Sony NEX-6 (The "mini NEX-7" about to be announced soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, what are the freebies they are offering for ms color compare to the rest? Thanks in advance!

ageha said:
Okay, I never used that one but I have the Olympus 12-50mm and the Nikon 10-100mm and both are a joy to use but the Sony 16-50mm is definitely a deal breaker for me, the zoom is loud and too slow. The NEX-6 body itself is great. I don't understand how Sony can sell a lens like that.

Powerzooms are meant for smoother zooming during video. For stills, you r better off with conventional zooms. But having said that, is the zooming really loud? Can try zooming during video and hear playback?

silvermoon1407 said:
As previously mentioned, 16Gb SD card and case for MS color...

16gb is sony 94mb/s class10. A good card.

Anyone managed to download and install the Lens software version update for the 18200mm? Seems to have issue downloading.

How to do that??? I didn't know got software for lens. =p

Powerzooms are meant for smoother zooming during video. For stills, you r better off with conventional zooms. But having said that, is the zooming really loud? Can try zooming during video and hear playback?
Thanks for letting me now ;), I own two power zooms as mentioned. The Sony one isn't smooth, it's chunky. Yes, it's loud but I haven't tested if the internal mic picks it up.

Last edited:
Why didn't you ask for a better card?

Don't think he know what freebies & spec they giving out. I was kind of shock also when I saw the spec from the cover as I'm expecting Class 4 or 6.

If I knew that it came with a Class 10 I would have asked for it.
You should always try to negotiate. Last time I bought a camera at Wisma they wanted to give me a Class 4 SD card, I asked for a 50MB/s HX Memory Stick instead and they agreed. They have more room than some salesmen say.

Last edited:
You should always try to negotiate. Last time I bought a camera at Wisma they wanted to give me a Class 4 SD card, I asked for a 50MB/s HX Memory Stick instead and they agreed.

I didn't bother to negotiate as I have a few Sandisk Class 10 cards lying around and no one here at the time listed their free card as a Class 10. I was contented to get a spare card and case for the price already.

Regardless, I called MsColor up and they said they gave me the wrong card so I just need to go back another day to get the Class 10.

Thumbs up for MS.

just remember, for higher-end cameras they'll give better cards.

for lower-end cameras like the NEX-3 series or Cyber-shots they'll give those Class 4 cards.

for Sony Store they can't give out lower-end cards with higher-end cameras as they have to follow the rules.

as for those dealers.. if you got a bad salesman, they might give you something that's not on the promo list.

16gb is sony 94mb/s class10. A good card.

Er... I really doubt Class 10 can do 94mb/s.
Even 24mb/s is like over-rating it.

Personally, I never experienced anything more than 16Mb/s for Class 10 when transferring Raws to and from my comp with a high speed card reader.
Of course they differ from brand to brand but 94mb/s? :eek:

Er... I really doubt Class 10 can do 94mb/s.
Even 24mb/s is like over-rating it.

Personally, I never experienced anything more than 16Mb/s for Class 10 when transferring Raws to and from my comp with a high speed card reader.
Of course they differ from brand to brand but 94mb/s? :eek:

that refers to the max READ SPEED for the card. the write speed is slower, as written on the packaging of the card.

for Sandisk it's different. the write speed is up to 95mb/s.

You should always try to negotiate. Last time I bought a camera at Wisma they wanted to give me a Class 4 SD card, I asked for a 50MB/s HX Memory Stick instead and they agreed. They have more room than some salesmen say.

Same for me what happen @ MSColor they gave me a class 4 when I got the A77 I asked them to give me the MS HX 50mb/s card too and they gave me :) I buy all my Sony at MSColor AMK Hub I find their Shop Manager very friendly and not pushy.

Status
Not open for further replies.