The bigshot

Equipment used is determined by spending power, not level of competency or whether he fills in the word "Photographer" when filling in the field of occupation on forms. Even pros have different spending ability and priorities.

our good friend, Caleb has survived the 2nd round.
He must hv met some very good master in the mountain, according to some. LOL

I must say his choice of the subject is more relevant to the theme " I AM UNSEEN" as compared to the top 2.

Wonder if the assessment by the judges is a bit biased/influenced by "some past events".

very inconsistent judging.....it is ok to set up portrait of kids....but it is not ethical to setup adult shoplifting....:eek:

On crossing genres...

A photographer may be godlike in one genre but ordinary in another.

Remember recently the US Olympian photos incident?

Also, recently Joe McNally shot his friend's wedding: A New York Wedding! « Joe McNally’s Blog

The photos are good, journalistic and editorial like for a magazine story, but when you compare them side by side with a specialized wedding photographer, Cliff Mautner for example, since they are both Nikon ambassadors, Joe's photos suddenly becomes very ordinary.

Show them to a bride who has no idea who is Joe McNally nor who is Cliff Mautner, we can easily predict who she will choose.

Not impressed by any of the shots in the second round either. I thought the season where Liew Tong Leng came up tops was definitely more competitive.

Btw, not sure if anyone noticed a certain Diane Lundgren commenting non-stop on how much she loves Caleb's shots.

If you click on her profile, it says "Studied Portraiture at Brooks Institute" (Caleb has mentioned on many occasions that he studied there) and her friends list includes Caleb.

Just pointing out something I just noticed. :)

Last edited:
Btw, not sure if anyone noticed a certain Diane Lundgren commenting non-stop on how much she loves Caleb's shots.

If you click on her profile, it says "Studied Portraiture at Brooks Institute" (Caleb has mentioned on many occasions that he studies there) and her friends list includes Caleb.

fervent supporter la.

edutilos- said:

If you click on her profile, it says "Studied Portraiture at Brooks Institute" (Caleb has mentioned on many occasions that he studies there) and her friends list includes Caleb.

Haha if you look closer Caleb is in her friend list.

very inconsistent judging.....it is ok to set up portrait of kids....but it is not ethical to setup adult shoplifting....:eek:

ya lor.
Remember one of the judge was saying that street photography should be capturing what is uncovering naturally and not to set things up.
Inconsistent indeed!!!

All you critics and keyboard warriors. Don't criticize the photographers.

Learn to appreciate their pictures.

If u think u r better, join the next Bigshot and show what u got.

funny.

you're one of the biggest critics here. always flaming someone.

go do some self-reflection.

:bsmilie:

Since far far and long long time ago, a picture can always says a thousand words, BUT here they have to speak a thousand words in order for people to understand their image.:eek:

The only thing I learn in apreciating mediocrity is that if you take an OOF shot, convert it into B&W and call it art. Not many people understand art anyway.

Since far far and long long time ago, a picture can always says a thousand words, BUT here they have to speak a thousand words in order for people to understand their image.:eek:

It's called Evolution.... C Darwin will roll in his grave.:bsmilie:

Perhaps in criticizing the critics, you should learn to appreciate their critique, and if you think you are better because you can appreciate the Big Shot pictures, please join in and show what you have got. :bsmilie: