Simple product (seefei)

Status
Not open for further replies.
want to buy the HS-02. when are you going down to swissco again? need your advice on how to set it up. :embrass:

will be getting a prime lens for potrait. i am planning to match the prime lens with the HSS flash light for outdoor shooting. next week?

use reflector, i use to use flash, now i dun... nothing beats natural light...

use reflector, i use to use flash, now i dun... nothing beats natural light...

No you dun use a reflector to get dark background. If you dun believe me then u should believe Ted Adnan (Malaysia known fashion photographer), who did a brief explaination on strobe vs reflector.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76235682@N00/161288179

No you dun use a reflector to get dark background. If you dun believe me then u should believe Ted Adnan (Malaysia known fashion photographer), who did a brief explaination on strobe vs reflector.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76235682@N00/161288179

aya of course la...but not every time dark background mah... and not every time got nice sun and nice cloud behind u... i believe Ted Adnan... :thumbsup: but i think there is time to use flash and not to use them... there is no limit to creativity ya... :)

No flash just reflector... Bottom line use what ever means to achieve whats best. :thumbsup:
2552978083_26506d8093_o.jpg

2553800158_ed6b8fff9f_o.jpg

Guys, no right or wrong, just different approach to determining exposure using a reflector vs a strobe that Ted Adnan's comparison shots demonstrate (from the link provided by longko).

The foreground subject is the couple with a strong light source backlit.

For the photo on the left ie. using a reflector, exposure is measured for the ambient daylight. The reflector (or it can also be a fill in flash) is used to provide a fill to ensure the couple gets sufficient exposure and reduce the lighting ratio between the bright background and the dark foreground (or else they will appear as a silhouette).

For the photo on the right, the flash unit is used to provide the principle illumination. The ambient background exposure is deliberately underexposed and the flash exposure is set to correctly expose for the foreground subject, the couple.

since the start of this thread by longko, i learned a lot about setting up and strobing. i would like to take this opportunity to thank all contributors. kopi or beer on me in the next outing, ok?

Cool doggy pics. I used my wife's cat as a model a few months back. Not so good though I was just picking up off-camera flash then. But the sharpness I got at low-light from the kit lens was amazing. Almost prime-like!!!

BTW, thanks for sharing the info abt the HSS.

2167804248_e97f08e7b6_o.jpg

Nice shots, you should start sharing here;
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279350

Here are a couple I did yesterday when I test the Riva SB-3000
IMGP0891copy.jpg

IMGP0899copy.jpg

Cool doggy pics. I used my wife's cat as a model a few months back. Not so good though I was just picking up off-camera flash then. But the sharpness I got at low-light from the kit lens was amazing. Almost prime-like!!!

BTW, thanks for sharing the info abt the HSS.

That's a great shot. The truth is I don't have a photography eye, but I do have a digital eye^^; This is what I saw in ur shot.

Here's what I'd been working on for the past few hrs^^ A portable strobe reflector^^
IMGP1096copy.jpg

Here's what I'd been working on for the past few hrs^^ A portable strobe reflector^^
IMGP1096copy.jpg

Nice Strobe Reflector u made..... Hope I will make one like your DIY Strobe reflector one day. Better save money than waste money ordering items from ebay.

Nice Strobe Reflector u made..... Hope I will make one like your DIY Strobe reflector one day. Better save money than waste money ordering items from ebay.

Thx. I don't recall any commercial portable flash reflector on ebay.^^; This is is not 100% complete. The middle I'm going to mod it as now it's a light sphere in the center:bsmilie:

Edit: My bad, it should be a soft box I'm make lol

Also like to share a few shots taken with strobes.

2555069416_de5743868f_o.jpg

2555069344_385ac69bbf_o.jpg

Version 1 of the 32cm round soft box completed^^

Here's how it looks.
IMGP1106copy.jpg

Here's the fold down.
IMGP1109copy.jpg

Here's the result.
Cost <$4 (without lightsphere) DIY lightsphere cost is <$1 or even free.
IMGP1100copy.jpg

Cute baby. got fever ah?

Also like to share a few shots taken with strobes.

2555069416_de5743868f_o.jpg

2555069344_385ac69bbf_o.jpg

Cool softbox! Like your b&w conversion.

Thx. I don't recall any commercial portable flash reflector on ebay.^^; This is is not 100% complete. The middle I'm going to mod it as now it's a light sphere in the center:bsmilie:

Edit: My bad, it should be a soft box I'm make lol

Cute baby. got fever ah?

ya lor.. 3rd tooth coming out thus a little fever.

Cool softbox! Like your b&w conversion.

not using softbox. using reflect umbrella. what b&w conversion?

longko
1. need your advice on the strobe mounting. is there any special or dedicated strobe mount or just mount it on a tripod.
2. any chance of a strobe outing next weekend since we have so many pentaxian buying the SB3000? :)

longko
1. need your advice on the strobe mounting. is there any special or dedicated strobe mount or just mount it on a tripod.
2. any chance of a strobe outing next weekend since we have so many pentaxian buying the SB3000? :)

You have the hotshoe flash holder, u can use that on tripod.

I should be doing a doggie shot on the 14th afternoon. hjbyeo bro should be joining to test the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8. I'll be having 2 slots (1 to 2.30pm and 2.30pm to 4pm), if u are interested you are free to join in the 2nd slot. SMS me if u are interested^^ I'll confirm once I get the location is confirmed by Wed.

Edit: Condition is must not stressed the dogs^^; Total 4 dogs 1 hamster on that day^^;

longko
thanks for the quick reply. i will be there for the 2nd slot.

Can I go and see and learn how u guys do it?

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I only limit 1 extra photographer or "audience" for each slot. This is reduced distraction and stress on the dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.