SUPPORT your camera stores... NOT the internet !

No.

The shop welcomes you if the sales staff makes a 3 second assessment of you and concludes that you are well off and a probable customer.

If you are a regular customer who have made many expensive purchases from the shop recently, then you are especially welcome.

If the shop sales staff assesses that you are a no-hoper with no buying power, they not only won't allow you to play around with new camera models or new lenses --- they won't even welcome you. They will just ignore you.

Don't blame them. It is human nature. It is a commercial enterprise.

And who is going to buy the "played" piece after that??
I personally prefer to hv a "virgin" new camera nobody has ever touched except at the production line.

This will remind buyers that buying online is never a good deal......... Best is still going down to the shops

Not true online still is far better bet than traditional retail shop. I hope those gready dealers all close down Singapore was nice place once when cameras were reasonable. I will not pay any mark up.

Anyway the guy got his money back so it did not make a difference.

No.

The shop welcomes you if the sales staff makes a 3 second assessment of you and concludes that you are well off and a probable customer.

If you are a regular customer who have made many expensive purchases from the shop recently, then you are especially welcome.

If the shop sales staff assesses that you are a no-hoper with no buying power, they not only won't allow you to play around with new camera models or new lenses --- they won't even welcome you. They will just ignore you.

Than best to avoid all those time waster shops. It doesnt mean that if the guy doesnt look rich he deserves a second grade treatment.

http://photorumors.com/2014/03/13/c...te-closing-of-all-us-stores-today/#more-55982

Another Major USA Camara Store bites the dust.... in 2-4 years you will see this occur in Singapore. ( It's been occurring in Australia for the past 5 years already, like Europe and USA. )

Support your stores or one day you won't have a store to play with new and exciting products. ;)
"... Adapt or perish, now as ever, is Nature's inexorable imperative..."
- H. G. Wells

No one owns anyone a living.

It is more like that camera phones are killing the industry.

It is more like that camera phones are killing the industry.

I think high prices are killing the industry.

I get much better treatment from shop in USA who do give sour faces, high mark up which i am not willing to pay. I bought a panasonic LX-5 from amazon 3 years for office use.I paid 40% off the local price and when i sold this i only sufferred a 50% lost.

If i bought one locally i would lose 75% no sense to support the local industry when my pocket is in pain.

I never had a problem with things i bought from net. If had a problem i email amamazon and they will send me a new one and i'll just need to return the old one.

My brands have international warranty so i am even more upset as to why i have to a pay dime more. Even if i have to pay gst it is still cheaper than pay the shops.

I think high prices are killing the industry.

I get much better treatment from shop in USA who do give sour faces, high mark up which i am not willing to pay. I bought a panasonic LX-5 from amazon 3 years for office use.I paid 40% off the local price and when i sold this i only sufferred a 50% lost.

If i bought one locally i would lose 75% no sense to support the local industry when my pocket is in pain.

I never had a problem with things i bought from net. If had a problem i email amamazon and they will send me a new one and i'll just need to return the old one.

My brands have international warranty so i am even more upset as to why i have to a pay dime more. Even if i have to pay gst it is still cheaper than pay the shops.

Wont you have to pay for shipping back to Amazon? Or do they refund you the cost of shipping back to them? This question has been on my mind for a while.

No.

u are pointing out another issue which is customer service level (lack of),
this is the very reason why some locals are prefer to buy overseas or online - better prices, better CS. Warranty coverage is subjective. If price difference is substantial, warranty may be a non issue.

Still waiting for the day we have stores that display working models for buyers to try out, like in Japan. Maybe in a million years. The dummy models in stores like courts are a joke.

That's why Japan has only Bic Camera and Yodobashi then can do it U probably need to supply 50 cameras all over Singapore as test drive units U want to pay ?

Go to the various brands' showrooms to test drive

Last edited:
That's why Japan has only Bic Camera and Yodobashi then can do it U probably need to supply 50 cameras all over Singapore as test drive units U want to pay ?

Go to the various brands' showrooms to test drive

Not just the biggies, smaller retailers like naniwa, kitamura etc also have working models on display. I guess part, if not all of the cost of the display sets, is shared with the local distributor(?)

If testing of the cameras can only be done at the showrooms then what's the value that the brick and motar shops are adding to the supply chain? Most folk who can operate a dslr can also read online reviews and do their comparisons.

Wont you have to pay for shipping back to Amazon? Or do they refund you the cost of shipping back to them? This question has been on my mind for a while.

I have friends working in states and i do have to get to states regularly, so amazon will issue a free return shipping label all i need to is scan it at the post office and it's over.

If i am not going back that i just either send it off by post office or fedex. I did order a camera which I did not like after 2.5 week i wanted to return because i did not like it, not their fault i sent back costing $30 from singapore. I doubt i will get any refund from any local shops in this case.

Not just the biggies, smaller retailers like naniwa, kitamura etc also have working models on display. I guess part, if not all of the cost of the display sets, is shared with the local distributor(?)

If testing of the cameras can only be done at the showrooms then what's the value that the brick and motar shops are adding to the supply chain? Most folk who can operate a dslr can also read online reviews and do their comparisons.

I am more comfotable with amazon's return policy as i get to test it out in my home. I dont deliberately unpack and than return but its only the case if i dont like it

By the way the lense i got from you was great.. sorry to made you wait that day i missed the correct kpe exit.

Buy from me the best. Cheap, as good as new, can inspect and can test. Dun like, dun need to buy. :bsmilie:

I have friends working in states and i do have to get to states regularly, so amazon will issue a free return shipping label all i need to is scan it at the post office and it's over.

If i am not going back that i just either send it off by post office or fedex. I did order a camera which I did not like after 2.5 week i wanted to return because i did not like it, not their fault i sent back costing $30 from singapore. I doubt i will get any refund from any local shops in this case.

Sounds good. :) thanks peter.