Thaipusam 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
hm.. i'm thinking to shoot this event too.. what happens in the morning/evening? i have class tt day so only can shoot from morning till 0930 or after 1830. would i have missed the event?

best to go early in the morning

u wanna be joker si bo? highlights is about 5-7am like tat

they say start from 0000-2359, then say go early in the morning...
so 6 am they start putting on the kavadis?

It starts midnite 1st February and ends abt 8pm+....it starts with those without cavadis...devotees carrying the cavadis will leave the temple abt 4am...thats what i was informed by my friend who'll be carrying the cavadi....those driving i suggest park at basement of mustafa ctr(free parking) i'll be there at abt 4am. Was there last yr...;)

just checked the link.

so the spike kavadi carriers will be leaving Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple from 2am to 2pm. correct? its oppostite mustafa there, near farrer park?

erm.. got any dressing regulations/rules we must follow? i read must cover shoulders and knees.

Last year I was ay the Task road temple like 10pm. If you do not mind the sweat and smell. try to go inside the Task temple. Is a world of different..

Last year I was ay the Task road temple like 10pm. If you do not mind the sweat and smell. try to go inside the Task temple. Is a world of different..

Can enter the temple proper but no footwear...plastic bags provided outside the temple to keep your footwear so can tie it on your bag/belt...can get real close to the devotees BUT pls do not obstruct any activities...this will be my 2nd time there...maybe next year can go to Batu Caves....;) hope to see some of you there...

so actually which temple we should go? my friend told me to get down in Little India MRT..

so actually which temple we should go? my friend told me to get down in Little India MRT..

Geez...i dont know the temple name...but i know it starts from the temple near mustafa ctr coz i went there last year...so i guess your friend is right that u alight at Little India MRT...? Anyway,i'll park at basement of mustafa ctr(free parking 24hrs) ;)

just to put some tips together ...

1. for Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple (Kavadi carriers' starting point) alight at NEL Farrer Park

2. for Sri Thendayuthapani Temple (end point) alight at NEL Clarke Quay or NSL/NEL Dhoby Ghaut

3. don't over equip yourself. travel light, 2 lenses that you are most comfortable with should suffice. tripod not recommended, you might either hit someone or someone trips over it with so much people and movement all around.

4. wear sandals or any other light footwear, plastic bags are provided for you to keep your footwear when entering temple compounds but will be good to have a bag big enough to contain your footwear so that the plastic bag don't need to 'hang on' to you. if you drive and manage to get parking somewhere near, consider moving around barefooted, isn't that bad, tried before already, just be careful where you put your feet :sweat:

5. respect the religion, respect the devotees. the event is not meant for your shooting pleasure, you're just a guest.

there are other processions going on that day, alot of members posted links to the event details, do have a look, good luck! :cheers:

Geez...i dont know the temple name...but i know it starts from the temple near mustafa ctr coz i went there last year...so i guess your friend is right that u alight at Little India MRT...? Anyway,i'll park at basement of mustafa ctr(free parking 24hrs) ;)

i think farrer park mrt is closer to the temple.
i'll be there from 7 am to 9 am :)

thanks eikin!

i'll be there from early till 9 plus. don't need looooong lens i hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.