[SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

anyone got check out the CX1 lenses?
Looks like the uwa lens is missing in their current lineup.

anyone got check out the CX1 lenses?
Looks like the uwa lens is missing in their current lineup.

Are those the lenses for new Nikon mirrorless cam? Didn't know what they were called.
Haven't paid attention to the news coming out :)

Are those the lenses for new Nikon mirrorless cam? Didn't know what they were called.
Haven't paid attention to the news coming out :)

they released 4 lenses. 3 zoom and 1 prime.
Hope that it won't be too expensive.

they released 4 lenses. 3 zoom and 1 prime.
Hope that it won't be too expensive.

J1 + 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 sounds interesting :)
Hope that it won't be too expensive as well :)

but methinks this pairing will surely be >$1K.
If they sell for about $800 I might bite.
But I :heart: my LX3 too much!

J1 + 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 sounds interesting :)
Hope that it won't be too expensive as well :)

but methinks this pairing will surely be >$1K.
If they sell for about $800 I might bite.
But I :heart: my LX3 too much!

if camera plus the prime lens is less than 1k.... the whole prosumer market will be theirs :)

I read somewhere, looked at the price lists actually... that most of the lenses will be priced at $100+, with one exception that costs mid 300s.

I read somewhere, looked at the price lists actually... that most of the lenses will be priced at $100+, with one exception that costs mid 300s.

this is something to really look forward to. finally get to upgrade my pns :)

I don't see panasonic cornering the prosumer market ;)
it could be partly because of marketing and the appeal doesn't seems to be strong. I maybe wrong again here. Just guessing.

coolthought said:
this is something to really look forward to. finally get to upgrade my pns :)

The 300+ one I think is a superzoom iirc. And you do get to mount your F mount lenses if you get the adapter. If your lens is afs you get AF.

Last edited:
it could be partly because of marketing and the appeal doesn't seems to be strong. I maybe wrong again here. Just guessing.

My point is that a sub-$1K product isn't such a great deal, when considering the competition :)
So I doubt Nikon will "have the market all to themselves" even at that price.

stiff competition abound indeed...

The 300+ one I think is a superzoom iirc. And you do get to mount your F mount lenses if you get the adapter. If your lens is afs you get AF.

I think realistically the best option is still to use the 1 Nikkor lenses, as the 2.7x crop factor doesn't make it feasible to use the 'usual' F-mount lenses. Imagine mounting a 35/1.8DX and getting 35mm-equiv FOV of 94mm :bigeyes:

cam + 10mm f/2.8 seems to be the way to go :thumbsup:
I am hoping that they would come up with a 6mm lens. It seems like the uwa isn't covered with the current offer.

boo...! :D

so who's getting V1 or J1? ;)

Not me! Fast, compact primes are the real reason for looking to me. And it really seems like only m43 has that right now. :(