Private Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
just indicate to some of us...give us a sign :sticktong.....and some of the "lao jiao" organisers will bring some of you back to the good old days :):

Many of us have observed ....rates have been driven up :think: .. no wonder , so many think they are cut out for 'modelling' nowadays and organisers must have more photogs in their shoots ;)

Who's shoot have you been joining ... From these 2 statements ... i think you have been going to the wrong shoots .... There should at least be a basic MUA ... not expecting anything fantastic or exceptional from these 6:1 model shoots; but basic make-up.

You should really be a little more selective and not go back to the shoots that you feel are not up to par .... Also joining these shoots are not just for taking picture of pretty models ... it is also for networking with other photographers and exchange of ideas ...

From the networking, you should be able to put togeter a private shoot ....

But still your 2 statements above really is surprising .... with the current group of organisers giving all kinds of discounts ... breakfast ... snacks ... etc ... and there is NO MUA .... Cannot understand how photographers can go through with a shoot like that ...

You'll be surprised... even after I came up on a topic on the importance of a MUA, there are actually some who thinks it's not necessary... :sweat:

And I think your past is actually much changed from the real past when the first few model shoots were done :).

Time has changed... The portraiture shoot in CS is not longer like how it is in the past...

You are right, the whole idea of many models and many photographers at one sitting does make good business sense for the organiser - because in the same time block, the profit margin increases.

It is also another trick to "bundle" lower quality models with higher quality models to cross subsidise.

Of course there are also those who prefer to shoot variety. However, for me I rather just pick one model that I really like to shoot :).

just indicate to some of us...give us a sign :sticktong.....and some of the "lao jiao" organisers will bring some of you back to the good old days :):

Many of us have observed ....rates have been driven up :think: .. no wonder , so many think they are cut out for 'modelling' nowadays and organisers must have more photogs in their shoots ;)

If you're looking for a studio environment, maybe can drop me a line too :)

We can work out something under my FOC studio scheme.

I couldn't agree with you more! I used to attend shoots regularly but I've lost the enthusiasm when I have to shoot a model with 5 other photogs. You can't get to pose the model at all and its so frustrating at the end of the day. I don't mind not having a MUA so much as competing with other photogs that I do really mind.

In terms of cost, I would personally like no more than 1 model to 2 - 4 photogs, ideally 3 only. Together with MUA, I don't mind paying say, $80 for a 2 hour session (excluding initial make-up time). In a studio enviroment , of course and total bill should not be more than $100 for the whole lot!

Shooting on week-days would be also fine with me, say from 7 - 9 pm.

Anyone????

PM me if you are so interested!

Yeah man, I missed Astin's shoots. :)

Astin, where are you now? ;)

Back then, these were whoots organised by photographers for photographers. It was a joy to join shoots back then.

Time has changed... The portraiture shoot in CS is not longer like how it is in the past...

Standard has dropped, and it is still dropping fast. Wonder how much longer can this last.

the one thing i really cant comprehend is that how can paying $95 for 3 models for 3 hours is a good deal? :think: and shooting with 18 photographers????

I would rather pay $50 for 1 model for 3 hrs ...

What I cannot understand is, they are charging more per photogrpaher and they have more photographers. The math does not add up, but the economics does.

To TS, private shoot means private, that is why you don't hear much about them. They are private :)

To TS, private shoot means private, that is why you don't hear much about them. They are private :)

Thanks Deadpoet.

I'm very new in photography. I've attended a few organized photo shoot sessions and tried to post the photos I took for comments so as to improve myself. However, other than my composition and PP skill I've noticed that most of the time it is related to things like eyelashes, makeup, hair, etc. Since outdoor photo shoot session usually don't provide a MUA, I was wondering whether private shoot session is better since we can include a MUA and have more time to pose the model and look out of the background. However with a higher cost I guess.

Another issue is that I don't really have any midrange zoom lens. With one camera, I'll need to change my lens once in a while. And usually by doing that I'll miss some shoots (as in the pose).

i just don't understand, when i was young and shoot XMMs
I just open my mouth and ask, lots of ppl want to be shot
i did not need to pay
in fact some ppl paid me to shoot for them

don't you young ppl have friends?

i just don't understand, when i was young and shoot XMMs
I just open my mouth and ask, lots of ppl want to be shot
i did not need to pay
in fact some ppl paid me to shoot for them

don't you young ppl have friends?

All my friends were xmms 20 years ago :cool:

I like private shoots :bsmilie:

Oh ya when will I get a taste of your cooking and your magic juice or something like that? :bsmilie:

xmm = xiao mei mei?

now the thing is....

you are new in photography, so are the organizer,
and you can't let the model tell you want to shoot, right??

shoots like this are going nowhere,

even you have private shoot, can get a MUA, so what??
you still have no one guild you along.

the model don't know how to pose, you don't know how to pose the model, place the model at the wrong place to shoot, let sunlight cast a highlight on her nose.....

Standard has dropped, and it is still dropping fast. Wonder how much longer can this last.
It will contiue to drop exponentially...

now the thing is....

you are new in photography, so are the organizer,
and you can't let the model tell you want to shoot, right??

shoots like this are going nowhere,

even you have private shoot, can get a MUA, so what??
you still have no one guild you along.

the model don't know how to pose, you don't know how to pose the model, place the model at the wrong place to shoot, let sunlight cast a highlight on her nose.....

I agreed. But it give more opportunity for us to pose the model (or try out some personal idea) as compared to so many photographers assigned to one model.

I do get once in a while where I was grouped with more experienced photographers. Before I can press the shutter button, the photographer will call the model and the focus of the model is not on me anymore.

I agreed. But it give more opportunity for us to pose the model (or try out some personal idea) as compared to so many photographers assigned to one model.

I do get once in a while where I was grouped with more experienced photographers. Before I can press the shutter button, the photographer will call the model and the focus of the model is not on me anymore.

it is not about shooting
i feel you would learn more if you just stood there and watch
and pay attn to the more experienced photogs

better still join a workshop instead

The question is... where are the experienced photographers? They are not joining the organised shoots...

Status
Not open for further replies.