Suggest: LIST of places where film devp, scanning and printing is offered

Dream Merchant

Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
I was wondering if this would be a good idea?

To have a LIST of places where you can buy film, devp, scan film as well as get negs printed? Just like the reference lists in individual brand sections.

I've noticed a slowly but steadily growing number of threads asking 'Where can I devp 120 film etc etc etc'.

Perhaps a format would be good, say:

1) SHOP Name
- Address and contact details
- Film availability/prices
- Devp of XYZ formats/prices
- Availibility of non-standard processes like cross-processing, pulling/pushing B&W/prices
- Scanning services/what formats/level of quality offered, e.g., XX bit scanning/prices
- Printing services for film users available/prices
- General consumer feedback on the above
- Others

It would be very important to indicate what format like 135mm or 120 or larger formats, because some shops only handle 135mm, and there are people interested in getting larger format film purchased/devp/scanned/printed.

What do you guys think?

If this is going to work, we would need everyone's help to get as much details as possible to create a list that would be useful to the film using community. If we get a quality list going, perhaps we could ask a mod to sticky it. :)

CHEERS!

I'm getting my first roll developed @ Marine Hawaii tomorrow. The price is steep though. I will update tomorrow after collection.

That's great a_m_y!

Let's hope others would be interested in such a list.

Last edited:
Ugh, I say forget Marine Hawaii Photo.

They charged me $12 to develop & print 8 shots (120mm colour film), my photos were not cut (I had to cut them myself to 1:1), and almost all of them had ugly fingerprint marks on them and one was scratched right across the surface of the photo and it was a deep scratch. My mother picked them up for me, if not I would have asked them to redo it. :sticktong

I'll try Ruby Photo next time round, even though going there is out of the way for me and their prices are not cheap. :(

I looked at the other list: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323228
Will check out those places too, except those in the West (too far). :think:

I think such a list would be useful.

There was a previous thread in the Rangefinder forum listing similar information, but it hasn't been updated for nearly a year.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323228

Thanks Celebring. Yes, it seems to have died off very suddenly in 08.

This is the last of the list in that thread. Hopefully film users can update it as we gather information and experience with the various establishments, and even the RF users from that thread, if they need updated info, will find it useful :) :

Miao Laan (Bt Batok)

Process
- C41 per roll $3.00

Scan to CD
- 4 base @ $3.50/roll
- 16 base @ $8.00/roll

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if the list below is the latest status but will paste for ref:

Thanks all for your contribution ,esp Kgston, Teke, alternative , chiawk, cky1504 ,chiif and Gohaj

Here the summary :

*DEVELOPE

35mm:

Ruby:
C41 - $6.00
E-6 w/o mount - $4.70
B/W - $6.00
B/W ISO 3200 - $7.00

Rice Ball - Only do B&W i think
B/W - $5.00
B/W ISO3200 - $6.00

Fotohub
E-6 w/o mount - $6.00
E-6 w/ mount - $11.00
+1-2 stop dev. - +$1.00
C-41 - $5.00
C-41 w/ prints - $3.50
B/W - $5.00
E6 processing without mounting (member price before GST) : SG$5.40
16 Base Roll Scan for E6 Slides (member price before GST) : SG$17.91

B&W film processing (member price before GST) : SG$5.00

Grace Photolab
C41 Develop + 16 bit scan $8
C41 develop (35mm and Medium Format) $3
Scanning (16bit) $5C41 Develop + 16 bit scan $8

Jurong East mrt Kodak shop :
c41 - 4$
scan - 5$

The Colour lab ( somebody correct me the name please ) at Adelphi :
C41 + scan 4bit - 9$
C41 + scan 16bit - 18$

***FILM

- Tri-x - 4.70$ - ( Ruby)
- Ilford pan - 400 4$ (Ruby )
- Fuji Superia x-tra 400 - 5.50$ ( Konota )
- Fuji Superia x-tra 200 - 4.50$ ( Konota )
- kodak elite chrome iso100 ------- $7.35 ( Ruby)
- fuji provia 100f ----------------- $9.75 ( Ruby )
- fuji provia 100f ----------------- $ 9.50 ( Cathay )
- Fuji Velvia 100 $13.50 (fotohub)
- Fuji Provia 100 $9.90 (fotohub)
- Fuji Provia 400X $13.00 (fotohub)
- Ilford delta 400 - 6$ ( Ruby )
- Fuji superia x-tra 400 - 4$ ( Ruby )

***LAB LOCATION:

- Konota - Penisula plaza - 1st floor, near the auto door
- Ruby - Penisula hotel - 1st floor , to the left when enter entrance.
- Rice Ball - Adelphi or Funan shopping center
- Grace - Sun set road - Clementi

Amy,

That sounds bad! Thanks for taking the time and trouble to updte us.

Hope your photos can be recivered digitally. :sweat:

Ugh, I say forget Marine Hawaii Photo.

They charged me $12 to develop & print 8 shots (120mm colour film), my photos were not cut (I had to cut them myself to 1:1), and almost all of them had ugly fingerprint marks on them and one was scratched right across the surface of the photo and it was a deep scratch. My mother picked them up for me, if not I would have asked them to redo it. :sticktong

I'll try Ruby Photo next time round, even though going there is out of the way for me and their prices are not cheap. :(

I looked at the other list: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323228
Will check out those places too, except those in the West (too far). :think:

DM, need to indicate the price list here is for 35mm or 120 film

because for processing, scanning, of 120 neg or slide, or print direct from 120 negative are cost more than 35mm film. some people may not aware and get shock at the lab, come back compliant about over charging.

