We love our manual focus Nikkor lenses! Part 2

Woo hoo nice pic bro. I myself am loving this lens that I picked up last month more and more. I think the images are sharper and contrasty - more than my 50mm f1.2. Good to know you've got one too.

Keeping it going with the 135mm f/2.8 AIS

oblivious-at-cars by Zichar, on Flickr

Last edited:
Kinda tough to compare the two methinks what with the different FL and max aperture sizes
The 50 1.2 is naturally prone to veiling flare when used wide open; for that characteristic some may call it dreamy or at times blur or not sharp :D
I like to maintain that it's simply different and not for every scene
But when it's right it sings

deastrigentization by Zichar, on Flickr

Anybody shoot with the 85mm f1.4 ais and have photos to share?

Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 ais on D90. Creamy machine.Once own.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I posted a few sample shots with the 85mm f/1.4 AIS on page 15. The way it turns backgrounds into cream is simply amazing.

Picked up a 35mm f/2 AIS and 105mm f/1.8 AIS, gonna start shooting soon :D

Picked up a 35mm f/2 AIS and 105mm f/1.8 AIS, gonna start shooting soon :D

105/1.8 is a good lens... CA a tad heavy though... smooth bokeh

105/1.8 is a good lens... CA a tad heavy though... smooth bokeh

Yup, played around with it last night (but deleted the files) and noted that CA wasn't too easy to correct in LR either :bsmilie:

Other than that it's really good stuff!

Yup, played around with it last night (but deleted the files) and noted that CA wasn't too easy to correct in LR either :bsmilie: Other than that it's really good stuff!

Yes. It is. 105mm is a weird focal length though. Takes abit of getting used to from 90 & 135. Haha.

Hi Guys, I'm heading to Hong Kong in March and am hoping to pick up a 50mm F1.2 A-is (New), any recommended places to go to besides Tin Cheung and WingShing? And rough estimate of price?

Cheers,
Nic

Ah and since we're on the 50 1.2...
Fuyu drying on a bamboo pole, done the old way

deastrigentization by Zichar, on Flickr

Hi, I have a 105mm f2.8 AIS. Love it for its sharpness. Comtemplating to get a PN-11 extension tube to get 1:1 macro. Anyone using such a setup?

Hi guys, I got a new D3300. I wonder if there is an adaptor to fit AIS lens to the camera which enables meter reading etc?

Thanks

Thanks zi char!

Wow! Nice especially knowing it's from Tagotech! But hor it seems to be a permanent feature. Can try it only w inexpensive lenses. I was thinking of my 50 1.2 haha

No worries, I’m glad to help :)
Yup I briefly considered doing this as it’s a pet peeve that I always forget to update the non-CPU lens in my D700 when I switch lenses
The EXIF gets messed up, bleah

I personally opine it’s okay if it’s permanent, should add to the resell value or peace of mind that the chip doesn’t fall off anywhere, even into the mirror box (if those are your concerns)
Anyway as part of my consideration, iirc, the 50 1.2 is one of the tougher ones to modify, requiring machining very close to the rear element to remove extra material, and also off the chip itself
There’s so little room or clearance to add the chip on
I backed out… wouldn’t want to perform a hack job