Sony NEX-6 (The "mini NEX-7" about to be announced soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
not alot ppl selling 7 compare to 5/N.

True... NEX 7 users are holding on to NEX 7R or NEX 8 or NEX FF...

not alot ppl selling 7 compare to 5/N.

nex7 still good so far... some issue but nothing too major. 5n been there for a while that's why ppl are upgrading to 5R or NEX6. Once NEX7 replacement arrives you'll see more nex7 in BnS

nex7 still good so far... some issue but nothing too major. 5n been there for a while that's why ppl are upgrading to 5R or NEX6. Once NEX7 replacement arrives you'll see more nex7 in BnS

Haha... Waiting for the NEX FF to arrive instead... Can plan my next HK trip to anticipate the launch and get it cheaper by then... Keke

Haha... Waiting for the NEX FF to arrive instead... Can plan my next HK trip to anticipate the launch and get it cheaper by then... Keke

Mind helping me get one hahaha

Mind helping me get one hahaha

Of coz dun mind... Still a long time to wait though, nothing comes out of sony rumours yet...

but no international warranty ah... is there?

but no international warranty ah... is there?

Need to go to Sony Service Centre in HK to convert to 1 year international limited warranty if you buy from renowned shops in HK that offers tourist warranty cards I think. Dunno if it's still viable.

Need to go to Sony Service Centre in HK to convert to 1 year international limited warranty if you buy from renowned shops in HK that offers tourist warranty cards I think. Dunno if it's still viable.

oh ya.. forgot.. is canon n nikon dont have.

Still available, my friend just bought me a flash and dealer help him to send in Sony HK.

rev_zone said:
Still available, my friend just bought me a flash and dealer help him to send in Sony HK.

Tks. Then HK it will b for d NEX FF purchase next year. Still no news from d rumours mill. LOL

Anyone know whether Gariz Leather half case can fit into NEX6?

Sold my SELP1650 ...... :thumbsup:

Played with the 6 and 5R and the new kit lens yesterday, the 16-50mm lens is pretty disappointing. It didn't know it's actually a motorized zoom. I like motorized zooms but this one is pretty sluggish. If you start turning the zoom ring it doesn't react immediately especially if you turn the ring fast, it always moves the lens elements with a huge delay compared to other motorized zooms I have.

Last edited:
Anyone managed to download and install the Lens software version update for the 18200mm? Seems to have issue downloading.

Played with the 6 and 5R and the new kit lens yesterday, the 16-50mm lens is pretty disappointing. It didn't know it's actually a motorized zoom. I like motorized zooms but this one is pretty sluggish. If you start turning the zoom ring it doesn't react immediately especially if you turn the ring fast, it always moves the lens elements with a huge delay compared to other motorized zooms I have.

I had the panasonic 14-42X and I find it a bit slow and there's a slight delay... meaning it's slower than that lens?

Where you reserved yours in the end?

MS Color giving Sony LCS-EMC soft carry case and one SD card 16GB (Class 10).

they ran out of stock from what i heard.. i got from SLRR

I had the panasonic 14-42X and I find it a bit slow and there's a slight delay... meaning it's slower than that lens?
Okay, I never used that one but I have the Olympus 12-50mm and the Nikon 10-100mm and both are a joy to use but the Sony 16-50mm is definitely a deal breaker for me, the zoom is loud and too slow. The NEX-6 body itself is great. I don't understand how Sony can sell a lens like that.

Last edited:
ageha said:
Okay, I never used that one but I have the Olympus 12-50mm and the Nikon 10-100mm and both are a joy to use but the Sony 16-50mm is definitely a deal breaker for me, the zoom is loud and too slow. The NEX-6 body itself is great. I don't understand how Sony can sell a lens like that.

I think its ok considering its very low price.

To make a lens smaller by half the size, theres sure to be compromise.

For general consumer, it works perfectly fine imo, esp for the small compact portable size.

Its not meant for pros anyway, which are the hardest to satisfy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.