Question on weight loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

It's quite a achievement liao to lose 2 kg in 3 weeks!

For me, I've started to go to the gym (twice a week, every session lasts 90 minutes) some 3-4 weeks ago and now I'm 2kg lighter, though I know I still off my target ... the point is we must maintain a disciplined routine and for me, my diet has not changed at all! :bsmilie:

Benign said:
Guys/gals,
I was about 72kgs when I came back to Melbourne(last Nov). Since then I eat sleep and eat ....weight shot up to abt 82kgs. :embrass:

For about 3 weeks, I cut my diets to mostly veges or low fat food(no sugar and little oil). Eating only white meat of about 150 grams each day. About the same time, I do walk for about 5km and situps of 75 to 90 everyday.

To my surprise, I only managed to shed about 2kgs....but physically the belly has shrunk and facially is slightly chubby only.

I did take Tuna oil tablets and drank fresh milk daily before.

I dun understand is why my weight is not reduced as drastically as last time(lost 3.5 to 4kgs)......already double checked myself on two bathroom scales(digital and analog).

Any more clues or advise? I am about 173cm
:rolleyes:
Hey man,
Just curious, are you consuming any carbo-related food products? IMHO, they are one of the culprits responsible for weight gain, especially if you are a non-active person.

Yeah, you cut down on your food intake but how about your snacks or beverages? Are you one of those who must have their Coke or 4 cups of coffee everyday? Do you have the tendency to buy Snicker bars as a mid-afternoon snack?

My record was losing 2kgs in 5 to 7 days - yes it's possible. Why do you think Hollywood actresses like Catherine Zeta-Jones can regain their fantastic figure after giving birth in such a short time? The Atkins diet really works, but what those actresses are doing isn't exactly healthy.

I have oatmeal with milk in the morning, green salad with tuna for lunch, and boiled chicken thighs with asparagus in the evening. If you must have your carbo, limit yourself just a tiny-itty-bit every alternate day. Just a suggestion - if you don't mind having raw greens, try raw capsicums. They worked miracles for me. Because they are related to the chilli family and I was informed chilli can reduce your weight. I like the taste but it may not work for everyone.

Try taking your tuna oil supplements every alternate day instead. Perhaps you can replace with other supplements like Ginko Biloba instead? I drink milk too but now, I drink more soya milk instead.

Yeah, what I'm having sounds like rabbit food but that's the price you gotta pay, especially you wanna look good and you are not an active person. Think of it as a detox procedure. :p

Btw, don't skip your meals, especially breakfast because you will have the tendency to gorge the following meal.

Cheers,
-Mich- :)

Hey man,
Just curious, are you consuming any carbo-related food products? IMHO, they are one of the culprits responsible for weight gain, especially if you are a non-active person.

Yeah, you cut down on your food intake but how about your snacks or beverages? Are you one of those who must have their Coke or 4 cups of coffee everyday? Do you have the tendency to buy Snicker bars as a mid-afternoon snack?

My record was losing 2kgs in 5 to 7 days - yes it's possible. Why do you think Hollywood actresses like Catherine Zeta-Jones can regain their fantastic figure after giving birth in such a short time? The Atkins diet really works, but what those actresses are doing isn't exactly healthy.

I have oatmeal with milk in the morning, green salad with tuna for lunch, and boiled chicken thighs with asparagus in the evening. If you must have your carbo, limit yourself just a tiny-itty-bit every alternate day. Just a suggestion - if you don't mind having raw greens, try raw capsicums. They worked miracles for me. Because they are related to the chilli family and I was informed chilli can reduce your weight. I like the taste but it may not work for everyone.

Try taking your tuna oil supplements every alternate day instead. Perhaps you can replace with other supplements like Ginko Biloba instead? I drink milk too but now, I drink more soya milk instead.

Yeah, what I'm having sounds like rabbit food but that's the price you gotta pay, especially you wanna look good and you are not an active person. Think of it as a detox procedure.

Btw, don't skip your meals, especially breakfast because you will have the tendency to gorge the following meal.

Cheers,
-Mich-

Thanks Mich,

I think there are several culprits in my 'lethargic' weight loss lor.

Weather is cold, sweat less than normal. Metabolic rate slower, therefore fat burning also affected.
Quit smoking (since last Nov)?
Ageing? :mad2:

My most effective weight loss was about 2.5kgs in 3 days. But the diets was not encouraging at all. Although different foods including lean ham slices, tuna and baked beans...the portions was not able to fill the craving. Even though I was drinking alot of plain water.

But combined the diets and harsh exercises(12km walk a day+ 150situps++), yes the result was impressive.

Guess I just have to slowly build up the rigid process once more. Currently, I am walking 3.6km lap around the park. 5 mins break then resumed walking another lap.

As for situps, I managed about btw 35 to 40 each time.....once in the morning and in the evening.

The last record for me was losing abt 12kgs in 3.5 months.

Like Adam Goi said....Discipline, discipline....and discipline. :faint:

hi

So i am not alone..... :) in trying to lose weight ha ha

i changed my diet, stopped drinking carbonated drinks and snacks, take meal replacement once a day (Herbalife, cos it tastes nice unlike the others I've tried) ...since then I have lost 9 kilos over a period of 8 months... it is slow cos I had an ankle injury that prevents me from walking/running over long distances. My target is to lose a kilo a month. Slowly but surely...

My previous diet plans failed cos I wanted to lose too much in the shortest time. In the end it just became a roller coaster diet..... I guess the body needs time to adjusts itself..

