Show us your lighting setups - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Chan

Sep 21, 2005
This being the newly created section for lighting, I think a lighting setup thread is in order.. so let me share an old setup of mine..

This..

2 gridded Vivitar 285HVs top left and right at 1/16th power to light up the cam, another at the top gelled blue plus grid at 1/4th power to light up background..

Creates this..

Last edited:
Good start for showing the set up. :thumbsup:

May I know is the light trial on the 1st image is delibrate or part of the set up?

thanks.. its just something to spice an otherwise boring setup image..

BTW, where did u guys get the lightstands?

shop or? and how much roughly?

thanx heaps

PL

thanks J for creating this thread, hopefully more people will share thier setups to provide a better learning.

I second that! Thanks J for creating this interesting thread. Have always wanted to know more about different lighting setups and the results it gives. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

A more recent one..

3103671955_3102eb36e6.jpg

580EXII and 3x 430EX/II into a shoot thru, aka high-speed syncing, daylight bokeh enabling setup..

you get this.. the above setup held high right and another 430EX on the left for abit of fill.. triggered via ST-E2 on E-TTL..

great!! keep this up! im just about to learn flash lighting. this will help a lot!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Guys, tried one BTS on how to setup and conduct the shoot. Hope you like it. :sweat:

Special thanks to following people
Videographer: Coffee3in1, for videoing the whole shooting process and video editing. Your video rock! :thumbsup:
2nd photographer and assistant: m3lv1nh0, Bro thanks for helping out :bsmilie:
Model: Joanna Lim, model with good attitude and hardworking
Assistant: Michelle, cheerful young lady.

Everything in the video are the 1st try. There is still room for improvement.

[vid]1MuX8CCVIP8[/vid]

Last edited:
upz..

Hi Guys, tried one BTS on how to setup and conduct the shoot. Hope you like it. :sweat:

Special thanks to following people
Videographer: Coffee3in1, for videoing the whole shooting process and video editing. Your video rock! :thumbsup:
2nd photographer and assistant: m3lv1nh0, Bro thanks for helping out :bsmilie:
Model: Joanna Lim, model with good attitude and hardworking
Assistant: Michelle, cheerful young lady.

Everything in the video are the 1st try. There is still room for improvement.

Shoot in Sentosa

Hi phoakm, the horizontal bar to hold the california sunbounce and flash...... where did u get these from?

I actually need to bring over some equipment in August for a series of shoots over a month here and was thinking maybe i can get some of these either in SG or i'll scour around here for some of these?

looking at adding somemore equipment to my current stuff which means another 2 more tripods (lightweight ones), 1-2 horizontal bars, maybe another 3-4 clamps and..... 4 shoot thru umbrellas..........

eeekkkksss!
:confused:

Hi phoakm, the horizontal bar to hold the california sunbounce and flash...... where did u get these from?

I actually need to bring over some equipment in August for a series of shoots over a month here and was thinking maybe i can get some of these either in SG or i'll scour around here for some of these?

looking at adding somemore equipment to my current stuff which means another 2 more tripods (lightweight ones), 1-2 horizontal bars, maybe another 3-4 clamps and..... 4 shoot thru umbrellas..........

eeekkkksss!
:confused:

That item is bogen/manfrotto magic arm. It is available in Cathay Photo. Mine bought from Hong Kong. Cheaper. :)

Thanks to Phoa for linking the video.

Yeah, still a noob. Playing around with video. More BTS to come. Heh.. heh..

No worries, Bro. :)
You will be the person I will call for future BTS.
Next shoot, I can loan you my Rode VideoMic and Litepanels.

I had found a way to strengthen my Sunbounce and flash system. Also I would try wireless threder shoot in my next shoot. Wasn't prepared in the last shoot. :bsmilie:

another to share..

3252362713_8423fc4aee.jpg

another impromtu setup..
luckily there was this huge roll of paper lying around in the hall, some quick thinking and I turned it into a giant softbox.. the left flash didn't fire in this pic..

pardon the cropped hand, perfect example of me being too engrossed in lighting and neglecting composition..
2x 580EXII into that roll of paper behind at 1/1 power, 430EXII at 1/8th behind the group for background light..

Hey Guys,

Great post. Its nice to see more visual approach to learning like this thread.
A prime example of what we all like and love to do..."A picture is worth a thousand words".

Special cheers tp Phoakm and coffee3in1 for posting that video

BTW, im just a newbie and have learned a lot reading thru the forums. And this is one of them.

orzalana

Status
Not open for further replies.