Platinium Card privilege?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you are not really a frequent traveller as you claimed then.
:thumbsd:

Amex is accepted widely outside Singapore and many outlet in hotels offered special discount for Amex holder.

i'm referring to my country, my homeland...SINGAPORE.

if you kantang eat too much wanna argue for the sake or putting me down with thumbs down, then take your comments over to where the grass is greener.

Platinum card my foot, all levels of credit cards get the same service if issued by the same bank. The differences are just bells and whistles thrown in to make the cards look different so as to charge a higher annual fee. e.g. discounted airfare, discounts in restaurant etc that are meant to attract you to spend more.

What credit card users should be looking at is the level of customer service that is offerred by the different banks. Try a credit card from Citibank, compare the level of service offered by them to other banks and you will immediately notice the difference.

I have a normal Citibank Visa that I got a long time ago, the service that I get from it is so much better than the crap service I get from my HSBC Platinum (my foot) Visa card.

Credit card need pay annual fee meh ?

Every year i just call them up to waive. It works everytime.

classic , gold and platinum are all the same ... - a waste of money.

I've done some calculation sometime ago... I noticed that if you ignore those upfront discounts, most rebates are about 0.3% of what you actually spend.

Now I know the Everyday card have up to 3% rebates, but what about the rest?

I agree with Parchiao on the level of service provided by the banks are similar regardless of types of card you have. At least I don't see any difference. However, my experience with citybank and HSBC are different from his encounter, I received pretty satisfactory services from both banks.

actually the rebates is around 1%. So to get 1k worth of vouchers you have to spend like 100k a year lor.

Platinum card my foot, all levels of credit cards get the same service if issued by the same bank. The differences are just bells and whistles thrown in to make the cards look different so as to charge a higher annual fee. e.g. discounted airfare, discounts in restaurant etc that are meant to attract you to spend more.

one impt benefit is that some platinum card has a seperate service telephone line and much easier connect.

Credit card need pay annual fee meh ?

Every year i just call them up to waive. It works everytime.

classic , gold and platinum are all the same ... - a waste of money.

not really. The pay tax credit card actually earn money. If I pay by normal means I also pay X dollars. Pay by credit card, I get POINTS and FREE vouchers every month.

not really. The pay tax credit card actually earn money. If I pay by normal means I also pay X dollars. Pay by credit card, I get POINTS and FREE vouchers every month.

For me, i pay almost everything by cash, as i do not find the points and vouchers attractive. cc are largely for expensive items.

Cash is King. Can you buy a plate of chicken rice using card? :sticktong

Cash is King. Can you buy a plate of chicken rice using card? :sticktong

Kopitiam or maybe at a posh restaurant selling chicken rice ? :bsmilie:

Kopitiam or maybe at a posh restaurant selling chicken rice ? :bsmilie:

mandarin hotel chicken rice lor.i pay by cc everytime i eat there mah.:bsmilie:

you'll be surprised what you can exchange for.if you accumulate your points just before the due date, you can easily exchange for about 1k shopping vouchers.(that is,if you spend quite an amount on your card to accumlate these points)

How much u spend to accumuate to get 1k shopping vocher? There's once my point(uob) hit 10k plus, but can't reach 1k shopping vocher.

She is a different league lah... u spend 10k in a year, she spend 10k in a single receipt... :bsmilie:

I guess she spend more than 100k in a year :think:.
The 10k plus points need to spend more than S$50k, S$5 = 1point.

How much u spend to accumuate to get 1k shopping vocher? There's once my point(uob) hit 10k plus, but can't reach 1k shopping vocher.

last i redeemed from DBS,

i had about 35k worth of points.

IIRC, about 1500-2000pts allows u a $50 taka voucher.

it comes to about 800+ worth of vouchers.

ok, when i state 1k, i rounded off.sorry.:embrass:

I guess she spend more than 100k in a year :think:.
The 10k plus points need to spend more than S$50k, S$5 = 1point.

this thread is not about how much i spent in a year please.

but seriously, i do get alot of shopping vouchers every now and then.that's why i always use my cc.:embrass:

but please, DO NOT allow you bills to rollover.
if you wanna get a lens and thinking of using cc and pay minimum every month, u go do the maths.

but please, DO NOT allow you bills to rollover.
if you wanna get a lens and thinking of using cc and pay minimum every month, u go do the maths.

I always clear my bills each month, except for once when i was overseas and forgot to pay for 2 months. A S$50+ bill eventually become S$100. Banks are official LOAN SHARKS, the interest rate for cc is 24% pa and if forget to pay on time, they'll slap at least $35 to the total bill. :p

I always clear my bills each month, except for once when i was overseas and forgot to pay for 2 months. A S$50+ bill eventually become S$100. Banks are official LOAN SHARKS, the interest rate for cc is 24% pa and if forget to pay on time, they'll slap at least $35 to the total bill. :p

forgot to pay no probs.just give them a call.$35 late bill, give them a call.

they are more afraid of losing you then you losing them.
moreover, it's the cc wars era, you dont like a card, unsubscribe it.there's always better cards out there, though some, are strictly by invitation only.

loan sharks comment, i cant agree more.:)

i try to pay by CC as much as possible, all those can use CC i'll use CC, be it insurance, food, shopping (for myself)

but some things not worth it to use CC, eg transport, coffeeshop, convenience shop, supermarket (coz i always spend below $20 there)

in the end only can earn below 100 points a month, some months maybe only 10+ points

but i do find that UOB platinium got it's own number, very fast pick up 1. if i'm not wrong citibank platinium and normal card no diff

if you forgot pay, why shouldn't the bank be able to charge you a fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.