Show us your lighting setups - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks Loves!

now itchy hands going to search in B&S..hehehhehe.

how do you place them on uneven ground?

if it's really uneven i get some one to hold them. hehe

other than that they do alright on uneven ground, only have to watch out for strong wind, or can use sandbags or something heavy to steady it.

if it's really uneven i get some one to hold them. hehe

other than that they do alright on uneven ground, only have to watch out for strong wind, or can use sandbags or something heavy to steady it.
:thumbsup:

Would love to learn from the video, but I can't hear a single word over the music. Can you please post another version?

Would love to learn from the video, but I can't hear a single word over the music. Can you please post another version?

Are you referring to the sentosa outing? i think you'd get a better response in the other thread. or PM the organizer Farisrxz.

Been all too quiet in here..

can someone please crank it up?

Phoakm? J-Chan? :devil:

Okok, as requested here are some shots from a shoot I did with DM and Aloy

Similar setups for both, had 2 sets of Quadras with us. One in an undiffused 1m Octa with silver deflector to act as a large beauty dish effect, another with a honeycomb grid and red gel for accent. Was half-way setting up when we got an impromtu model who just happened to ride in.. :)

Similar setups for both, had 2 sets of Quadras with us. One in an undiffused 1m Octa with silver deflector to act as a large beauty dish effect, another with a honeycomb grid and red gel for accent. Was half-way setting up when we got an impromtu model who just happened to ride in.. :)

Jer and Aloy have VERY SEKSI Lights!

Thanks J for letting me bum on yer Q!

hey J-Chan....you've answered my calling!! hahaha...

thanks mate! very nice of u to share...

i see if i have mine... :sweat:

No problem, I always try to shoot some behind the scenes shots for my own reference..

Anyway, CRC has a Quadra set for rent if anyone wants to try..

interesting...what time did u guys start shooting?

"Elinchrom Quadra at lowest power (8.2Ws) with 1-stop ND gel into 43" convertible umbrella top left, Canon 430EXII with CTO gel at 1/64th power 105mm zoom behind 2 o'clock position. Quadra triggered via Skyport, 430EXII triggered via ST-E2. (The ST-E2 doesn't seem to sync with the Quadra even with self-learning preflash option on) Had a lightmeter with me so if I remb correctly, key light was set to the background ambient and rim light slightly less than a stop over. 1/160th, f/1.8, ISO 400, 85mm f/1.8 on 5D2"

j-chan: how do u attach both skyport & ste2 to ur canon body? doesnt both need to be placed at ur hotshoe?

Most wireless triggers has a jack to allow you to connect a sync cord to the camera if there's no hotshoe. :)

Yup, the Skyport was connected to my body's PC sync port and ST-E2 on the hotshoe..

From last year photo shoot for Cathay Pacific flight attendant in Hong Kong.

CX2A.jpg

Used 2 580EX II left and right thru umbrella fired with PW Plus II

Apologize for the one on left didnt fire

IMG_9080.jpg

CX2A.jpg

Used 2 580EX II left and right thru umbrella fired with PW Plus II

Apologize for the one on left didnt fire

IMG_9080.jpg

Just wondering what time was this shot taken? Might be better if the sky has more colors instead of pitch black. Also take note of the distortions at the sides.

Just wondering what time was this shot taken? Might be better if the sky has more colors instead of pitch black. Also take note of the distortions at the sides.

It was 7ish PM... and it was full day event (ceremony, continued with dinner at CX City near HKIA) so this photo shoot was taken at the very end of that day.

As for the distortions yes fully aware of that but I think that because of the girl's pose little bit bend to inside .. since I used 17-40mm to get this shot done and behind me is a car park :) and for the shoot of lighting set up took it with same lens but from middle of the road in front of the CX City.

Last edited:
Yup, the Skyport was connected to my body's PC sync port and ST-E2 on the hotshoe..

Most wireless triggers has a jack to allow you to connect a sync cord to the camera if there's no hotshoe. :)

ohh i see, what if i'm using the Yongnuo rf602 trigger & rcver? is it possible to be using the both the skyport & rf602 tgther?

CX2A.jpg

if onli 1 light imho it will be better to put the light in the centre. secondly, you should have post them better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.