Photos taken by Pentax cameras for tech. discussion - Season IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice. i think the focus is ok... lynx spiders looks more dramatic when u take them from the side or the front though :)

Thanks, wanted to take a front view but it keep avoiding eye contact with me:embrass:

Thanks, wanted to take a front view but it keep avoiding eye contact with me:embrass:

lynx spiders are not very shy... they are one of the easiest subjects when u're starting out in macro. next time, give it a light blow to make it change direction. careful not to blow too hard cos it'll just jump off if it gets startled :) pretty soon, u'll start to ignore them cos they're so common ;p

"Punggol Sunset" Part II

Thks for viewing :)

#188 This complete the Sentosa series -Twilight @ Sentosa -Simplicity -

Sentosa twilight by Simon Teo (supersimon27), on Flickr

#189 -Simplicity II - Sky of Stars.... @ Raffle Marina .

Raffle Marina star sky by Simon Teo (supersimon27), on Flickr

#190 Try Bukit Chermin Boardwalk few hour ago . Twilight was great .
A lot of jogger jog pass me while I was taking the shots hence decided to include them into my frame. Took a few jogger , this pair was my fav. I call them

- The Sun chaser at Bukit Chermin Boardwalk-

Sun chaser at Bukit Chermin Boardwalk by Simon Teo (supersimon27), on Flickr​

Taken during a short Bangkok trip.

6973138122_29902fce41_z.jpg

6973148280_b65b62e2bc_z.jpg

Taken with Pentax K-5 with Sigma 10-20

Great Shots guys.... :thumbsup:..... how you guys nail the WB??? Not having luck with WB... no matter what Cam I use... obviously user fault... :sweat:..... just love the output from you guys..... :lovegrin:

Great Shots guys.... :thumbsup:..... how you guys nail the WB??? Not having luck with WB... no matter what Cam I use... obviously user fault... :sweat:..... just love the output from you guys..... :lovegrin:

Pentax got the best WB system . U can preview yr wb instantly at live view and immediately after every image capture and change it according for Yr last taken image and save it.

Some macro shots from HortPark this morning

7120499077_19177cc261_c.jpg

7120499075_a4d71059a6_c.jpg

7120496757_b3e7795edf_c.jpg

7120500281_86d4263367_c.jpg

7120499081_6f636a9039_c.jpg

Golden Surise @ Sembawang Park "Through the small hole to the Big World "

IMGP714123 by super_ryanreyan74, on Flickr

Last edited:
Recent Singapore scapes.

K5 with Tamron 10-24mm. These are either blended in Photoshop or done via HDR (using Ptgui's exposure fusion)... Maybe I'll stop using GNDs after all, the cast on the 3 stop filters can get a bit disconcerting.

6975044606_7350e1c806_o.jpg

7115719847_c42d2a7bed_o.jpg

7123489835_f62c83d9a9_o.jpg

为了生活,离乡背景,来到异乡,只为。。。。。

Last edited:
Recent Singapore scapes.

K5 with Tamron 10-24mm. These are either blended in Photoshop or done via HDR (using Ptgui's exposure fusion)... Maybe I'll stop using GNDs after all, the cast on the 3 stop filters can get a bit disconcerting.

great shots, was at changi beach once for sunrise but i think it was not low tide so i couldnt find the location. need to check and go again next time.

hmm i decided to give up my tianya gnd because of the colour cast and i'm getting better at blending (but it takes me quite some time to do it) as compared to correcting colour cast (i still cant correct correct cast properly it's like so hard to me) but i'm thinking of still getting the hitech 3 stop soft though. is the colour cast of the hitech 3stop more prominent or less as compared to the tianya?

great shots, was at changi beach once for sunrise but i think it was not low tide so i couldnt find the location. need to check and go again next time.

hmm i decided to give up my tianya gnd because of the colour cast and i'm getting better at blending (but it takes me quite some time to do it) as compared to correcting colour cast (i still cant correct correct cast properly it's like so hard to me) but i'm thinking of still getting the hitech 3 stop soft though. is the colour cast of the hitech 3stop more prominent or less as compared to the tianya?

I haven't used the Tianya in a while, but I'd say it's less. The Tianya's cast stands out, while the Hi-tech's cast just tends to blend in, though it's there if you've seen the real scene. It tends to be more apparent during sunset timings - during the day it's not that bad, but you won't need a 3 stop GND for daytime shots most of the time, especially if you're using the K5.

Changi Beach CP6 is easy, I usually have to cab (thankfully I stay in the East), and most taxi drivers are familiar with where the SAF Ferry Terminal is. Just tell them it's the carpark on the left AFTER the terminal, away from Changi Village. If they hit Changi Coast Road then it's right before. The other way can be confusing though, since it's a long road and even the iPhone GPS (if you have Gothere) may not keep up. So best to head towards Changi Village and go from there. From the carpark, face the sea and walk right, and cut out to the beach once you can. You can't miss it if it's the right tide. ;) Hope this helps.

为了生活,离乡背景,来到异乡,只为。。。。。

under the hot sun
bishan park

adrink.JPG

This 2 look like a series . Foreign worker from PRC and India . haha

I haven't used the Tianya in a while, but I'd say it's less. The Tianya's cast stands out, while the Hi-tech's cast just tends to blend in, though it's there if you've seen the real scene. It tends to be more apparent during sunset timings - during the day it's not that bad, but you won't need a 3 stop GND for daytime shots most of the time, especially if you're using the K5.

Changi Beach CP6 is easy, I usually have to cab (thankfully I stay in the East), and most taxi drivers are familiar with where the SAF Ferry Terminal is. Just tell them it's the carpark on the left AFTER the terminal, away from Changi Village. If they hit Changi Coast Road then it's right before. The other way can be confusing though, since it's a long road and even the iPhone GPS (if you have Gothere) may not keep up. So best to head towards Changi Village and go from there. From the carpark, face the sea and walk right, and cut out to the beach once you can. You can't miss it if it's the right tide. ;) Hope this helps.

thanks for the info. i stay in the north so going to changi beach in the morning is a massive task for me lol. anyway looking at my old photos (taken in early january) i guess i was at the right spot just that it was not low tide. uploaded the photo over here for verification.

K-r + sigma 10-20 (single exposure, no filters) i remember i shot this after not sleeping the whole night at the chalet so i was wet and tired when i reached, pardon the bad composition, realised i could have done much better in hindsight like placing the sun more on the left. was thankful that i manage to find a foreground interest though.

6978574586_a9c28966ba_c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.