Thoughts on LEICA M ?

Received mine yesterday.
20130330_223547.jpg

Some test shots with the Summilux 50mm Ti.

L1004326.JPG

L1004325.JPG

Leika said:
Received mine yesterday.

Some test shots with the Summilux 50mm Ti.

Please share more sample pics.. :)

Wanted to share the result of my 30yrs old floating element Carl Zeiss T* distagon 18mm F4 purchased during my Contax RTSII film days lens mounted on my M240 now that the Novoflex adapter has just arrived.

L1006312-1-2 by sillbeers15, on Flickr

@ f5.6, 1/12, flash filled in ISO200

50 Lux
8609515227_8fe893b332_c.jpg

50 Noc
8610623508_c090ed04bd_c.jpg

Just got the camera 2 days ago...

Below is a shot by my Leica R Vario-Elmar 80-200mm on my M240.........

Hi sillbeers15, do you use the original adapter or 3rd party's adapter for your R ? If it is 3rd party adapter , does the M240 auto zoom in when you turn the focusing ring?

Tks.

kayaro888,
The leica adapter (new design, not 2888) will not be available till June'13 according to Leica Store SG.
I'm now using Novoflex adapter. Only M lens will auto activate the magnification/focus peaking mechanism. I understand even the Leica R to M adapter will not do so. My thoughts are that the m lens focus tap movement trigering RF is used to activate the magnification/focus peaking mechanism. But I did encounter several self activation of the magnification/focus peaking mechanism when I am using non M lens on M240, strangely I do not understand why?

The M9/Standard soft shutter does not work on the new M anymore.. Thread is shallower... FYI

L1004455.JPG

L1004447.JPG

0630 am early morning shot taken from a distance and cropped. F2, 1/24, ISO 1250. Quite good details.

Luigi's M case is out for order, anyone planning on getting them? Mass order?

Anyone try using with thumbs up? Which model fits best?

just got mine yesterday from a local store... can't wait to use it this weekend...! :cool:

argh...................

This thread............. Reminds me of the days when the M8 & M9 came out!
Afraid I still cant justify putting down money onto this new M! Haiz...........

Been shooting on my film M for the pass few donkey years, kind of getting tired of scanning films but digital Ms are just out of my reach Still a towkay toy to me haha

Royale With Cheese said:
argh...................

This thread............. Reminds me of the days when the M8 & M9 came out!
Afraid I still cant justify putting down money onto this new M! Haiz...........

Been shooting on my film M for the pass few donkey years, kind of getting tired of scanning films but digital Ms are just out of my reach Still a towkay toy to me haha

Indeed scanning film could be a real chore... I wish I have the money to throw on a digital M like most towkays over here...