Sony NEX-6 (The "mini NEX-7" about to be announced soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
K nitez guys... Time to count down to iPhone 5 in 3 hours... OT I m... paisei... :confused:

I'm quite confused with the touchscreen portion with different places saying different things. Though it makes sense from a product differentiation POV for Sony to not implement touchscreen for Nex 6. But if they had one, would really compete with the OMD, though the stylings are different.

Whether Touchscreen good or not is depend on the user, some people with bigger nose sure find it troublesome , I seen it while my friend using my 650D her nose keep on touching the screen , she said that irritate her haha. But for me hope that if there are one extra function that we can turn on and off the touchscreen that will be great

Never imagine it turn out this way but Sony has the means to innovate. This is evolution in progress. Good thing they are willing to continue to invent and re-invent, though sometimes at our cost.

I like what I'm seeing now. More to come I guess.

If i am not wrong, it has something to do with their current CEO. Now his motto is "One Sony". He is trying to create the synergy among the Sony products.

In my opinion, as long as the alpha series and nex series cannot be used as a phone, i am happy to go with Sony.

No touch screen? I'm out. :p

Yah, who cares ! ...my 5N has touch screen, disabled the bruddy thing after 20 mins with it !

Yah, who cares ! ...my 5N has touch screen, disabled the bruddy thing after 20 mins with it !

It took you 20 minutes? LOL that's the first bloody thing I disabled when I took it out of the box!

Rashkae said:
It took you 20 minutes? LOL that's the first bloody thing I disabled when I took it out of the box!

Yeah. I don't see see the joy of poking lcds to take pictures either. For peeps screaming for manual Controls dials and touchscreen , I am afraid I add those two together.

On my radar this new nex 6, any idea as to whether you are able to screw on filters onto the 16-50 mm kit lens?

On my radar this new nex 6, any idea as to whether you are able to screw on filters onto the 16-50 mm kit lens?

If it's E Mount standard, should be a 49mm filter thread size..

well, to each his own, the touchscreen is super important for legacy lens users like me. The touch digital zoom function allows for convenient and precise focus adjustments for manual focus users like me. Of course, there's always focus peaking, but it is not always accurate, especially for shallow DOF situations.

So I will be one of those disappointed if NEX-6 does not have touchscreen.... but it's ok.. will just get the 5R then.

If it's E Mount standard, should be a 49mm filter thread size..

intro-001.jpg

Wrong, e-mount 16-50mm is 40.5mm thread size.

Har??? WTH???

Why? Lens thread size depends on the lens, not the lens mount. Just because it's e-mount does not mean all e-mount lenses will have 49mm thread size. There is no such "standard".

Why? Lens thread size depends on the lens, not the lens mount. Just because it's e-mount does not mean all e-mount lenses will have 49mm thread size. There is no such "standard".
Yup, it depends on the lens, not the mount. The Sigma 30mm is a 46mm, while the original SEL18200 is a 67mm.
The only downside is not being able to interchange your filters.

Yup, it depends on the lens, not the mount. The Sigma 30mm is a 46mm, while the original SEL18200 is a 67mm.
The only downside is not being able to interchange your filters.

Can always get the step-up or step-down converter ring from ebay, not very expensive. In fact, I'm considering a 46 to 49mm converter so that I can use the UV filter and 2.5x magnifying lens on the sigma lens.

But 40.5mm?:hammer: where to find that size of filter

m32t8103 said:

Got oso ex. LOL

m32t8103 said:

I got the 40.5mm UV filter and some replacement cap from eBay last time for my Fuji X10 lens. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.