Should i Get a 17-50mm tamron or a Panasonic LX3

Which to Get???

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll get a PnS.

easily to carry around with you, no big chunky tubes to bring. see something you like? take a snapshot and revisit that place again. that i will do.

Why do you have a DSLR?

Get the Tamron

Probably because TS think LX3 is 24 mm equiv? While 17-55 / 17-50 is just 25.5 mm equiv at wide?

if you just want to get the shot and not be worried about IQ, then get the LX3

that way you can carry it with your d90 with the 80-200 attached, and can shoot whichever you want without changing lenses

but for better IQ, the tamron is the way to go

In my opinion, LX3 will depreciate faster than your 17-55. And further more, you lose more on capturing lower quality images.

Get a 2nd hand Tamron 17-50.

Lx3 is a good P&S, one of the best at this point in time, but it can't fight with any DSLR even at base ISO.

If you're only intending to print 4R etc, LX3 will serve you fine. High ISO will definitely disappoint you.

If you just want to have a handy camera option to take snaps whenever you are - get LX3
If you want the best image quality - get a tamron 17-50

However, I'm not sure if you can get used to the Tamron, after coming from a Nikkor Lens..:)

Definitely the 17 - 50. I have it and its a great lens... And i also bought a fujifilm F50fd 2nd hand to carry around. Don't have the idea of a pns being able to replace your dslr. The lx3 isn't exactly the smallest of pns. I would have gone for the F200EXR. Its cheaper too...

thanks guys i got both.. sometimes use lx3 sometimes use 17-55

I would suggest you take a look at the new Oly E-P1. It would have a large sensor than the LX3 with all the attendant benefits and superior image quality, yet compact (with the 17mm pancake lens) and discrete enough for travel use.

Status
Not open for further replies.