Sony NEX-6 (The "mini NEX-7" about to be announced soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bubble in the rear element? Hard to believe but I wouldn't buy it no matter how small it is.

bubbles means separation and bad QC... I will not even buy this model until this is fixed sounded like same issue as 16-80 before... could be bad batch but this is not good indication of how their QC works...

Looks like dust?

photo.jpg

Do you have magnifying glass look at I may not be just dust... I remember when 16-80 was newly released Sony had some batch problem also (lens separation) it looks like fungus/speaks of dust but it was lens separation

Hi all, just wanna share my experience buying from SLR Revolution @ funan centre (SLRR)
i bought my NEX6 with dual lens kit last friday at SLRR.
it came with a sony bag, and a class 4 16GB sd card. when i asked them, they said specifically, THIS IS THE PACKAGE given to them by SONY, and they didnt take or change anything. ok, he seemed honest enough, no reason to doubt him. next few days, i keep seeing posts that the package comes with 16GB SONY Class 10 SD card, which is worth ALOT more than a class 4 from sandisk. so i called again to check if there was a mistake. they confirmed yet again, this is the standard package from SONY. i let the matter rest.

Today, i called to speak to the salesperson that sold me the package. he tell me different story from the original version at the shop. he said this is the package they offer. i asked him, how come sony give other shops sony SD card,and your shop give class 4 16gb card. he say all the while is like this, this is their package. i wanted to be more clear, so i asked him "you mean this isn't the package from sony?" yah he said NO, its packaged by the shop itself.

my problem with above is that they told me a different thing last friday, that this was the sony package. since SLRR supposedly is one of the known shops, i had no reason to doubt them, and indeed, in the forum threads, it wasnt mentioned specifically sony 16gb class 10 sd card. so i let the matter past. but the past few days, i've seen multiple instances of SONY 16GB Class 10 SD card mentioned as the standard free gift, so i smelt a rat. calling them confirmed a dead rat.

i wouldn't be so pissed if they had been upfront about it, but twist of words, and trying to hide behind words, manipulate it, really pisses me off. i see myself as an informed consumer, ready to speak up for a shop who has good reputation, and also willing to tell the truth about the situation. seeing that this is my first major purchase into the camera world, i am deeply disappointed that this had happened, from a known shop some more. SLRR, it really was quite a disappointment.

SLRR, You have just lost a major potential customer in me for the long run. I am sorry i did not confirm with MS Color earlier, and thus had no access to the reserved sets, else i would not have bought from you, SLRR. So that makes me doubly sorry.

heck, its not about the few tens of dollars you guys managed to earn off me by not giving me my entitlement of a 16GB SONY SD Card, its the fact that you guys have been around for awhile, and not being very upfront and honest about the whole thing that's upsetting. I let my enthusiasm get ahead of me and rushed like a mad man to your shop BECAUSE I WANTED TO KEEP MY WORD to you Ray of SLRR. I told you i will be there that night, and despite the freaking bad weather, the fact that i had to rush down from Bukit Timah thru the bad traffic and weather just to be there, the least you could do was not do this kinda stuff. now that you did, i want you guys to remember not to do this kinda stuff to honest folk like me.
I was even nice enough to buy 3 filters (2 x UV, 1 x CPL) , "upgrade" my pathetic class 4 card to a sandisk extreme 32GB card and you'll didnt even wanna give me a $3 screen protector stating that your margins are razor thin. looks like i'm the sucker afterall.

sorry for the long story.. just had to share my experience.. :(

Last edited:
Hi all, just wanna share my experience buying from SLR Revolution @ funan centre (SLRR)
it came with a sony bag, and a class 4 16GB sd card. when i asked them, they said specifically, THIS IS THE PACKAGE given to them by SONY, and they didnt take or change anything. ok, he seemed honest enough, no reason to doubt him. next few days, i keep seeing posts that the package comes with 16GB SONY Class 10 SD card, which is worth ALOT more than a class 4 from sandisk. so i called again to check if there was a mistake. they confirmed yet again, this is the standard package from SONY. i let the matter rest.

