S1/S2/S3/S5/SX1/SX10 pictures thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the Macro!

(Looks like an ant mimic spider), try to get the focus on the eyes. I know, it is not easy, you end up taking a large number of shots.

I like the empty space on the right.

Can you clone away the stuff on the top left?

Do you seriously want to waste money on a dSLR?

1- yesh thats the species. yesh the focus can put you off quite a bit initially but im getting excited by all the results. i predict i will be very into macro in the near future.

2-yesh me too =D

3-ahaa can but i shall let it remain for now and work on a new one without that distraction.

oh well, hahah lucky i have not yet plunge into the DSLRsphere. i guess i will be loyal to my S5 FOR NOW. we'll see. the lowlight incompetency still bugs me and i want pretty bokehs so bad. in the mean time, look! whee caterpillar!

3144206812_f0fe965f9b.jpg

3143380405_04fa65dbcb.jpg

3143380577_6f0aee6c26.jpg

Took a couple of pictures when I was in Tokyo recently, using my SX10 IS.

Japan137.jpg

Mount Fuji through hotel window

Japan305.jpg

Tower of Terror, Disneysea

For second picture, the building "slant" seems quite prominent when I used the lens at its widest angle of 28 mm.

Shot taken in Chek Jawa with S5is:

lonetree.jpg

Attempt at macro. Handheld with +3 closeup filter, on board flash and home-made macro diffuser.

mantis.jpg

Crab at Chek Jawa:

crab2.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009
SHOTS FROM 'NEW YEAR' PARTY

Took a couple of pictures when I was in Tokyo recently, using my SX10 IS.

Japan137.jpg

Mount Fuji through hotel window

For second picture, the building "slant" seems quite prominent when I used the lens at its widest angle of 28 mm.

Happy new year to you.
From which hotel was the shot taken?

picture.php

ISO 80, F8.0, 15 sec exposure, Manual Mode. :)
Canon S5 IS, unprocessed.

Happy New Year to all fellow Sxx user! May all of you have a wonderful prosperous and healthy 2009! Here's my first contribution for the new year. Photo taken in the mountains of Nantou Taiwan. Will be sharing more when I find time to sort out the rest ; p

3174202608_84f40c00c3.jpg

Hiya everyoneeeee~! :cool: How're you peeps doing? :D Any happy things so far this new year?

Anyway, I took some shots from the TP Open House! Here are some of them:

TPOpenHouse-18.jpg

TPOpenHouse-27.jpg

TPOpenHouse-30.jpg

3 more in the next post..

TPOpenHouse-36.jpg

TPOpenHouse-61.jpg

TPOpenHouse-99.jpg

The rest can be found on my livejournal (if anyone has one, add me please! :bsmilie:) There are tonnes more on my PC that aren't uploaded yet... but I only picked the ones I like. :)

hi guys, why is this thread so silent?

3176207563_2e83281eca.jpg

EMBRACE

btw, as some of you may know i might be selling my S5 and upgrading to a DSLR soon. wish me luck ok. right now im split between the Fuji S5 Pro and the 450D. Any ideas?

anyway, anyone heard creaking sounds when you zoom in and out? i've been hearing that alot now and got the lens error message often. how how?

hi guys, why is this thread so silent?

3176207563_2e83281eca.jpg

EMBRACE

btw, as some of you may know i might be selling my S5 and upgrading to a DSLR soon. wish me luck ok. right now im split between the Fuji S5 Pro and the 450D. Any ideas?

anyway, anyone heard creaking sounds when you zoom in and out? i've been hearing that alot now and got the lens error message often. how how?

Maybe you got dirt in the lens?
o.o

Any service centers around?
>.<

IResplanade.jpg

littleboykallang.jpg

Just some random photos XD.

Those are two very different cameras, with very different price points. The S5 Pro is more expensive then the 450D. You might want to get the 50D at that price instead, if you are looking at Canon.

Is your warranty over? Sounds like you might have damaged your lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.