[SunChasersSG] - sunrise outing, Lwr Seletar, 10Jul

Numnumball, nice photos! My favourite is #2 -great blending work(?) on all!

scubagolfer, like yours as well -gotta love that bluey blue of #3 :)

Like your images man, nice work. My own humble feedback would be as follows; Good colour tones and fantastic sky in both images. Compositionally the second image is much stronger due to it being more left-right balanced (The bushes on the left were a pain weren't they!). I'm wondering if there is still more balance missing due to the largely empty space on the right? Again, difficult shooting conditions given the points of interest we had to play with (especially the floating point of interest in the water i.e. the boat!) and I think you made the best of the situation by getting on that precarious jetty for the second shot. The boat is a bit of a problem point here again -because it is right in front of the new jetty lit up in the background it doesn't quite stand out clearly and gets kind of 'lost' in the jetty that is behind it in both your images. I might have shot this from a higher elevation (given time and preperation!) to get some water between the boat and the jetty for more separation between the elements. Hope this helps, nicely done buddy!

Thanks for the feedback. Yes the boat is a pain in the behind... If only someone will swim out and cut the ropes to the anchor. :bsmilie:

Hi everyone, really nice photos taken!
I think I saw you guys at the stadium carpark today morning and hope it's ok for me to post my pictures taken as well:

4779758990_027d9fc5e3_b.jpg

4779759202_5ffd6951ec_b.jpg

Hope to join you guys someday

I was there as well today :) as I could not fall asleep. Noticed a large group (probably you guys) there, but did not managed to talk to anyone from my lone position. I rushed off at about 7.15 for another photo outing. Would have been a good chance to meet some of the CS folks in person (another time perhaps) ;)

Hope its ok to post in this thread.

BTW, many nice shots posted.

Hey JK, you could have told me you were there at today, a couple of us (Pentaxian) were there at the new jetty.

Last edited:
Great outing this morning...!

I start the ball rolling.

#1]​

Wow!! look at that clouds!! good shot ZCA!! :)
maybe you could do layering/blending to bring out more details of the foreground?
That would definitely bring a notch up higher for this pic ;)

Overall great outing~! And Nice sky.. shortlived for that mere 23 mins.. After that the haze took over and the lighting becomes rather flat, and scene less constrasty.

Ok, nuff said.. here's mine.. kindly c n c so tt i can improve further yah... TIA~!

NNB - 1 : Colors of Dawn~

NNB - 2 The lone jetty

NNB - Threesome

Swee ah bro!! I like! :) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey guys! Outing today was great fun -looking forward to doing more of the same :)

Here are some of mine just processed.

#1 - Jettyview
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26645490@N07/4778612225/

Processing info is on the flickr photo page if ur interested!

Nice treatment! :) Just like DD has mentinoed..it's tad low..But from where you stand I guess it's difficult to have a higher pov to frame this..maybe if there is still some space you could move bit further to the left to get a different angle to show more length of the platform?.but this is just imo..i maybe wrong..but i really like the treatment. good job! :)

wow! it was a great outing again judging from all your beautiful pics!!..
I'm sorry I couldn't turn up :(:embrass:

Hey JK, you could have told me you were there at today, a couple of us (Pentaxian) were there at the new jetty.

It was an impromptu trip for me. Woke up for bottle duty and could not get back to sleep, so I cycled over to take a few shots :)

I did recall you posting about going down before the Pentax Outing. In fact I cycled my bike down to the floating platform area, but did not see any familiar faces, so I turned back quickly as I was already late for the other outing :)

Well shot buddy..:thumbsup:
I saw you at my behind, while takan shot at the lower rock site..:)

Thanks for the nice comments. Sorry, I was too caught up in catching the few golden minutes to say hello :embrass:

nice shots bro....

Thanks!

Here are my this morning shots..

# Image 01
4778566637_bd42374432_b.jpg

# Image 02

4779858820_b3cb0762e0_b.jpg

very very clean n very very high quality of photo...:thumbsup:
hopefully this no after photoshop editing...

I was there as well today :) as I could not fall asleep. Noticed a large group (probably you guys) there, but did not managed to talk to anyone from my lone position. I rushed off at about 7.15 for another photo outing. Would have been a good chance to meet some of the CS folks in person (another time perhaps) ;)

Hope its ok to post in this thread.

BTW, many nice shots posted.

Nice shots! I was supposed to be there also but decided to sleep in. Would have been good to catch up with you... friends from another hobby. :)

Ok, I processed a couple more, here they are:

DD#3 - Opted for a different treatment. Added a little 'coolness' into the pic. Turned out I like the color of this one the most.
4779373185_576f679c33_b.jpg

DD#4 - same view as bro ZCA. We took turns shooting this angle.
4779373557_21f01889cf_z.jpg

Nice shots! I was supposed to be there also but decided to sleep in. Would have been good to catch up with you... friends from another hobby. :)

Thanks!

Aiya! No fate :D

As you know Saturdays I'm on the other hobby so I usually have no chance to shoot Sat morning shots. Down with flu again (2nd time in a month). :( so got lots of spare time this sat. :bsmilie:
I think my Port Dickson can walk all the way already.

DD#3 - Opted for a different treatment. Added a little 'coolness' into the pic. Turned out I like the color of this one the most.

4779373557_21f01889cf_z.jpg

Wow! These 2 are real good. :thumbsup:
Nice angle and spot. Too bad that with sunrise shots, I can only be at one stop at a time.

Wow I love the colours of this shot. :thumbsup:​

nice shot master dd123, now is much better than the previous one..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Actually, this is a lesson to myself also. The location, although very nice and all, has too many elements. There are the 3 jetties close together, the boat (that drifts around), the walkway platform in the background, the trees on the left.

So in the end, IMHO, among all the pics I took, the one that worked the best is when I isolated the foreground to just one Jetty.

So, moral of the story, the less is more. Simplicity is beauty. That said, sometimes I wish we can somehow move that darn boat.

Wow..this is definitely much much better than your previous DD :thumbsup::thumbsup: