Private Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is not about shooting
i feel you would learn more if you just stood there and watch
and pay attn to the more experienced photogs

better still join a workshop instead

Yes, I've been watching them on how to interact with the model and how they position them. Maybe need to overcome my shyness with people first... :bsmilie:

I agreed. But it give more opportunity for us to pose the model (or try out some personal idea) as compared to so many photographers assigned to one model.
sometime many photographers take turn to pose the models, you can see what's work and what's not.

I guess you guys must be a little KS, slow down a little will get better results

I do get once in a while where I was grouped with more experienced photographers. Before I can press the shutter button, the photographer will call the model and the focus of the model is not on me anymore.
Ortega said what I want to say.

The question is... where are the experienced photographers? They are not joining the organised shoots...
for me?
I prefer being paid to shoot,

or shoot alone, simple reason: why would I want have photos of a same model on a same set like everyone else also have?? these photos do noting to me.

The question is... where are the experienced photographers? They are not joining the organised shoots...

There were some organizer do that. The exp photog were invited. They more knowledge to pose the model or set up the lighting and so on.

My point of view to joint the group is to get to know more people from the forums. And more models mean more to learn about character of the model. I like both private and group, they have pro and con.

at the moment I like doing private since i want to learn about lighting technique.

Just wondering anyone interested in doing private shoot instead of joining the shoot in "Workshops, Studio/Model Shoots" section. I'm not trying to take away the business from them but it will give us more control over our expection.

Correct me if I'm wrong. All the shoot I've participated in does not include a MUA. I do understand that this is due to the cost. With private shoot, not only we can get a MUA, we will have more time with the model to adjust and refine the pose or surrounding. Cost might be higher than joining the shoot mentioned above. I'm thinking of a small group like 4 people.

Please let me know your view.

Thank you.

HI ,,
i understand how it feels, sometimes no privacy and bit rushing and u don't have the chance wit wat u want to do.
we can book a studio.,,i'm sure there somebody have basic knowledge,
rent a studio, we can work out wit models, no need supermodels :) we jus want to have fun with shooting and studio stuff etc.... i'm in , few times wit studio and we can try out lighting,
jus my thought

cheers

Thanks Deadpoet.

I'm very new in photography. I've attended a few organized photo shoot sessions and tried to post the photos I took for comments so as to improve myself. However, other than my composition and PP skill I've noticed that most of the time it is related to things like eyelashes, makeup, hair, etc. Since outdoor photo shoot session usually don't provide a MUA, I was wondering whether private shoot session is better since we can include a MUA and have more time to pose the model and look out of the background. However with a higher cost I guess.

Another issue is that I don't really have any midrange zoom lens. With one camera, I'll need to change my lens once in a while. And usually by doing that I'll miss some shoots (as in the pose).

Whether a professional mua did the makeup or not, it does not matter. The makeup has to fit the theme, the makeup has to enhance the model, but all too often, the makeup suck big time. The ultimate fault lies with the photographers, who are the paying customer, because they simply accept whatever is dished out for them.

Back to you question, private shoot, what you really mean is a shoot where the photographers are in control, has the final say in the theme, the look, the makeup etc etc etc. Well, these shoots happen alot. Unfortunately, you will rarely see them posted on CS. One or two of the best organiser, at least they will deliver what they promise, unlike most of the wannabes.

When I shoot, and if I am a paying customer, I am very demanding. But almost all model who worked with me will do so gladly again. Being demanding is not a bad thing, as long as what you demand, is "professioanl" and the goal is a good picture.

Btw, forget about zooms. I frequently shoot with one and only one lens, and it is a prime.

Yeah man, I missed Astin's shoots. :)

Astin, where are you now? ;)
I am still here, currently busy in "other works", need to make some money first so can buy the new Nikon xxx (censored).
What have u all been doing recently?

i do both private and paid shoots. both got its advantages and disadvantages lah.

its up to u to decide what u want from it. If i want an affordable Ang Moh model below $100 bucks, den i join paid shoots. It helps my portfolio and save me some money. On rich days, i hire a pro model and a make up artist and have the shoot all to myself.

On other days, i call frens to pose for me or try to make new contacts.

i dun think we need to have young female models all the time lah, its a preference.

my last two post in CS are all frens and i think it was fun to shoot them

Slaughter The Topless

Babe on a Bar Top

Come come.. Private shoot please PM me.. Lol..

Can advertise or not? Anyways... :)

*so bored in SG*

errrr... make new friends
use your uncle status

or shoot your friend's daughters

married liao, any attempts to make new female friends will endanger my life. :angel:

than at your status now.

you should try to be more challenging,

shooting Ex-Xmm.

Ex-Xmm too challenging and beyond my skills liao :p

I am still here, currently busy in "other works", need to make some money first so can buy the new Nikon xxx (censored).
What have u all been doing recently?

Lol, no need lah, just BBB when the new Nikon [CENSORED] is out.... soon.... real soon.... ;)

Have not been shooting much, missed all your models. :bheart: :bheart:

Lol, no need lah, just BBB when the new Nikon [CENSORED] is out.... soon.... real soon.... ;)

Have not been shooting much, missed all your models. :bheart: :bheart:
Many models have grown up already, got married, went overseas study, joined SIA, banks, insurance, etc. Who u miss? :D

Seriously speaking, regarding the model shoots, I would suggest the organizer states whether MUA is included or not included, not all shoots need MUA, and some shoot MUST need MUA (model cannot do their own), and some MUA can do hair some cannot, (just like photogs some can shoot manual some cannot)

For private shoot, its a challenge for newbie, there are many unexpected things that u never know will happen and do happen, u organize 1 time u will know. U may not need a theme at all, just practise with pose, light, mood, surrounding environment, interaction with model, capture the moment, etc.

You have to take into account many more factors in private shoots. For instance when I did my shoot last time, I had to conceptualize the theme, look for relevant clothes, props etc. If needed, find the correct stylist too. All these take up loads of time and effort, not to mention money for a successful shoot. I think it's good to join shoots to "kick start" the learning process, but once you have a clear idea of what you want to achieve, you'll have to put in more effort to do your own shoot.

Many models have grown up already, got married, went overseas study, joined SIA, banks, insurance, etc. Who u miss? :D

Seriously speaking, regarding the model shoots, I would suggest the organizer states whether MUA is included or not included, not all shoots need MUA, and some shoot MUST need MUA (model cannot do their own), and some MUA can do hair some cannot, (just like photogs some can shoot manual some cannot)

For private shoot, its a challenge for newbie, there are many unexpected things that u never know will happen and do happen, u organize 1 time u will know. U may not need a theme at all, just practise with pose, light, mood, surrounding environment, interaction with model, capture the moment, etc.

True. Even interaction with e model alone can be overwhelming if u did not experioence it b4..... can remember my first time in e studio... i was stuttering n speaking nonsense.:bsmilie:

Astin, let's do a "private" shoot together. Has been a long time since we shot togeher.

Model moved on, there are more new ones to replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.