Ricoh GXR! - Season II

ziggy said:
Congrats to both of you wongs!

Thanks ziggy! Post more shots with your a12 with m lenses and m43:)

I would like to but still can't figure out how to do so. Can you tell me the link?

Photokina-2012-pentax-ricoh-stand

Ricoh's GXR cameras with interchangeable lens modules are on display at the Ricoh section of the stand but no new product has been announced for this product line at this Photokina.

No new modules <sigh> how I wish they announced 21 or 22mm f2.8 A16 module. Was hoping to expand the family beyond my current setup of 28mm and 50mm...

Last edited:
Photokina-2012-pentax-ricoh-stand

Ricoh's GXR cameras with interchangeable lens modules are on display at the Ricoh section of the stand but no new product has been announced for this product line at this Photokina.

No new modules <sigh> how I wish they announced 21 or 22mm f2.8 A16 module. Was hoping to expand the family beyond my current setup of 28mm and 50mm...

Still have the CP+2013 coming soon in Jan/Feb 2013.:)

Still have the CP+2013 coming soon in Jan/Feb 2013.:)

Hope so, pretty disappointing for ricoh gxr users. I was hoping for even wider or at least a fast portrait prime...FF-M seems so distant now...

21mm, 28mm, 50mm would be great. ;-)

I wouldn't mind a bit if they just start with GR21 module. ;-)

Hope so, pretty disappointing for ricoh gxr users. I was hoping for even wider or at least a fast portrait prime...FF-M seems so distant now...

It's alright, bro. We've got quite a bit of gear, so we'll keep on going Morning Sunrise until they refresh the lineup for GXR users. Who knows, instead of FF-M, they come out with Medium Format Ricoh Module ... hahaha. Give me sometime to get some investment returns for the FF-M. ;-)

Ricoh target is to come up with a new lens module ever year. This year they launches the A16 24-85mm. So most likely they may launch another new module next year. I am thinking they may even launch a new GXR body too since the current one is coming to 4 years old.

21mm, 28mm, 50mm would be great. ;-)

I wouldn't mind a bit if they just start with GR21 module. ;-)

They already have the 28mm and 50mm so unlikely we will see they come up with those.

Other than Sony, I don't think it's very exciting for most other players this time. CN announced 'entry' level FF, but they are pretty much cut-down versions from their high end FF cameras, and the price difference isn't enough to justify imo.

Pentax was merged into Ricoh less than a year ago. Let's give them some time. Hopefully we'd see some joined effort results by next year :)

fengwei said:
Other than Sony, I don't think it's very exciting for most other players this time. CN announced 'entry' level FF, but they are pretty much cut-down versions from their high end FF cameras, and the price difference isn't enough to justify imo.

Pentax was merged into Ricoh less than a year ago. Let's give them some time. Hopefully we'd see some joined effort results by next year :)

Agreed! I think it's a tad too fast to expect major changes so soon!

Instead, for me, it just means more time to save up for whatever that lies ahead! :D

*stares at the K5-iiS longingly*

Here's the guide to post images. Let me know if any questions.

Many thanks wonglp. As a non-computer as well as a time-poor person, I had managed to upload an image previously at the gallery site but never got round to finding out how to upload onto the forum page.

Let me try the next few days when I have a bit more time. Thanks.

Many thanks wonglp. As a non-computer as well as a time-poor person, I had managed to upload an image previously at the gallery site but never got round to finding out how to upload onto the forum page.

Let me try the next few days when I have a bit more time. Thanks.

Just posted 2 more GXR images but will try figuring it out the next few days how to paste them here.

ziggy said:
Just posted 2 more GXR images but will try figuring it out the next few days how to paste them here.

Alternatively you can setup a free Flickr account (max at 200pic), and copy and paste BBcode directly.

Found this. It might excite M-mount module owners. Zeiss announced they are in the pipeline designing 12mm, 32mm and 50mm macro AF lenses for E-mount and X-mount. :)

http://blogs.zeiss.com/photo/en/?p=2864

Last edited:
That's a nice surprise! Congrats to LP and to Wong_se too!

how much you've been quoted to clear the sensor ? apd ?

was charged SGD150 for sensor cleaning for A12 50mm. Yes, by APD. Note that it is a module system, to clean the sensor, the lens element has to be dismantled.

after the sensor is cleaned, they have to re-assemble all the lens elemet back and align the AF. quite a tedius job, expect 2 -3 weeks.

was wondering does anyone who had update to firmware 1.51, caused some of the iso 250 and etc disappeared?