We love our manual focus Nikkor lenses! Part 2

Still haven't gotten the hang of using AiS 50mm f/1.2, sigh.

Sharing one photo taken with Nikkor-P Auto 10.5cm f/2.5, taken with Nikon Df, Aperture Priority, f/5.6 1/125, Auto ISO (ISO 280), LR post-processed sharpening and vignette added. This is a non-Ai lens from ~1963, and mating it with Dec 2013 camera put the lens and camera 50 years apart! Amazing that it even works! Focus was slightly out, more on the lady to the right, but was a grab shot.

140112_Df_58LRs.jpg

Have never used this FL nor lens before this trip; I thought the 135 2.8 AIS acquits itself really well... though now I wonder how its faster siblings compare.
At least the copy I had was really smooth to focus though the throw a lil' longer than what I would have liked (brain and fingers disconnect - turn faster vs leisurely). I must admit I'm certainly not a fan of lengthy min focusing distances

backpedal by Zichar, on Flickr

Have never used this FL nor lens before this trip; I thought the 135 2.8 AIS acquits itself really well... though now I wonder how its faster siblings compare.
At least the copy I had was really smooth to focus though the throw a lil' longer than what I would have liked (brain and fingers disconnect - turn faster vs leisurely). I must admit I'm certainly not a fan of lengthy min focusing distances

backpedal by Zichar, on Flickr

Tenjin undergroud?

Yup Tenjin underground. How can you tell?
Didn't really know until a few days ago when I was trying to identify where I was to tag the photos :embrass: Retraced steps using gmaps street view

Yup Tenjin underground. How can you tell?
Didn't really know until a few days ago when I was trying to identify where I was to tag the photos :embrass: Retraced steps using gmaps street view

Thought it's Tenjin too. Quite easy to Id once you've been there. Nice.

Wow you guys are veterans?
We were out searching for a Hakata doll shop, pressie for sis-in-law getting married. That was a bust so we just decided to walk back to the JR station instead of taking the bus and were given directions by the convenience store. Walked the maze, shops seemed to go on and on and on and on and on...!

>>

Here's another with the 135 2.8, hunting at the traffic lights. Pretty much obliterated the bg

Was there in November and enjoyed walking the underground shopping mall. Nice place. Took some shots but none on MF lens while underground.

As was I
Haha exif says 25 November

Kakaka Canal city lo :p
I was there for a week and a week before you :)

*sorry if I OT too much.
Japan is just too interesting for me.

Last edited:
Taken with the 50mm f/1.4 AIS lens.

12149834305_8c58d47f65_b.jpg

1/3200, f/2, ISO400

nikkor 105 f2.5 AIS

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]