Sony NEX-6 (The "mini NEX-7" about to be announced soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
some were corner (the antenna) some were centre(slightly below centre) (the flowers)
the GEL logo was slightly to the left of centre. cos the distance was so big relative to the zoom, it was quite a big image, had to crop alot away

you need to compare corner to corner, center to center. else, one would think that the lens is perfect

kei1309 said:
probably in the east side :bsmilie:

Bedok? or Ubi? :bsmilie:

Haha, why did he even mention he took them from his home in the first place? ;-) If you wouldn't have done that you could have posted the uncropped shots. :p

kei1309 said:
probably in the east side :bsmilie:

Bedok? or Ubi? :bsmilie:

Near u since u seemed to recognize d area. Haha

I just talked with Courts. They really told me they got their NEX 6 and 5R only with a Sony 8GB Class 4 from their agent. Cool...
At least they were willing to chip in an additional Class 10 card for free.

Thoth said:
Near u since u seemed to recognize d area. Haha

Nope i don't stay there.. You don't see such HDB flats in the west or North. Also, same goes for the newer flats in the east.

:bsmilie:

you need to compare corner to corner, center to center. else, one would think that the lens is perfect

easy to say, but the difference between the 2 focal lengths is HUGE.. one is max 50mm, the other is 500mm.. i tried to take centre, but it ends up like taking a freaking landscape shot when compared to the 500mm.. haha.. furthermore, i was rushing for work, so just took some snap shots for comparison. that said, even if corner to corner etc, i am POSITIVE there's no way you can compare the 2 lens.. the difference in focal length is just too big.

anyway, it was just a reference shot only to take a quick look at the difference, not going into the specifics and details of the IQ of the photo at different portions of the lens.

Haha, why did he even mention he took them from his home in the first place? ;-) If you wouldn't have done that you could have posted the uncropped shots. :p

haha.. uncropped shows too much lah! later see my neighbour changing for work how! oops!

for kei: i will try to take more shots so u can picture what i mean.. this 500mm is a real killer.. i checked the specs.. Angle of View 5° !! OMFG..

ah.. what is that ah?

Ops, sorry I mixed it up with Keko's new 400mm F8: http://www.kenko-tokina.co.jp/imaging/eq/camera-lens/kenko_cameralens/4961607418475.html
There is also a new Reflex 300mm F6.3 MF MACRO: http://www.kenko-tokina.co.jp/tokina/reflex300.html
The samples look quite good for a cheap mirror lens...
P1010420.jpg

Last edited:
wow.. amazing shots. he must have sniper hands! my was shaking like siao (even on a tripod), damn hard to focus. haha.

Is this a cropped shot? And was it on tripod?

Anyone here is a hardcore DSLR user like using A900 or A850 and now using the NEX-6? I would like to hear your views on the usability of the camera...

Hi guys. You reckon we can get the cam cheaper at the airport since no GST?

TME said:
Anyone here is a hardcore DSLR user like using A900 or A850 and now using the NEX-6? I would like to hear your views on the usability of the camera...

Focusing speed oon the NEX-6 will definitely not be as fast as the A900. As for control-wise, having a single dial on the NEX-6 won't be as usable (to me) at least, as compared to the NEX-7

Can confirm nex6 made in Thailand?

Wah! How much and where to buy? I've been looking for a lens to take wildlife for a long time.
Not sure if you can buy those lenses locally. The only place where I saw the 400mm one in stores was Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.