Rain

Heck, last couple of months it's HOT like hell and this month it's flooding. With this kind of crap weather I might as well warp back to Melbourne, at least there I get 4 seasons in a day.

Our earth is falling apart . Next time 4season in 1 hour . LOL !

The earth is fair, Singaporean now tasted the flood just like many other cities...

i guess must be some choked drainages that causes the flood

i guess must be some choked drainages that causes the flood
Of course there are choked drainage how else do you think the water shopping in Orchard rd? The question is why there are choked drainages when SG is world know for super efficency and the weather bureau already forewarn of impending heavy rain? To be honest this kinda of phenomenon is a once in a 50yrs occurence and the drain design was suppose to cater for it but I guess the data used in the design for Orchard Rd or Bt Timah area is itself already 50yrs old so time to re-design those drains liao

When I saw the flooded road, I suddenly remembered that the building of the Marina Barrage was to alleviate such problems.

rad70.gif

rad71.gif

Heavy thunderstorm at Central Business District (CBD) and Downtown Core.

Magenta radar returns of over 65 dBZ indicate a rainfall of approximately around 150mm per hour.
417a99e8ff2b4234e124ee4.gif

.GIF animation between 2010-06-16 T 0925/0930 +8 hours and 2010-06-16 T 1010/1015 +8 hours.

The purple area is smacked right in the center of Orchard :bigeyes:

See ? That's why I'm concern about the weather on /during 14th ~ 26th Aug.
One or two morning like this morning would put Singapore into the global limelight.

We may be protected from volcanoes, earthquake or even tsunami, but we are vulnerable to rain, as the title implies.

As Bruce Lee once said, he would like to transform into water, as water can be transform into many things, so be afraid of it.

too many dried leaves choking the drains...

Yes 9V,

as the seabed of the Mexican Gulf is cracking, what would you say next about to happen ?

as your reply are always my added knowledge, especially the flight of the space shuttle, make all my friends..:bigeyes:
some said...then why the space exploration ? we never get to know the answer.

Yes 9V, as the seabed of the Mexican Gulf is cracking, what would you say next about to happen ?
I haven't exactly been following up on the Deepwater Horizon oil spill incident in the Gulf of Mexico but it is not the first time such cases had happened, the Ixtoc I oil spill incident from 1979 to 1980 also happened under an almost identical set of circumstances

So it is basically nothing to worry about. Just thought it is a major global catastrophe stuff.

With US President Obama announcing it is equivalant to 911, plus the BP is covering up much of the news regarding their salvaging progress, it sounds a bit fishy.

Anyway, it happens so far away, really none of our concern. Thanks for reply.

Tomorrow will rain or not ?