[SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/862381-sigg-goes-to-Crossing-Bridges-7?highlight=sigg

above link is for last year's CB7 just to give you guys an idea what happens during these trips

anyway, we were at the Nikon 1 launch today and the cameras are sweet

60fps :eek: :eek: :eek:
slow motion movie
selectable AF (between Contrast and Phase Detection ) :eek:
adaptor to allow the use of legacy Nikon lenses (i can imagine a 300mm attached to this baby at 2.7 crop)

but so strange ..... it cannot take all the wonderful legacy Nikon flash units

ok nice dropping by ...... sorry i seldom go into the TCSS threads

Those 2 cars ok for me. But my dream car is still 5 Series. The previous version. The new models look kind of lousy

Really? I rather disliked the design of the previous one... too vulgar. Maybe the current one is a bit too conservative liao... hehehe can't please everyone. But the interior is to die for... actually I think many cows died in order to cover the interior in leather. Poor things.... moo.... :cry:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/862381-sigg-goes-to-Crossing-Bridges-7?highlight=sigg

above link is for last year's CB7 just to give you guys an idea what happens during these trips

anyway, we were at the Nikon 1 launch today and the cameras are sweet

60fps :eek: :eek:
slow motion movie
selectable AF (between Contrast and Phase Detection )
adaptor to allow the use of legacy Nikon lenses (i can imagine a 300mm attached to this baby at 2.7 crop)

but so strange ..... it cannot take all the wonderful legacy Nikon flash units

ok nice dropping by ...... sorry i seldom go into the TCSS threads

thanks for dropping by! :)
Yes indeed I think Crossing Bridges 8 will be a memorable trip for all the participants :thumbsup:

I'm curious to see the phase-detect AF in action, especially with certain people going on and on (like broken recorder) about how good phase detect AF is in liveview on 'other' brands ;)

ZerocoolAstra said:
Really? I rather disliked the design of the previous one... too vulgar. Maybe the current one is a bit too conservative liao... hehehe can't please everyone. But the interior is to die for... actually I think many cows died in order to cover the interior in leather. Poor things.... moo.... :cry:

The interior is.... STEAM!! But I like the overall design of the old ones. Just the previous design. With a somewhat squarish butt and angular front. Slick...

ZerocoolAstra said:
thanks for dropping by! :)
Yes indeed I think Crossing Bridges 8 will be a memorable trip for all the participants :thumbsup:

I'm curious to see the phase-detect AF in action, especially with certain people going on and on (like broken recorder) about how good phase detect AF is in liveview on 'other' brands ;)

But the AF on the A77 is so sweet though!! Really!

[video=youtube;xLUJx-SKYo8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLUJx-SKYo8[/video]

Last edited:
I am not moved... :sticktong

there are many times, even though the light is decent but on a very "flat" day shooting a very low contrast subject.... the AF keep "running" up and down trying to lock on focus. It get worst when there is less light. There are ways to overcome it but wouldn't it be nice that it can simply focus intelligently and quickly....

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1008/10080505fujifilmpd.asp

coolthought said:
there are many times, even though the light is decent but on a very "flat" day shooting a very low contrast subject.... the AF keep "running" up and down trying to lock on focus. It get worst when there is less light. There are ways to overcome it but wouldn't it be nice that it can simply focus intelligently and quickly....

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1008/10080505fujifilmpd.asp

Maybe you need to check your cam's AF sensor, or upgrade ;p
I have no issues with AF when lighting conditions are sufficient :)

and that's why best to use a FM2 type of manual focusing screen inside the DSLR, and shooting in manual focus mode :) regardless of AFS or legacy or any 3rd partly lenses

Cannot leh bro... A number of the AF-S lenses don't have really nice focusing rings. The smoothness and the spacing also important.
Compared to those MF-only lenses of yesteryear, really no fight ;)

ZerocoolAstra said:
hahaha no mistake la.
Anyway I was keen to get some AiS lenses at one point, but now am doubting my ability to nail critical focus, especially if it is a fast lens (eg f/2 or f/2.5)

There is this 50 f1.2 you can consider

coolthought said:
There is this 50 f1.2 you can consider

Which one is that?
50/1.2 L tak boleh mount on my cam :)
50/1.2 Nikkor is an AiS lens, as far as I know.

ZerocoolAstra said:
Which one is that?
50/1.2 L tak boleh mount on my cam :)
50/1.2 Nikkor is an AiS lens, as far as I know.

The AiS one lah. Imagine this lens on a full frame body....

coolthought said:
The AiS one lah. Imagine this lens on a full frame body....

Bro I think it's time to get some reading glasses :)
How does an f/1.2 AiS help me if I have no confidence to get accurate focus when using an f/2 or f/2.5 AiS lens?

The funny thing is that I have the 50/1.2 and I almost never use it on the FX cam. My hands kept drifting to the Siggy 50...

each person will have their preference in drinking their "coffee"