Singapore Street Festival 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Singapore Street Festival 2005 (small coverage)

here.

Feel free to comment... :sweat:

denniskee said:
Hi Darren

I was @ today's SSF shooting for fun cause not my turn yet. However, 1 of the SSF organiser @ stage C demand to see the pass (not wearing it cause I not on duty mah). Upon showing her my pass (2 pcs, 1 from EG, 1 from Simon), she insist that I give her CS forum's contact number to validate the 2 pass!!??

I told her there is none, @ this point of time, another lady SSF organiser @ stage C came over and told me I can continue shooting, provided I wear the 2 pass. I told her CS state this is a open event, so its open to public to shoot (pls correct me if I am wrong, if thats the case, I apologise). However, she told me its not open to public to shoot.

I believe this is not the 1st time this happens, pls advice is this event open to public to shoot. This will helps to prevent any further mis-understanding between fellow CSers and the SSF organiser.

Thanks.

Hi Dennis
I was there (I was on "duty") when this incident happened last night. Prior to that, the organiser was OK with me shooting and a couple of the other CS guys, one even stayed on the stage for some time to shoot.
The organiser got nervous when the main event started, which is a competition with 3 judges, including the chairwoman of the Organiser. If you recalled, suddenly at that time there were altogether the whole team of CS photographers (i think about 8 or more) came with all the big guns and very aggressively started shooting near to the stage and all over the whole areas. For me during such public event, I normally think of the audience/judges first and as such I am always behind pillars, chairs, table or at the side. But when I saw such aggressive shooting last nite, I even kept my Pass immediately (maybe i was a bit embarassed) coz i personally also feel that the situation is a bit too aggressive and honestly i was expecting "something" to happen. So it did.

Not trying to hit anyone personally but i believe we must respect the organisers before we expect to gain any respect from them. Though it is our duty to do a good job, but let's leave the work to the "official" photographer at that time and let the passive photographers stay clear so that minimal disturbance will result. I mean if i am the organiser, I would also want publicity but also i want to make sure everyone else enjoy the show too. Remember it is their job (rice-bowl?) to make sure such events are properly organised.

SO let's not complain about this matter but instead respect the person who is on duty (that's why Darren did a Official Duty-rooster list). Our Pass does not entitle us any priviledge but only when one is on duty.

Please dont flame me, i just want everyone to be neutral and see the big picture. I am sure the organiser will be happy that so many photographers shown such interest in their events. Keep shooting but be caring.

Today is my turn xD... will be holding 50e come look for me and make frenz =x i need some guide too ^^

Canonised said:
Hi Dennis
I was there (I was on "duty") when this incident happened last night. Prior to that, the organiser was OK with me shooting and a couple of the other CS guys, one even stayed on the stage for some time to shoot.
The organiser got nervous when the main event started, which is a competition with 3 judges, including the chairwoman of the Organiser. If you recalled, suddenly at that time there were altogether the whole team of CS photographers (i think about 8 or more) came with all the big guns and very aggressively started shooting near to the stage and all over the whole areas. For me during such public event, I normally think of the audience/judges first and as such I am always behind pillars, chairs, table or at the side. But when I saw such aggressive shooting last nite, I even kept my Pass immediately (maybe i was a bit embarassed) coz i personally also feel that the situation is a bit too aggressive and honestly i was expecting "something" to happen. So it did.

Not trying to hit anyone personally but i believe we must respect the organisers before we expect to gain any respect from them. Though it is our duty to do a good job, but let's leave the work to the "official" photographer at that time and let the passive photographers stay clear so that minimal disturbance will result. I mean if i am the organiser, I would also want publicity but also i want to make sure everyone else enjoy the show too. Remember it is their job (rice-bowl?) to make sure such events are properly organised.

SO let's not complain about this matter but instead respect the person who is on duty (that's why Darren did a Official Duty-rooster list). Our Pass does not entitle us any priviledge but only when one is on duty.

Please dont flame me, i just want everyone to be neutral and see the big picture. I am sure the organiser will be happy that so many photographers shown such interest in their events. Keep shooting but be caring.

Hi canonised

No, i am not complaining, infact, I kept my stuff and went drinking right after the incident. no, I did not make things difficult for the official as I knew it might be due to mis-understanding, pls refer to my previous posting.

I just need Darren to clearify if the public can shoot, I think this is hardly a complain.

Sorry, guess most of us are newbie and dont know the correct way to shoot an event :embrass: . Thanks for highlighting the correct way :) . I will keep that in mind :thumbsup: .

Kelvin^Newbie said:
Today is my turn xD... will be holding 50e come look for me and make frenz =x i need some guide too ^^

Hi kelvin

enjoy your shoot. me going to shoot some star trail, cross my finger the cloud will clear tonight.

Well,I was at the Singapore Arts Festival outreach event feat. TeamThirteen just now, it was free and easy, come and go, snap if you wish to.

Normally, I would take it as an open event unless there is a sign explicitly stating the opposite.I agree with Canonised that we photographers should not get into the way of too many people and sorta machine-gun the whole place, the crowd should get the first hand view and the VIPs should not feel threatened..

Shoot well, aim well, don't give all the organisers heebie-jeebies and we should be fine :D

Well, that's my opinion. :)

omg.. juz got back frm camp... going to die liao.. so damn tired.... ****...ahhh.. sian... gotta miss so mani events this time... ahhhhh....

Hi all SSF shooters....anyone can't make it for their allocated time slots do PM me. I will cover for u :lovegrin: I already got the pass & stuff, so no problems!

denniskee said:
Hi kelvin

enjoy your shoot. me going to shoot some star trail, cross my finger the cloud will clear tonight.

i reach there 6 and the event 815 then start.... i wait till rot sia... :bsmilie:

Kelvin^Newbie said:
i reach there 6 and the event 815 then start.... i wait till rot sia... :bsmilie:

so now u know... next time no need to go so early ;p anyway nice meeting you...

jkl said:
so now u know... next time no need to go so early ;p anyway nice meeting you...

nice to meet you too... nxt time go shooting together...

Kelvin^Newbie said:
nice to meet you too... nxt time go shooting together...

sure :thumbsup:

Hi all "official" photogs.

Was there Kpo Kpo today wearing CS t-shirt.

Was approached by the organisers a couple of times to shoot the audiences too.

I think they (the organisers) also want to portray that the festival is successful in drawing the crowds.

Jus went thru the SSF official gallery... only a very small percentage of photos uploaded are of the gathering audience.

So if you have such pics, do upload a few.

cheers

wah today got cos play >.< i was at cine playing pool with friends should have bring my camera down :(

Darren... i may not be able to shoot tomorrow again!! my D70 died on me!!it's the blinking CF light problem... Just when i have things to shoot and going overseas....

My slot at 3-5pm today (5/6) will be available as a result. Anyone interested pls SMS me @98776909. thanks.

]Darren... i may not be able to shoot tomorrow again!! my D70 died on me!!it's the blinking CF light problem... Just when i have things to shoot and going overseas....

My slot at 3-5pm today (5/6) @ Stage C will be available as a result. Anyone interested pls SMS me @98776909. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.