Today, i called to speak to the salesperson that sold me the package. he tell me different story from the original version at the shop. he said this is the package they offer. i asked him, how come sony give other shops sony SD card,and your shop give class 4 16gb card. he say all the while is like this, this is their package. i wanted to be more clear, so i asked him "you mean this isn't the package from sony?" yah he said NO, its packaged by the shop itself.

my problem with above is that they told me a different thing last friday, that this was the sony package. since SLRR supposedly is one of the known shops, i had no reason to doubt them, and indeed, in the forum threads, it wasnt mentioned specifically sony 16gb class 10 sd card. so i let the matter past. but the past few days, i've seen multiple instances of SONY 16GB Class 10 SD card mentioned as the standard free gift, so i smelt a rat. calling them confirmed a dead rat.

i wouldn't be so pissed if they had been upfront about it, but twist of words, and trying to hide behind words, manipulate it, really pisses me off. i see myself as an informed consumer, ready to speak up for a shop who has good reputation, and also willing to tell the truth about the situation. seeing that this is my first major purchase into the camera world, i am deeply disappointed that this had happened, from a known shop some more. SLRR, it really was quite a disappointment.

SLRR, You have just lost a major potential customer in me for the long run. I am sorry i did not confirm with MS Color earlier, and thus had no access to the reserved sets, else i would not have bought from you, SLRR. So that makes me doubly sorry.

heck, its not about the few tens of dollars you guys managed to earn off me by not giving me my entitlement of a 16GB SONY SD Card, its the fact that you guys have been around for awhile, and not being very upfront and honest about the whole thing that's upsetting. I let my enthusiasm get ahead of me and rushed like a mad man to your shop BECAUSE I WANTED TO KEEP MY WORD to you Ray of SLRR. I told you i will be there that night, and despite the freaking bad weather, the fact that i had to rush down from Bukit Timah thru the bad traffic and weather just to be there, the least you could do was not do this kinda stuff. now that you did, i want you guys to remember not to do this kinda stuff to honest folk like me.
I was even nice enough to buy 3 filters (2 x UV, 1 x CPL) , "upgrade" my pathetic class 4 card to a sandisk extreme 32GB card and you'll didnt even wanna give me a $3 screen protector stating that your margins are razor thin. looks like i'm the sucker afterall.

Hi bro I know how you feel as I myself was almost had the same experience as you had. Mine was with MS Color, they almost did the same thing to me luckily I am a repeat customer and asked around 1st before buying so I asked why are you giving me class 4 SD instead of usual Sony HX MSDuo card? The sale's person took out a Sony 16GB HX and replace the class 4 SD card without question. After that I make sure I do check around 1st the package and compare them with other shops even sometimes check with Sony style Shops just to be sure.

I don't really see the problem. They made you an offer and you accepted it. They can offer you whatever package they want.

I don't really see the problem. They made you an offer and you accepted it. They can offer you whatever package they want.

did u read my statement above or was it not specific enough? i thought it was quite clear n specific. or did u just choose and select what to read?

they of course can package whatever they want, but they have to be honest about it. if this was the sony package, tell me its the sony package, if this was the shop package, then tell me so. they passed off, successfully, the shop package as the sony package. it matters to me, what i'm told. based on what they told me, i made a decision. if the info is false, wouldn't u be dulan?

i took their word that this was the sony package during point of sale, but they later peng wei and tell me this is the shop package. it makes a difference. they made an offer, yes, but its not the truth. so based on a lie, i accepted the package.
i'm not after a refund, or the freaking sony SD card, but i just want people to know there are unscrupulous shops out there who twist and turn the truth and try to hide it if you're not careful, even supposedly got name shops.

did u read my statement above or was it not specific enough? i thought it was quite clear n specific. or did u just choose and select what to read?

they of course can package whatever they want, but they have to be honest about it. if this was the sony package, tell me its the sony package, if this was the shop package, then tell me so. they passed off, successfully, the shop package as the sony package. it matters to me, what i'm told. based on what they told me, i made a decision. if the info is false, wouldn't u be dulan?

i took their word that this was the sony package during point of sale, but they later peng wei and tell me this is the shop package. it makes a difference. they made an offer, yes, but its not the truth. so based on a lie, i accepted the package.
i'm not after a refund, or the freaking sony SD card, but i just want people to know there are unscrupulous shops out there who twist and turn the truth and try to hide it if you're not careful, even supposedly got name shops.

Honest? lol, that's a nice one. Seriously, those guys are salesmen. Do you believe everything they say? Good luck! It's common sense that they talking out of their #$%@.

Last edited:
Icebear, just move on and enjoy the camera....no point harping on the slight misfortune...at least it isnt a very bad experience compared to others...probably the next time, you should try the bargaining skills upfront n leave if you feel the package is not good enough....since you already bought back then...

I just tried the nex6...feels good in the hand...:)

Honest? lol, that's a nice one. Seriously, those guys are salesmen. Do you believe everything they say? Good luck! It's common sense that they talking out of their #$%@.

ok i let my guard down.. my enthusiasm got the better of me, and i thought funan was past the sim lim nonsense. wrong bet on the wrong horse!
i'm in sales too, but i dont lie to get a sale. that brings it to a whole different (low) level.

