Settings for Group Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this going to be outdoor day shoot? if it is, still quite alright with the above recommendations..

if indoor, do make sure u check ur location..because u will be using flash..and to use flash on such a big group is not easy..

is this going to be outdoor day shoot? if it is, still quite alright with the above recommendations..

if indoor, do make sure u check ur location..because u will be using flash..and to use flash on such a big group is not easy..

Its outdoor ...but I was thinking do I still need flash if its outdoor for like 20 people?:dunno:

at least a idiot don't screw up like a newbie, dunno learn from others, don take the job then ask for help, like pour kerosene on urself and set fire and shout fire fire help help.

and whos the idiot who dunno tis and that, and accept jobs that out of their range.

sometimes, its good to scold newbies, as my time, i need to assist for bloody 6 mths then can hold camera for shifu, dunno how come nowadys newbies attitude sucks. and it really sucks. dunno don't accept, killing urself.

i dun understand why the mods of a beautiful forum like CS allows degraded a$$ like you to hang around.
fyi,i didnt accept any jobs, i just brough my cam along for fun shooting.(read f-u-n) in case you are that pathetic not being able to receive proper education and had to be an assistant and yet have to wait 6 BLOODY months to hold a bloody cam.

attitude sucks?
all forummers who's reading this thread will know whose att sucks.
i wont bother to reply to you anymore, u can go ahead and yank it off, u pathetic piece of u-know-what.

Its outdoor ...but I was thinking do I still need flash if its outdoor for like 20 people?:dunno:

then its ok..outdoor day shoot no need flash..but remember dun shoot against the source of light, else everybody in the group becomes dark faced, haha..for group shot must always check location first and decide on shooting direction, cause its kind of hard to decide when coordinate such a big group..

i dun understand why the mods of a beautiful forum like CS allows degraded a$$ like you to hang around.
fyi,i didnt accept any jobs, i just brough my cam along for fun shooting.(read f-u-n) in case you are that pathetic not being able to receive proper education and had to be an assistant and yet have to wait 6 BLOODY months to hold a bloody cam.

attitude sucks?
i wont bother to reply to you anymore, u can go ahead and yank it off, u pathetic piece of u-know-what.

Alright cool down...I don't even wan to bother replying him anyway bcos I don't have a sifu to hold camera with for 6 months. :(

then its ok..outdoor day shoot no need flash..but remember dun shoot against the source of light, else everybody in the group becomes dark faced, haha..for group shot must always check location first and decide on shooting direction, cause its kind of hard to decide when coordinate such a big group..

Great....thanks for valuable guidance :angel:

Alright cool down...I don't even wan to bother replying him anyway bcos I don't have a sifu to hold camera with for 6 months. :(

good luck with your group shot.
should go well with the advices given here.;)

good luck with your group shot.
should go well with the advices given here.;)

Yeah thanks...also good luck for ur fun shot in banquets..great gears u have there
*envy*

what smurfman is saying is that it is better not to accept jobs when you don't know how to do it.

instead waiting to be spoonfed just read up and give it a try, with digital you can view the results instantly and adjust on the spot.

you do not need to actually have a group of people to try, you only need 2 people
one for the front row and one for the back row.

position - compose - click - review - adjust settings - click ... ...

for outdoor shoot, it will depend on the available light, i would suggest that you recce the location first and do some test shots

attitude sucks?

its not a slr, its commercial i am learning in the past, and i can only hold the mamiya after 6 mths, and i have proper education, why i comments like that, ask u newbies urself, what kinda of photography are u guys learning nowadays?
some newbies can't even shoot with films, thats why its sucks......

lets see u go and learn commercial photography, see how far you can go..........

what smurfman is saying is that it is better not to accept jobs when you don't know how to do it.

instead waiting to be spoonfed just read up and give it a try, with digital you can view the results instantly and adjust on the spot.

you do not need to actually have a group of people to try, you only need 2 people
one for the front row and one for the back row.

position - compose - click - review - adjust settings - click ... ...

for outdoor shoot, it will depend on the available light, i would suggest that you recce the location first and do some test shots

Ya I agree but jus that the words he used are kinda too harsh. Yes I will get 2 people to help me with tomorrow before the actual shoot...Anyway I'm not doing a paid job jus helping since they say I got a better cam than their pns.

Ya I agree but jus that the words he used are kinda too harsh. Yes I will get 2 people to help me with tomorrow before the actual shoot...Anyway I'm not doing a paid job jus helping since they say I got a better cam than their pns.

harsh opps sorry times different liao, spoonfeed days are here.

Something which you may want to consider is how big is the image going to be blown up to. If they want to blown up the image so that they can see everyone's face clearly, say beyond 10 inch by 15 inch, can your camera do the job ? Check first what if will be used for and how big they'll blow it up till.

i suppose you are shooting at the 18mm end of the zoom?
but normally f8 will do for 2 or 3 rows f5.6 also can

try it out and see, you are shooting digital right?

I have a different opinion. Try not to shoot at 18mm. Move back and shoot around 20mm. Reason is that at full wide angle of the lens, there will be barrel distortion and some of the faces at the side will have funny looking faces and heads.

Mount cam on tripod so that u will be a fixed 20mm position. As it is on tripod, u can afford to use slow speed. Slow speed has advantages and disadvantages. Advantages is that it will be a nice, well exposed photo with clear background but it may catch other ambient lights and affecting the colour of the photo.

Are u going to type the names of the employees or company name somewhere. If that is so and usually these are located below the photo, u may want to leave some blank space below for your shoot. The camera will be pointing a bit below and therefore, it is advisable to shoot at F8 to 11.

its not a slr, its commercial i am learning in the past, and i can only hold the mamiya after 6 mths, and i have proper education, why i comments like that, ask u newbies urself, what kinda of photography are u guys learning nowadays?
some newbies can't even shoot with films, thats why its sucks......

lets see u go and learn commercial photography, see how far you can go..........

I MUST REALLY SUX. I NEVER USE FILM BEFORE. AHHH May God help me?

But interesting thing is, I also got assignment every week because my customers like my photos. How?

Smurfman, accept the fact that gone are the days of the traditional learning styles. Diff pp learnt diff. With the explosion of the internet and vast amount of resources in the library, learning takes a different angle.

However, I do agree with u that certain photographic jobs must have some training first especially weddings. Weddings is sacred to me and I have seen so many photographers spoiling other pp's photos. That I have to agree with Smurfman.

Sorry for the OT

Something which you may want to consider is how big is the image going to be blown up to. If they want to blown up the image so that they can see everyone's face clearly, say beyond 10 inch by 15 inch, can your camera do the job ? Check first what if will be used for and how big they'll blow it up till.

A well exposed D70s photo can be blown into 18 inch and by 12 inch without problems

Status
Not open for further replies.