable. I would prefer a canvas fabric anytime!

RossChang said:
*Tempted.. Sigh*...
Hei XXX Boy, u know where in SG can get those Billy Shoulder Pads you post up?... ;p

I think K13 does have some of the Billy Shoulder Pads but I heard from some CSs tat K13 always chop ppl one lo..I bought mine from K13 and they charge me 50 bucks for the leather shoulder pads, but really comfy to use!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Maybe other CSer can help .... any good place to buy Billy Shoulder Pads in Singapore?

jsbn said:

u only use the messenger bag to carry photography stuff? never use the bunion insert?

XXX Boy said:
I think B&S have mentioned that he use the Billlingham insert for his bag. I had post a pics here : -

108441.jpg

And I would also recommend Billingham shoulder strips to anyone, its very comforable to carry around heavy equipment with this : -

108442.gif

Best of all, if got extra $$$, get this : -

108440.gif

yes, something like that!

K13?... in Aldephi right?... there is another shop call X somthing with billy stuff also right?... correct me if I am wrong... ;p

50?... :confused: omg... :bigeyes: that is so expensive... but mebbe I'll pop by one day to check it out... I think i'll prefer one of these over the Domke Shoulder Pads...

Status
Not open for further replies.