To upgrade lens or body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ykgen

Sep 9, 2004
KL, Penang
I owned a d70.. actually planned to upgrade to d80/d200... but after rounds of discussion with some enthusiasts.. some said it is better to upgrade lens like 70-200mm than body..... (my budget can only allow an upgrade.. its either a lens or body, once upgraded have to makan roti for years) :sweatsm:

would like to hear your opinions... thanks..

does the D70 serve u well? is there really a necessity to upgrade? do u really need the high megapixel count(u print frequently at A3)? do u really need 5fps? Is buying D200/D80 just simply a desire to boost ur ego? Is it producing pics just like it should be?

think about this and i believe u will know whether to get lens or body.
anyway for me, i will grab the lenses i want so that i can shoot the things i want..i will upgrade body *only if* my D70s no only function or i outgrow it.

another thing: even if u changed the camera body to D200/D80 for example & currently if u only got a 18-70mm lens, u still wont be able to shoot far objects. or for example, the lens is still the one limiting u i.e. not fast enough in low light condition etc..

lens:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the voice is echoing.. :sweat:

ykgen said:
I owned a d70.. actually planned to upgrade to d80/d200... but after rounds of discussion with some enthusiasts.. some said it is better to upgrade lens like 70-200mm than body..... (my budget can only allow an upgrade.. its either a lens or body, once upgraded have to makan roti for years) :sweatsm:

It really depends on what you need.
If you find that the current camera body is not giving you what you want (in terms if MegaPixel etc.), then get a body. If you are not getting the range that you want, then get a better lens. But for me, I will advice you to get the lens first. Just my POV. I will say, just follow your heart. Do what you want/can do, don't do what others do.

i will go for lens unless i need a backup body

105VR :heart:

ykgen said:

It really depends on what lenses you already have and whether you need 10mp.

Go for the lens...

you won't regret it. The D70 is still a great camera to work with. And really unless you have some dissatisfaction with your current cam bodies functions, you may not really use the next better cam's function fully.

the price of nikkor 70-200mm vr = d200..

difficult decision... the best is to have both.. :bsmilie:

I would choose lens......more lasting.....:)

ykgen said:

whats the point of having a good body or even the best body, when you doesn't have good lens to couple with it? :dunno:

ykgen said:

D200 have some neat features not found in D70. One I like very much is that you can zoom into the image to see details and sharpness.

../azul123

ykgen said:

get the Nikkor 70-200....very swee lens..:thumbsup:

my advice is to invest on lens. get all the ranges that you need first before upgrading the body.

D70 is decent enough!

check your current configuration .. what is needed most .. be it lens or body .. :D

photography is a long term investment .. start it right will save you hinden cost later ..

For me ...been upgrading lens since buying my D50 haha
Go lens get my :thumbsup:

well, i guess the voice is clearer now.. but i think may get AF 80-200mm f2.8D is enough.. cheaper can spare money to also get a sb800.. :dunno:

ykgen said:
well, i guess the voice is clearer now.. but i think may get AF 80-200mm f2.8D is enough.. cheaper can spare money to also get a sb800.. :dunno:
80-200 is good with you don demand VR and super fast focusing :thumbsup:

i would go for lens.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.