Suggest: LIST of places where film devp, scanning and printing is offered

Hi, can I ask.... Usually when the lab scan the negatives to cd, how many megapixel is ideal? Just sent in a roll, 1 photo about 1mb and very grainy when I zoom in.....

If abt 1MB I think its 4base scans. Those are about 2MP. If you go for the "higher end" scans or 16 base scans, you get about 6MP in resolution...

Hi, im new to film photography, and im keen on learning, was wondering which shop to go to to develop my films at a reasonable rate and hopefully fast as well.
What i read so far was Ruby photo, and cathay photo does film right??

appleshem said:
Hi, im new to film photography, and im keen on learning, was wondering which shop to go to to develop my films at a reasonable rate and hopefully fast as well.
What i read so far was Ruby photo, and cathay photo does film right??

Dont mean to be rude or unhelpful but read the thread before you shoot a question!

guys.. i just bought a zeiss ikon MF camera using 120mm film..

will be going down to marina area to take some photos tomorrow and hope to develop these slide films

what is the price, with or without scans?

have read thru the thread.. people mostly suggested photohub.. but the posts were almost 3-4 years ago.. any latest updates?\

update:

have called Triple D and Fotohub

Fotohub: $10.70 for development of Slide Film
Triple D: $5.00 only but they say only ?? cross processed ??

Last edited:
10.70 fotohub for developing thw slides only
Triple d doesnt do E-6, only color negatives, and black n white films.

Cross process, they use color negatives chemical to process slide films. Giving the picture the lo fi effect.

Last edited:
Hi there, does anyone know if Triple D and Fotohub etc will enlarge from negatives, or only digital files? The scanned negs always seem low res even at 16 base, so I'm keen to get an enlargement from the negative.

Hi there, does anyone know if Triple D and Fotohub etc will enlarge from negatives, or only digital files? The scanned negs always seem low res even at 16 base, so I'm keen to get an enlargement from the negative.

no they won't. If you provide negative they will scan the same 16 base file and print from it.

OK thanks. I got a print done there (scan from neg), quite large, came out pretty well. Mike did a great job.

Tripple D has increased their prices starting this January 2014.

Just called Grace Lab today. Simon said he only carries Fuji Pro 160NS at S$6.50 per roll.

120/MF films

Grace Lab

Fuji Pro 160NS - S$6.50/roll

Triple D mini lab

Fuji Pro 160NS - S$7/roll
Kodak Portra 160 - S$8.50/roll
Kodak Portra 400 - $10.50/roll
Kodak Ektar 100 - $8.80/roll
Tmax 400 - $8.50/roll

Anyone knows where to get slide film locally now?

Last edited:
Ruby Photo
#01-01 Peninsula Shopping Centre

Kodak Ektar 100 - $8.50
Fuji Pro 400H - $11
Kodak Portra 160 and 400 - $9.50
Kodak Portra 800 - $14.50

Konota
#01-26 Peninsula Plaza

Kodak Ektar 100 - $9.50
Kodak Portra 160 - $9.50
Fuji Pro 160NS - $7.50
Fuji Pro 400H - $12.50
Kodak Portra 800 - $13.90
400 TX and TMax - $9.50

Triple D Mini Lab

In addition to the above,

Expired rolls of Fuji Provia 400
Fuji Acros 100
Some other stuff I can't remember

Please people, two things:

1. Good stuff, like medium format film, are meant to be shared. If you know of any local shop selling film, share it here! We want to support local enterprises still selling film. If you keep these places to yourself, ironically, they will get less business and one day stop selling film altogether!

2. Please don't chiong down to the shops to hog all of a certain type of film! You may end up with expired film and be depriving others who need it!

Hi! if anybody interested in Provia 400x expired, do let me know:)
i have some going at $7.50

thanks
Jan

Just bought a roll of Kodak portra 400 from ruby for $12.
Price increased?

Maybe they anyhow quote the price one. That's quite a significant increase

Hi does 4 base scanning give a significantly lower quality then 16 base? Thanks

Hi, think you posted in the wrong thread but anyway, it depends on what you mean by "quality". 4-base scans have significantly fewer shades compared to 16-base scans. With more detail in the 16-base scan, you can more easily blow it up.

For me and many others, even the 16-base scans can be disappointing at times, depending on where you get it scanned. I don't find the 4-base scans useful for anything else other than small web images. YMMV. If you are shooting MF (I assume you are) then it defeats the purpose to do 4-base scans because most people are into MF because of the rich tonality and incredible amount of detail in the neg/slide.

But of course, don't just listen to us. Go do a 4-base and 16-base scan of the same frame and compare it for yourself!

Save your money, get a good second hand scanner to scan, if you don't want to scan anymore you can still re-sell the scanner.

does anybody know what scanner does Grace Digital Lab or Triple D uses?
i have a reflecta proscan 7200 film scanner at home,and was wondering if i would get better scans done by shops.

thanks!

Triple D uses an old dedicated film scanner which gives 3000x3000 photos for 6x6 film. Probably not even as good as a V700. Not sure about Grace lab