recommend a DSLR!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raptor1 said:
Strictly speaking, i believe you should look into a DSLR-LIKE camera like Sony H-1 then an entry level dslr. Having just recently converted from a PNS(Canon Ixus 700) to DSLR(Olympus Evolt 500), i finally understand the meaning of BBB!
Lmodel basically sum up what you need to get (yupz.. NEED, not WANT) after your inital investment.
Every single lense you get, you would have to get an UV filter to go with it (protection of lense) $10 - $70 ?
Sooner or later, you will find the limitations of the in-build flash, then there you would get an hotshoe flash ($100++ to $600++). With that, you would also consider a diffuser/bounce card etc etc. That cost another $40 - $70.
How much are you prepared to spend on your system? I am looking at about $3k to complete my setup.
Ever considered about yours?

going prosumer 1st means an extra step, which means more $$ down the drain in the long run. i've already learnt quite abit from my previous one.

i'm getting 18-70 in the kit, all i need is a 70-200/300 to complete it. i'm not considering any other lenses. UV filter is considered essential items, so bo pian. ext flash... considering the type of pics i take flash isnt a major reqt for me yet. i could tahan with in-built flash till i save up enough. i'm confident for my needs i wont go above 2k, which is my budget.

haagen_dazs said:
really?
like wise been here abt just as long and i beg to differ.
almost every piece of electronic i can get....its cheaper here than spore:D

the difference is getting bigger, cos s'pore is used less and less as an initial port of distribution i heard. anyway, any gd place to recommend online or in NY? would like to buy as much as possible on my trip there like a true-blue s'porean!

Status
Not open for further replies.