May I suggest you compile a list, and ask mod to make it into a sticky thread in consumer corners (only mod able to edit threads/post here) and medium format forum.

btw, most places offer process 35mm negative, usually able to process 120 negative too, but printing or scanning 120 negative, need special film carrier for each 120 format (645, 6x6, 6x7, 6x9), not all labs willing to invest on these expensive gadgets/accessories, so photographers need to find out first.

DM, need to indicate the price list here is for 35mm or 120 film

because for processing, scanning, of 120 neg or slide, or print direct from 120 negative are cost more than 35mm film. some people may not aware and get shock at the lab, come back compliant about over charging.

May I suggest you compile a list, and ask mod to make it into a sticky thread in consumer corners (only mod able to edit threads/post here) and medium format forum.

btw, most places offer process 35mm negative, usually able to process 120 negative too, but printing or scanning 120 negative, need special film carrier for each 120 format (645, 6x6, 6x7, 6x9), not all labs willing to invest on these expensive gadgets/accessories, so photographers need to find out first.

Sounds like a good idea Catchlights.

First, It would be great if members could help by feeding back some basic or as much information as they can find out when they go to the labs. That way, the scope of information would be much wider as for example, I would only go to the Peninsula/Chinatown areas, so my scope of outlets would only be limited to that area.

No feedback so far ... :sweat:

Here u go! :)

Disclaimer: I am in no way related to any of the shops.

I personally use Triple D and find the service fast and reliable.

Kim Tian Color Centre (KT)
531 Upper Cross St
#01-06 Hong Lim Complex S050531
Tel: 65381422
Email: ktcolour@pacific.net.sg
Open Mon-Sat, 8.00am - 7.30pm (Closed on Sundays and PH)

CROSS-PROCESSING
135 Xpro+Scan : $12.00 per roll
135 & 120 Xpro only : $5.00 per roll

NORMAL PROCESSING

135 D/O+Scan : $7.00 per roll
135 & 120 D/O only : $3.00 per roll

110 D/O+Scan : $13.00 per roll

---------------------------------------------------------------

Triple D Mini Lab Centre
175 Bencoolen Street
#01-07 Burlington Square
Singapore 189649
Tel 6224 4006

35mm
Normal Processing - $3
Cross Processing - $5
Scan to CD +$5
Printing 4R $0.30 each

120 Medium Format
Normal Processing - $5
Cross Processing - $5
Scan to CD +$8
---------------------------------------------------------------

Grace Optical & Contact Lens Centre
Blk 105, Clementi St 12, #01-04, S'pore 120105
Tel : 67741846, 67732857

Last edited:
Thanks for the contribution Coolsigg! Much appreciated!

Do you know if Triple D does their own processing of films inhouse, or do they send it out (especially for 120 format)? Also, under 120 services, is 'processing' for colour negs, trans or B&W? Similarly for 135mm.

Thanks once again! ;)

Thanks for the contribution Coolsigg! Much appreciated!

Do you know if Triple D does their own processing of films inhouse, or do they send it out (especially for 120 format)? Also, under 120 services, is 'processing' for colour negs, trans or B&W? Similarly for 135mm.

Thanks once again! ;)

yo DM, for triple D, i think for C-41 processing (negs & slide x-pro), its all done in house. For B&W, they probably outsource as the turnaround is 3 days. However, if your B&W film can be processed with C-41, turnaround is 1 day (done in house).

They don't do E6 slide processing.

The above is the same for 120 and 135.

yo DM, for triple D, i think for C-41 processing (negs & slide x-pro), its all done in house. For B&W, they probably outsource as the turnaround is 3 days. However, if your B&W film can be processed with C-41, turnaround is 1 day (done in house).

They don't do E6 slide processing.

The above is the same for 120 and 135.

Hmm ... so that means they only handle C-41 chemicals in-house, and anything else they send out. B&W I wonder who still does. I know Fee Fee at Chinatown most probably offers (might even be their own lab guy still) and Ruby offers. As for Ruby, I'm not sure who exactly does the work, but the price not cheap.

120 B&W processing

- Fee Fee ??? $ ?
- Ruby YES $12/roll devp fee. Scanning seperate prices.

Hmm ... so that means they only handle C-41 chemicals in-house, and anything else they send out. B&W I wonder who still does. I know Fee Fee at Chinatown most probably offers (might even be their own lab guy still) and Ruby offers. As for Ruby, I'm not sure who exactly does the work, but the price not cheap.

120 B&W processing

- Fee Fee ??? $ ?
- Ruby YES $12/roll devp fee. Scanning seperate prices.

fee fee shop so small, dont think they do in house.

120 B&W at Triple D is $13 (develop + 4 base roll scan) :thumbsup:

3 days turnover.

They still have a small 'backroom'. ;) :bsmilie:

I know in the past one guy did everything back there - devp, contact printing and enlarging. Nowadays, mabbie only devp? Anyways, I digress.

What is 4-base roll scan equivalent to in flatbed terms?

They still have a small 'backroom'. ;) :bsmilie:

I know in the past one guy did everything back there - devp, contact printing and enlarging. Nowadays, mabbie only devp? Anyways, I digress.

What is 4-base roll scan equivalent to in flatbed terms?

oic...:embrass:

4 base scan i tink is equivalent to 1200 pixel on the long side...

E6 process is only done in Fotohub! Or sent in to them.
They have the only E6 processing machine in Singapore.

Grace does it at 3$ a roll (develop only for both 135 and 120) the cheapest and nearly the best I have found so far. :thumbsup:

35mm on Bukit Timah does it for around 4$ if I'm not wrong. that price is valid if you don't print or scan. If you do either of them, they reduce the price.