Ricoh GR Digital IV

Hi all,

I am considering the GRD IV as one of my options for a compact camera.
SLRR quoted me $779 for the black version(inclusive of a 8gb card only)

Any other shops with better deal?

Hi all,

I am considering the GRD IV as one of my options for a compact camera.
SLRR quoted me $779 for the black version(inclusive of a 8gb card only)

Any other shops with better deal?

If you can pay by cash or NETS, MSC sells at 760 also with 8 GB card

Just brought the GV-1 for $208 @ AP, isit over price? can't seem to find a suggested price anyway.

If i remember correctly I bot at ard that price from AP too. ;)

I'm currently cutting a LC-1 lenscap to fix the GRD iv.... hopefully will fix with some double-side tape. any tried doing the same too?

I'm currently cutting a LC-1 lenscap to fix the GRD iv.... hopefully will fix with some double-side tape. any tried doing the same too?

I think its not reliable... Please share if you succeeded. ;)

Will an ordinary 4:3 3.0" film fit? ;p

Finally decided to get the GRD4 with all it rav reviews!! :) But $250++ for an OVF, the GV2... think i could make do with my really old one... :)
Where can you get the GV-2 for $250 locally?

Last edited:
Ricoh will be releasing a firmware update for GRD IV on 27th Feb with the following functions:

Updated functions and descriptions:

1. Adds Function for Including Copyright Notice
Inputted copyright information is recorded to the image’s Exif data when a picture is taken. Up to 46 alphanumeric characters can be recorded, and the information can then be checked in the detailed file information on the camera’s playback screen.

2. Improves Auto Exposure Speed
The speed of auto exposure control has been improved, making selection of the proper exposure smoother.

3. Adds Function for Saving Snap Focus Distance at Time of Shutter Release to the ADJ lever and Fn button
The snap focus distance at the time of shutter release can now be saved to the ADJ. lever or the Fn button. The setting can be changed without having to go the menu screen.

4. Adds Function for Displaying Photo Information for Interval Composite Photos
For photos taken using the Interval Composite mode, this function enables a display of shooting times from start to finish, as well as the number of composite images in the detailed information displayed on the playback screen.

5. Adds Floating Black level adjustment function for Interval Composite Mode Shooting
The "Floating black level adjustment" function can be turned On or Off (default setting is on); if set to On, it can reduce noise at high sensitivities.

Last edited:
Ricoh will be releasing a firmware update for GRD IV on 27th Feb with the following functions:

1. Ability to enter copyright info in EXIF
2. Faster AE
3. Adding "Set focus distance in Snap mode" to Adj. lever and function button
4. Displaying of additional info (time taken and number of shots) in Interval Composite mode
5. "washed-out black (?)" compensation in Interval Composite mode

Awesome! What about the IS issue some folks had with the last update?

Awesome! What about the IS issue some folks had with the last update?

It doesn't address that "issue" and according to the reply from Ricoh to Pavel on RicohForum, they are not able to reproduce the problem. Pavel is requesting for people to provide evidence showing that the IS is not working as intended.

It doesn't address that "issue" and according to the reply from Ricoh to Pavel on RicohForum, they are not able to reproduce the problem. Pavel is requesting for people to provide evidence showing that the IS is not working as intended.

So did the GRDIV's IS really behave differently before they flashed it?