The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
aiyo guys relax la

i been to most of the motor shows from 2002-2008, formula drift, SIN and carriesta

carriesta does not live up to the hype and it's not worth $20.. it might be better priced if it's $10

parking is $5 and there's lots of parking.. they use the same parking space as FD

if u asked me to compare btw FD, SIN and CJ.. it's tough becoz FD is for the sport itself, SIN is for the cars and CJ tried to combine both.. FD and SIN are great events

CJ has quite a good drift performance, but the cars on show is just too repetitive for my liking and there's lots of PIs selling cars there
CJ's organising committee has lots to think about because during the drag race, we were made to wait almost 40 minutes before the first race began.. even then there was another 10-15 mins break before the second race there's also way too much empty space.. i would say poor use of space as it makes the place looks very empty and 'unhappening'.. pple see already also will sian 1/2

Last edited:
Well said... If it is a good event , it is an good event.. don't mislead us and let the forum members for into a trap and loose money.. in this case it is not nice finathiq.. check out his previous posts fellow members..

Hi, nope, I'm not from the organiers. I have nothing against any events or whatsoever. I'm just stating my opinion. (Just like you guys).

Afterall, does it really matter if I'm the organiser or not?

It does... Cos we all know you are from all your previous posts. Why cant you proudly announce that you are one of the organisers. Read some postings of you trying to put SIN down. Are you teh owner of MPT?

went ytd.. e static was kinda disappointing..too many r35s..altho there were alot of cars tt r new(there was a hummer H3!!):D..i didnt xactly see many repeated cars frm previous shows.. &some r repeated altho they've either changed e bodykit,paintwork or etc etc(too obvious).. but e live action like e drag&drift was pretty gd.. altho e $20 bucks was kinda not worth it..but i dont really regret heading dwn to CJ..might even go dwn again on 31st!!:bsmilie:

It does... Cos we all know you are from all your previous posts. Why cant you proudly announce that you are one of the organisers. Read some postings of you trying to put SIN down. Are you teh owner of MPT?

Sorry guys. I am NOT from MPT.

Thanks to all for the clarifications and good work to those who shared their photos and experiences there. Guess it's down to each individual preferences and how they want to spend their money.

CJ2008 $25 (plus parking)
Great informative forum like this $Priceless

Hey guys,

I heard the organisers said tickets for tomorrow is 1 for 1.

There's a motorsport countdown party which in Singapore is the first of it's kind.

Lots of cars, racequeens and drifting demo by Japanese pro, Nobuteru Tanaguchi!!!

After 7pm, carpark is free!!

Let's go down have some fun and welcome 2009.

I'd rather go to Carrerista Jamboree than squeeze to death with the crowd in town.

Best Regards,
BENNY !

Well i will say different ppl got different expectations about what they want to see and shoot. I guess not much CSer will spend the $20 bucks to see a more empty space than cars displayed indoor etc.

Some CSer posted to share their pics to which some of the pic's background seems to be quite empty and not much ppl inside.

aiyo guys relax la

i been to most of the motor shows from 2002-2008, formula drift, SIN and carriesta

carriesta does not live up to the hype and it's not worth $20.. it might be better priced if it's $10

parking is $5 and there's lots of parking.. they use the same parking space as FD

if u asked me to compare btw FD, SIN and CJ.. it's tough becoz FD is for the sport itself, SIN is for the cars and CJ tried to combine both.. FD and SIN are great events

CJ has quite a good drift performance, but the cars on show is just too repetitive for my liking and there's lots of PIs selling cars there
CJ's organising committee has lots to think about because during the drag race, we were made to wait almost 40 minutes before the first race began.. even then there was another 10-15 mins break before the second race there's also way too much empty space.. i would say poor use of space as it makes the place looks very empty and 'unhappening'.. pple see already also will sian 1/2

From what I've seen from the pix, which is not much to see anyway; I'll pay about $3 to see some drag / drift action and lotsa PIs sell cars :bsmilie::bsmilie:

SIN & Full Throttle drift is free.

Well i will say different ppl got different expectations about what they want to see and shoot. I guess not much CSer will spend the $20 bucks to see a more empty space than cars displayed indoor etc.

Some CSer posted to share their pics to which some of the pic's background seems to be quite empty and not much ppl inside.

Even on Trade / Press day I get a bunch ppl in my picture in any show. Not bad, pay $20 no need to jostle and get exclusive private motorshow. Pretty kewl ;)

From what I saw, the entire setting (Venue Wise) was good for a huge motorsport event. However, the organisation was bad and the static display was a total disappointment. Did any of you see the cluster of toyota altis and vios on display? Even exhibitors have given up on positioning staff to mend their booths. Does anyone really think that 40,000sqm was used for the exhibition? :thumbsd:

From what I've seen from the pix, which is not much to see anyway; I'll pay about $3 to see some drag / drift action and lotsa PIs sell cars :bsmilie::bsmilie:

SIN & Full Throttle drift is free.

LOL forget about the drag. it's too poorly organised haha

i should have donated my $20 to charity

From what I saw, the entire setting (Venue Wise) was good for a huge motorsport event. However, the organisation was bad and the static display was a total disappointment. Did any of you see the cluster of toyota altis and vios on display? Even exhibitors have given up on positioning staff to mend their booths. Does anyone really think that 40,000sqm was used for the exhibition? :thumbsd:

Altis & Vios, it's almost 1 in every 10 cars on the street. Pay $20 to view in an exhibition :confused: why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.