Weight Loss Cafe (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benign said:
Weight increase slightly due to too much meat over the weekend :cry:

Another dull day to begin the week............:dunno:

Why dull leh? Me these days very pressure.. everywhere i go.. ppl ask me pregnant already.. ma de...

Haze said:
Why dull leh? Me these days very pressure.. everywhere i go.. ppl ask me pregnant already.. ma de...
:bsmilie: hmmmmm so you preganant liao? take a photo see see?

wiz23 said:
I had a fever due to viral infection since 7 Nov .. was hospitalised for 4 days last week for observation. Now, just recovering. But after these few weeks of sickness ... I didn't even lose a single kg :( :mad2:

;o...sorry to hear that :(
what is viral infection?

Drudkh said:
that is so selfish of you! :angry:

645kg!! 10 times of me.. u consider alien to us..

Drudkh said:
:bsmilie: hmmmmm so you preganant liao? take a photo see see?

No.... i type too fast
They ask me are you pregnant liao???????????????????????????????????????

Haze said:
;o...sorry to hear that :(
what is viral infection?
Viral infection means infection caused by a virus lah :)

In my case, the virus is CMV. Full name is very long, don't ask me what is it, haha ... Anyway, this virus is usually not very troublesome, except in rare cases like me ... suay lor ...

hey folks..any1 of you know how to make gingerbread men or not??
There is an ingredient which I cannot find - molasse (any1 where can I get it?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mo·las·ses (m-lsz)
n. pl. molasses
A thick syrup produced in refining raw sugar and ranging from light to dark brown in color.

:think: DIY ?

Benign said:
mo·las·ses (m-lsz)
n. pl. molasses
A thick syrup produced in refining raw sugar and ranging from light to dark brown in color.

:think: DIY ?
you know how to DIY??

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
last measured in sec 4, 1.72

eeeeeeeee taller then me.. i 1.69nian..
no wonder i look fatter then u

wiz23 said:
Viral infection means infection caused by a virus lah :)

In my case, the virus is CMV. Full name is very long, don't ask me what is it, haha ... Anyway, this virus is usually not very troublesome, except in rare cases like me ... suay lor ...

oh.. better take care.. how old are u ah..
;o.. seem new to me leh

alechim said:

I think i saw this at Tanglin Mall market and city hall market..
usually those i cannot find one.. i found at tanglin mall market :)

you know how to DIY??

There are three types of molasses, light, dark, and blackstrap, which are categorized depending on how they are processed. After the first boil that removes most of the white sugar the molasses may be boiled several more times to remove additional sugar. This concentrates the molasses and its nutrients, making it darker and thicker. Light molasses has only been boiled once, making it light, thin, and very sweet. Dark molasses has been boiled twice to make it darker, thicker, and less sweet. Finally, blackstrap molasses, the lowest grade, has been boiled three times or more. It is very thick and dark and has a rather bitter taste. High quality kinds of molasses, such as Barbados and New Orleans drip, are light molasses that have been boiled only once.

Molasses is either designated as "sulfured" or "unsulfured" depending on if sulfur was used during the processing of the molasses. Sulfur dioxide gas is used both as a preservative and a bleaching agent. It is thought to remove some nutrients like vitamin A and B from the molasses. The sulfur may also give the molasses an unpleasant odor and cause an allergic reaction in some people. Unsulfured molasses (which I prefer) tends to be lighter and have a cleaner sugarcane flavor than sulfured. Most brands of molasses will indicate whether they are sulfured or not.

Molasses is used in a variety of foods. Light and dark molasses can be substituted for each other in recipes, giving either a light or deep molasses flavor to the dish. Both types are used in savory dishes like BBQ sauce and Boston baked beans. They are also used in sweet dishes like gingerbread, Indian pudding, shoo-fly pie, and molasses cookies. Molasses is acidic, so it is often combined with a base like baking soda to help baked goods rise. Additionally, light molasses is often used as syrup for pancakes and waffles while dark molasses is also an ingredient in rum and some kinds of homemade beer (check out Homebrewing 204: Alternative Sugars). Blackstrap molasses is not normally eaten but instead is used in cattle feed and for making industrial alcohol. Some people think that blackstrap is healthier than the other types of molasses, but the extra nutrients it contains are negligible.

I think this one is clearer in making molasses :think:

Molasses or treacle is a thick, syrupy derivative of the juice of the sugar cane plant. The quality of molasses depends on the maturity of the sugar cane, the amount of sugar extracted, and the method of extraction. There are three major types of molasses: unsulphured, sulphured and blackstrap. There are also three major grades of molasses: first molasses, second molasses, and blackstrap molasses.

Unsulphured molasses is the finest quality. It is made from the juice of sun-ripened cane and the juice is clarified and concentrated. Sulphured molasses is made from green (unripe) sugar cane and is treated with sulphur fumes during the sugar extraction process.

Each season, the sugar cane plant is harvested, and stripped of its leaves. Its juice is then extracted from the canes (usually by crushing or mashing), boiled until it has reached the appropriate consistency, and processesed to extract the sugar. The results of this first boiling and processing is first molasses, which has the highest sugar content because comparatively little sugar has been extracted from the juice. Second molasses is created from a second boiling and sugar extraction, and has a slight bitter tinge to its taste. Further rounds of processing and boiling yield blackstrap molasses, used in the manufacture of cattle feed, as well as having other industrial uses.

Interestingly, molasses is also an excellent chelating agent. An object coated with iron rust placed for two weeks in a mixture of one part molasses to nine parts water will lose its rust due to the chelating action of the molasses.

Haze said:
eeeeeeeee taller then me.. i 1.69nian..
no wonder i look fatter then u
wah you so tall! i only 1.55m. :cry:

Drudkh said:
wah you so tall! i only 1.55m. :cry:

:what: si boh.. so short meh?

Haze said:
:what: si boh.. so short meh?
yah its like stock market one. today i'll be 1.55m tomorrow 1.61, maybe on saturday i'll be 1.80m :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.