Show us your lighting setups - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
if onli 1 light imho it will be better to put the light in the centre. secondly, you should have post them better.

Thanks.. it was 2 lights from 2x 580EXII one left and one right.
as for the pose this was actually casual photo shoot, so I let them pose as free as they want to. Considering the event was full day event like I had mentioned at earlier post. Everyone must be very tired. But having them smiles after all its something amazing.

Thanks

Thanks.. it was 2 lights from 2x 580EXII one left and one right.
as for the pose this was actually casual photo shoot, so I let them pose as free as they want to. Considering the event was full day event like I had mentioned at earlier post. Everyone must be very tired. But having them smiles after all its something amazing.

Thanks

Hey , I think you did well considering the circumctances .
They were all inching up to pose for you !
Better light shapers probably better results ...
But you did well !

Hey , I think you did well considering the circumctances .
They were all inching up to pose for you !
Better light shapers probably better results ...
But you did well !

thanks bro... yes.. they're all want to go home ASAP after the dinner since they still have to fly the next morning. Serving those demanding passengers :D

I'm still considering, researching and saving some money to get better/proper set up than current I have. I hope could find something suits me.

Thanks again.

From last year photo shoot for Cathay Pacific flight attendant in Hong Kong.

CX2A.jpg

Used 2 580EX II left and right thru umbrella fired with PW Plus II

Apologize for the one on left didnt fire

IMG_9080.jpg

The photo and the subjects look cute! I say that positively ... looks like they enjoyed themselves! :thumbsup:

sry guys, reposted this just in case jchan & kel cudnt see it..hehe;)

Yup, the Skyport was connected to my body's PC sync port and ST-E2 on the hotshoe..

Most wireless triggers has a jack to allow you to connect a sync cord to the camera if there's no hotshoe. :)

ohh i see, what if i'm using the Yongnuo rf602 trigger & rcver? is it possible to be using the both the skyport & rf602 tgther?

sry guys, reposted this just in case jchan & kel cudnt see it..hehe;)

ohh i see, what if i'm using the Yongnuo rf602 trigger & rcver? is it possible to be using the both the skyport & rf602 tgther?

First, you have to make sure that your camera has a PC sync terminal.
I am not sure about the Yongnuo trigger but let's assume if it can only be triggered from hotshoe.
You put the Yongnuo trigger to hotshoe on cam. Connect skyport trigger using supplied 2.5mm to PC sync cable to your camera. It will work.

Last edited:
4589460012_7ac0e5c2c7.jpg

bump

this thread should be stickied i reckon.

Hi guys....THIS IS THE BEST THREAD IN CS!!!...Everybody is sharing their knowledge and skills...in state of telling ppl off..

The more you guys share...the more you guys learn....

All the while I think flash is not reliable...You guys certainly change my perspective....

Goooood Jobs:bigeyes::);):thumbsup::heart:

yes it's the 28" westcott apollo.

oh yes bro. thanks...

by te way, what's the strobe you're using? seems there's a pwerpack underneath it.. ;)

mind sharing your gears? i mean telling us..

oh yes bro. thanks...

by te way, what's the strobe you're using? seems there's a pwerpack underneath it.. ;)

mind sharing your gears? i mean telling us..

haha dont mind.

thats the jinbei RD600.

the speed lights a 580EXII

haha dont mind.

thats the jinbei RD600.

the speed lights a 580EXII
i am contemplating on getting the Cyclops being sold by one of the advertisers in here...

i need the portability..heheh. but waiting for the reviews on the Cyclops..(if there are any...)

how abt the lightstands bro? how much are those? from B&H?:think:

i am contemplating on getting the Cyclops being sold by one of the advertisers in here...

i need the portability..heheh. but waiting for the reviews on the Cyclops..(if there are any...)

how abt the lightstands bro? how much are those? from B&H?:think:

yea from bh.

manfrotto nanos, around 70++ usd iirc.

haven't been on the forums in awhile. got a link for the cyclops?

ok nvm i saw. it's the brilliant strobe.

initially wanted to get from castwind too. but i went with the jinbeis from afiend instead.

just started to read up about stobist from strobist.blogspot.com and i stumped upon this thread and i must say.. very very inspiring shots from j-chan especially. Looking to learn alot more from you guys.

I'm looking to buy my first wireless flash trigger. Would the phottix aster suffice?

just started to read up about stobist from strobist.blogspot.com and i stumped upon this thread and i must say.. very very inspiring shots from j-chan especially. Looking to learn alot more from you guys.

I'm looking to buy my first wireless flash trigger. Would the phottix aster suffice?

why not the atlas? range goes further then the pocket wizards plusII and reliability looks good. if u do a google i think there's a review from red dot photo.

:)I enjoy this whole lighting section in the Forum...I own and use more than a few modern systems but I have been having a lot of fun lately using an old (30 yrs +) Photogenic Studiomaster II system for the last year or so in my Guam studio..:bsmilie: Here are a couple of pics from my blog;)...http://snakephoto.blogspot.com/2010/07/new-cameraold-studio-flash.html

Cheers

I surrender.......... I admit that I have been a closet strobist for years without anyone in CS finding out .....

bag29.jpg

bag110.jpg

Everything normally hidden in a Lowepro Omni Traveller bag ..... I usually tell folks that 'its nothing... just a couple of old lenses and chocolate bars inside'

Status
Not open for further replies.