Keep it up!

try eating in small portion 5 times a day.keep high protein diet.exercise harder since u want faster result u might want to take hydroxycut. i did and it work.:sweatsm:

dude to lose 2.5 kgs in 3 days.. either your metabolic rate is super high... or i suspect u lost water weight
i weighed 85kgs when i just ord and i started work.... i remained the same weight for 4 months only untill last month did i motivate myself to lose weight because all the stylists were calling me fatty...

i started running 5-10k every other day and tested my 2.4 timing every weekend just for fun and ride about 20 km on my bike every other day alternating weeks with my running.
i changed my diet to a high carb,lower fat type(as i excercise alot)... and most importantly i changed my drink of choice to coke or pepsi LITE!
imagine i drink about 3-4 cans of coke a day and one can is about 300 plus calories... so thats alot of calories cut off... its the little things that adds up

so after about a month or so my weight dropped to 75kg thats a 10 kg drop and have remained in that margin.

a thing on diet... there's lots of types of diet out there, atkins diet, mediterrainian diet, south beach diet. all of them work...and dont work... it all depends on your body mechanism and your lifestyle.

a high protein diet wouldnt be very benificial to an endurance athelete, i dont know if it beneficial to the regular office atheletes though hee hee
but if u wanna ,try whole grain bread rice and noodles because it releases energy into the body slowly and steadily so the stuff wont be stored as fats..
and yes small frequent meals works!
i feel carbo have been taking a lot of bad press lately...
i for one cannot work if i dont have carbo. i can think straight and i get mood swings... crank one hot dog into my system i'll be chirpy in 10 mintutes!
carbo is essential for quick energy and i need that due to my lifestyle..but of course if u are less active forgo the carbo naturally.. there are links to cancer from a high protein low carb diet (atkins)
also any excercise is good,if you can walk longer than u run.. than walking is better for you
but in any case what you should look for is a steady and maintained effort... walk briskly but not too hard.. and maintain for an hour then will you reap the benefits... get a heart rate monitor, its essential if u wanna get the most out of your exercises

end of the day you gotta change you lifestyle and make it fun...

1) .. burn more than you eat
output more than input = cfm lose weight

2) remove all carbon (carbs) from your diet. this carbs refer to simple carbs.
simple carbs are white carbs. white carbs = sugar
skip : white rice , white bread and all noodles

take complex carbs like brown rice , Whole meal bread. survey/research show pple who only consume brown stuff lost weight in the long run. But in moderate since ur losing weight

no carbs after 8pm. cos metabolisium starts to slow down
and of course no supper

3) remove all fruits. fruits contains frustose = sugar
only recommanded fruits = apple (max 2 per day)

4)eat a breakfast - as it boast up your metalisium 1.5-2 times when u did not eat one.

5)eat small frequent meal - to boast metabolism
also your body will be able to digest and burn off the little amount of food. excess food will be store as fat.

or simple u can adapt 20mins eating rule per meal - need no further xplain.

6)drink lots of water ..

7)eat only fish and chicken breast w/o skin .. forget about pork

8)take fish oil , flax seed oil or sunflower seed oil ..
these are know as Essential fatty acids .. the good oil which is also recommand for losing weight.

9)sleep early ,.. wake up early ..

10)exercise at least 3 times a week ..
running is best recommanded for losing weight .. min of 45 mins cos only after u run for 20mins your body starts to burn calories .. do gradually to avoid any accidents..

good luck

btw the recommanded lost weight (kg) / week ratio is
1-2kg PER WEEK ( pls correct me if I am wrong)

losing too much weight at a time will cos u lines at your waist and body.
very unsightly one ..

fat lines .. i suppose can remember the correct term for it

May you can try to take a picture everyday to motivate you to get back into shape?

BTW, BMI and weight don't help in measuring body fat.

Check this website....http://johnstonefitness.com/ where the guy used to post his pictures day by day...

Wow.. i am very excited about this thread. I gain so much knowledge. All these yrs, i have been trying to lose 3 kg.
I ate Two pcs bread with either sugarfree jam or peanut butter with a glass of Skim milk or Soya milk or Oat drink. Lunch is usually brown rice porriage or non fried food. Then nigh time no rice just vegi and those meat inside the soup. But still cannot lose the kilos ;(.
I know my problem. I have sweet tooth. Basically love to eat sweet, chocolate and biscuits in between the meals.

;( guess i cannot lose the 3kg in my life -.,-

Buy a D2X, 17-35, 28-70, 70-200VR 300VR 400VR 500VR 600VR.

Confirm lose weight.

I want to do that.. but not enough $$ :(

Karyinn said:
I want to do that.. but not enough $$ :(
That's why after you buy, laggi lose more weight :bsmilie:

Buy a D2X, 17-35, 28-70, 70-200VR 300VR 400VR 500VR 600VR.

Confirm lose weight.

If do that, my wallet lost weight.....worst than I gain weight :faint:

1 to 2pm is my running time. Coz it is the warmest time of the day. 10 degree celcius today :confused:

Yesterday did 7.2km and 76 situps :what: Ate boiled brussel sprouts, carrots, french beans, half potato, broccoli for dinner niah :angry:

Later must go buy toto, Aud15 millions jackpot ....if successful, go liposuction liao. :bsmilie:

Benign said:
If do that, my wallet lost weight.....worst than I gain weight :faint:

1 to 2pm is my running time. Coz it is the warmest time of the day. 10 degree celcius today :confused:

Yesterday did 7.2km and 76 situps :what: Ate boiled brussel sprouts, carrots, french beans, half potato, broccoli for dinner niah :angry:

Later must go buy toto, Aud15 millions jackpot ....if successful, go liposuction liao. :bsmilie:
I prefer to go gym... pretty girls... hahah

well... muscle is heavier than fat .. you have turned some of the fat into muscle, which is heavier, so no wonder you don't lost weight.
But don't worry, your body will need to feed the muscle, so you will burn more calory than before you started exercise..

Status
Not open for further replies.