Icebear, just move on and enjoy the camera....no point harping on the slight misfortune...at least it isnt a very bad experience compared to others...probably the next time, you should try the bargaining skills upfront n leave if you feel the package is not good enough....since you already bought back then...

I just tried the nex6...feels good in the hand...:)

i have moved on bro.. its not about the $$, its about the ethics and circumstances of the sale. and i dont want others to share the same misery of getting tokked (even abit of $$ also don't feel good), and forum is a great place to share who are the black sheep out there, and who to avoid. hopefully they will change and improve their business model.

The nex6 is a great camera, no regrets, and oh so compact with the 16-50 lens. i've already ordered a bunch of acccesories online. spare batts, AC external charger, car charger, neoprene neckstrap, neoprene camera pouch for putting into messenger bag, additional lens cap, nex adaptors, lens for super long distance, 2 x teleconverter.. oops.. lol..

icebear78 said:

That really sounds nasty. I had a very pleasant experience at MS color. The guy who served me, Ivan, is a nice young chap who appears more camera enthusiast than salesman to me. Beginner's luck I would say, he just grabbed the class 10 card and herringbone bag and threw it into the package. I never checked, nor did he explain what was in or what's not in the package. he offered to sell me a filter for my powerzoom, but I kindly rejected (I'm not a filter guy) and said I would return if I need. Paid cash and left a happy man :)

With services like that, who needs funan and SLS?

ok i let my guard down.. my enthusiasm got the better of me, and i thought funan was past the sim lim nonsense. wrong bet on the wrong horse!
i'm in sales too, but i dont lie to get a sale. that brings it to a whole different (low) level.

I totally get your feeling but as you said yourself, you can't afford to be naive in Singapore. ;) I wish it would be different. If you want a good and honest service you have to buy at Sony Wisma. That's the only camera shop I like here. :)

That really sounds nasty. I had a very pleasant experience at MS color. The guy who served me, Ivan, is a nice young chap who appears more camera enthusiast than salesman to me. Beginner's luck I would say, he just grabbed the class 10 card and herringbone bag and threw it into the package. I never checked, nor did he explain what was in or what's not in the package. he offered to sell me a filter for my powerzoom, but I kindly rejected (I'm not a filter guy) and said I would return if I need. Paid cash and left a happy man :)

i had wanted to get from MS color cos of my bro recommendation, BUT they were outta stock, and i was too eager beaver to wait.. weekend here and i wanted some new toy to play with! hehe

silvermoon1407 said:

Yup. Ivan happens to be son of the boss and future boss. :)

I totally get your feeling but as you said yourself, you can't afford to be naive in Singapore. ;) I wish it would be different. If you want a good and honest service you have to buy at Sony Wisma. That's the only camera shop I like here. :)

I agree very much with ageha. Even with these recommended local camera shops, it's a hit and miss for me. Not sure of their business operandi but I got both good and bad service from them.

Also not too sure why sales is different from one salesperson to the other, could it be commission thingie? If I'm a bit more patience and able to tolerate their BS (I do my homework :think: ) for $1 less than Sony Wisma, I will buy from them.

If not, I'll end up feeling like icebear78. Others here might have thicker skin than me.;p

That's why it depends on my mood to buy from these shops or straight go the Wisma SC and pay at SRP.

Sorry OT..............Happily waiting for my turn to buy the kit + maybe another e-mount lens.

Last edited:
icebear78 said:
i have moved on bro.. its not about the $$, its about the ethics and circumstances of the sale. and i dont want others to share the same misery of getting tokked (even abit of $$ also don't feel good), and forum is a great place to share who are the black sheep out there, and who to avoid. hopefully they will change and improve their business model.

The nex6 is a great camera, no regrets, and oh so compact with the 16-50 lens. i've already ordered a bunch of acccesories online. spare batts, AC external charger, car charger, neoprene neckstrap, neoprene camera pouch for putting into messenger bag, additional lens cap, nex adaptors, lens for super long distance, 2 x teleconverter.. oops.. lol..

You order from eBay? Any recommended ones? Im a noob.. And afraid kena chop at local ships.

For what it is worth icebear78, I also kena carroted when I was first exploring cameras. In the long run, it's not a lot of money. Just take it as a learning experience and enjoy your camera.

Next time, take your time to shop and buy something. I am still waiting for the Nex-6 to be restocked.

What telephoto lens and teleconverter did you buy?

Which lens for super long distance you had ordered?

Just received my charger and now busy charging the original and two 3rd party battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.