The Singapore Carreista Jamboree 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
wtf... 5 bucks plus 20 for entry ... super chop carrot man...

5bucks parking in changi! its more ex than city -.-

My friend just called me and told me he wasted $45; $20/pax (2 pax) + $5 car park. Not much to see, 15min done liao. Rip off

Worth it or not, I think that's subjective...

From the pictures, it does seem that the cars for the displays are being re-used over and over again for X number of times... which I believed many others already have X number of pictures of those cars... No new cars? Paying a higher price to shoot old cars? Quite hard...

Sorry but Youhong, may i ask how well verse are you with cars? No new cars??? You got to be kidding dude! From the pics I saw a RS-R RX8! That is a supercar man!!!

Last edited:
Sorry but Youhong, may i ask how well verse are you with cars? No new cars??? You got to be kidding dude! From the pics I saw a RS-R RX8! That is a supercar man!!!
Oh.... Really? I've got no knowledge on cars... <-- That, I admit...

Anyway, you sure you're not related to the organisers??? (which I believe is MPT?)
I've just done a search on your postings...

My friend just called me and told me he wasted $45; $20/pax (2 pax) + $5 car park. Not much to see, 15min done liao. Rip off
Any pic to show? Very curious... :think: :bsmilie:

Oh.... Really? I've got no knowledge on cars... <-- That, I admit...

Anyway, you sure you're not related to the organisers??? (which I believe is MPT?)
I've just done a search on your postings...

Yep. 100% sure I'm not working for the organisers. :)

I also din not go to the event even though i posted up this thread.kekekee...i spent my $$ on other photoshot events.

I'm sorry to hear it was a disappointment.I'm a motor sports fan but seems like the organizer didn't make things happen.:(

There are many photo opportunity there, much more than F1 when u got stuck at only one location and the only thing u can see is the car zoom pass for 63 times.

I will be there for all 5 days, and catch the fireworks on the last day too. The drag race and drifting is very different from what I usually shoot, also got static display and race queen.

If you can get good photo out of this, the $20 is definitely worth it. If not, use the opportunity to brush up your panning skill lor.

My F1 Pit grand stand ticket cost much much more than $20...but I will say it still worth it cos I got many good pic :)

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420013

Last edited:
Oh i went yesterday. the exhibition hall is huge, but, too many empty space.. u know wat i mean. Thr's too many GTR35.too little variety of car actly. but difting show was interesting :D, that's my 1st time watching drifting! Ya, SGD20 is a bit expensive. But race queens are pretty!

There are many photo opportunity there, much more than F1 when u got stuck at only one location and the only thing u can see is the car zoom pass for 63 times.

I will be there for all 5 days, and catch the fireworks on the last day too. The drag race and drifting is very different from what I usually shoot, also got static display and race queen.

If you can get good photo out of this, the $20 is definitely worth it. If not, use the opportunity to brush up your panning skill lor

Is there any 5 days pass? too bad only bought 1 for yesterday! if i got no plan on new year eve, i'll definitely go!

Is there really a RS-R RX8 there? I thought they brought in a Toyota Supra RS-R. RX-8 should be a Mazda rotary engined car and about a decade old, right?

The area m2 is so big,if the organsiers don't make use fully of the huge space of cos the events look kinda empty...:DThere's "LIMITED " parking lots for the public too...:bheart:

Is there really a RS-R RX8 there? I thought they brought in a Toyota Supra RS-R. RX-8 should be a Mazda rotary engined car and about a decade old, right?

Opps. On closer look, ya, its a supra. lol... my bad,.

Finathiq must be from the organisers.. my friend went to the show and were jumping like monkeys.
He used to complain abt Super import nights and why so much to praise for this one.
Strange!!

Saw some of his previous posts... He must be related to the organisers. Anyway I went there on Sat and was really shocked. This reminded me of another event quite some time ago called car lovers or something like that.

Hey guys, I think it's pretty worth it for 20 bucks!

Formula Drift = $10
SIN = $10
other motorshow = $10

But this event is huge man... drift, drag, kart, race queens, exhibition, fireworks, etc.

Even in the news it says it cost the organisers $3m. No one event is comparable to this man.... I'm going!

From what I know.... The authorities will not approve of fireworks display in such an area so nearby the airport. Go all you want... You have to anyway, cos you are related to the organisers.

n706615727_1677672_7058.jpg

n706615727_1677661_4804.jpg

n706615727_1677659_767.jpg

n706615727_1677698_3539.jpg

n706615727_1677675_5981.jpg

Finathiq must be from the organisers.. my friend went to the show and were jumping like monkeys.
He used to complain abt Super import nights and why so much to praise for this one.
Strange!!

Hi, nope, I'm not from the organiers. I have nothing against any events or whatsoever. I'm just stating my opinion. (Just like you guys).

Afterall, does it really matter if I'm the organiser or not?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.