What brand of tripod do you use?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manfrotto 190XPROB + 486RC2 ballhead

My first post...abt my pods :)

1. Manfrotto 190xprob + 488rc2
2. Manfrotto 679 + 234rc (to be bought)

After using 488RC2 I felt is too heavy for me...and kinda of balance due to the heavy ball head.

Now thinking of changing to a better and lighted BH...:think:

Anyone able to recomm me a good, light and soild BH...

Last edited:
Well... in my opinion, Manfrotto already make great tripods, so I have no concerns for their reliability. The criteria I had in mind when I chose the 190CXPRO3 were:

- Weight, but this is a non-issue for you
- Bearable load
- Horizontal column (do you need this?)
- Maximum height without extending the center column

So, if the tripod height works for you (I have to stoop a little for my CXPRO3 unless I extend the column) and since you don't mind the weight, go for it. :)

Hi, Wzierbovsky, juz wanna ask u..

The Nikon D300 is already pretty heavy in terms of its weight.. Adding a Zoom lens like the 18-200mm to it, will ur tripod be able to handle it? Im thinking of getting a tripod but.. still clueless as to which brand/model to get..

The 1st brand I heard is Gitzo but it costs up to $1k++

Heya; well the maximum load I ever use is around 3.9 kg, assuming D300 + SB600 + heaviest lens of 2kg + filters + ballhead totals to around 3.9 kg. That's still under the legs' rated 5kg. And the 18-200mm is much lighter than the 2 kg I've put above.

Your needs may vary though, but I think the 190CXPRO3 will suit most amateurs.

Is this combination of 190CX3 + Markins Q3 OK! Pse recommend the tripod if not suitable.

Juz gotten the Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 tripod with 486RC2 ball head from John 3:16..

$495 + $105 = $600

Sadly, no carrying bags for the tripod.. If i do want 1, i wld have the get the BAZOOKA... -.- :(

2 weeks ago, I brought a Manfrotto 190CX3 tripod with 486RC2 ball head from TK.

Just back from Harvey Norman, and what a fantastic bargain

190XPROB = $185
486RC2 = $98.50

.....now need to just go find a bag

hi,this is my new post,just bought my d70+18-135 lens. findout recently that i need a tripod(cos i only can do this hobby after work,that mean night time hehe, and get really confuse in choosing the right tripod for me.so maybe can get some advices here. i've been through the whole thread from page 1 to last page. found few tripod brand that really has good testi and may fit my budget (120-150). manfrotto (190 pro series), slik, and benro.
see few offer like brand new benro A200+b 0 head for 120,see few closed thread selling manfrotto 190pro + 482rc2 head for 150-160 2nd hand. so if you guys were me, which one will you guys choose?2nd manfrotto 190,brand new slik or benro? thanks a lot guys

hi,this is my new post,just bought my d70+18-135 lens. findout recently that i need a tripod(cos i only can do this hobby after work,that mean night time hehe, and get really confuse in choosing the right tripod for me.so maybe can get some advices here. i've been through the whole thread from page 1 to last page. found few tripod brand that really has good testi and may fit my budget (120-150). manfrotto (190 pro series), slik, and benro.
see few offer like brand new benro A200+b 0 head for 120,see few closed thread selling manfrotto 190pro + 482rc2 head for 150-160 2nd hand. so if you guys were me, which one will you guys choose?2nd manfrotto 190,brand new slik or benro? thanks a lot guys

Depends on how heavy a tripod you want to carry around and also how heavy is your longest lens.

Once you know, decide on what you need and buy.

for travelling gitzo otherwise a cheapo made in china wan is good value for money:)

Status
Not open for further replies.