Panasonic GX80/GX85/GX7 MkII

3Q = 3rd quarter? = July?

yup 3rd quarter (july onwards), kind of late considering people in US already bought and started using the camera. hopefully, the info is wrong and will launch in june instead. panasonic singapore - you listening?

yup 3rd quarter (july onwards), kind of late considering people in US already bought and started using the camera. hopefully, the info is wrong and will launch in june instead. panasonic singapore - you listening?

Ya. I asked as it's available in the US already!

I'm also waiting...

You could easily get a grey market set :)...

I guess it sucks that SG gets late launches for lower volume products like these (or cameras that hobbyists and enthusiasts actually want to buy), whereas the selfie screen, "beautifying soft skin mode" and tween-friendly GF8 was available all over SG shortly after it was announced.

Where to get grey?

Where to get grey?

Ebay. There are some Korean sellers who are selling w/o the kit lens at US$765 with shipping. It's the NTSC set so you can get 1080p60 slowmo

I saw one from a US seller at US$820 for kit lens and body the other day but it seems to be OOS.

Ebay. There are some Korean sellers who are selling w/o the kit lens at US$765 with shipping. It's the NTSC set so you can get 1080p60 slowmo I saw one from a US seller at US$820 for kit lens and body the other day but it seems to be OOS.
thanks, but quite overpriced considering RRP US$799 for body and 12-32 lens

Just got an update on pricing and availability options from Panasonic Singapore. GX85+12-32, available in black, brown and silver , 1249SGD rrp. Available early July. Clubsnap GX85 review is here http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1606449

Not aligned to us. In US it's USD 799. That works out to be SGD 1118 (@1.4 ex rate). Sounds like Panny putting "premium" on the GX85

Not aligned to us. In US it's USD 799. That works out to be SGD 1118 (@1.4 ex rate). Sounds like Panny putting "premium" on the GX85

rrp mah. I would think street price to be lower. plus gst, shipping it's not much different, plus no warranty.

rrp mah. I would think street price to be lower. plus gst, shipping it's not much different, plus no warranty.

@wonglp any insights?

The remote you posted a link to, the item description states "The remote is compatible with Sony RM-VPR1 multi-terminal socket". So even without looking up anything about the camera, it's quite safe to say "No cannot". It's not a universal standard (like the flash hotshoe), sounds like it is a port proprietary to Sony, so obviously Pana cameras won't have/support it :)

Gadgets are generally cheaper in the US than Singapore. The $100 difference is quite similar to other products. Anyway, it is only RRP, so street price should be lower, 1.2k maybe? Also, with the promotion freebies like battery, etc., it would work out to be about the same plus you get warranty. Only issue is the timing, god knows why they ony plan to launch in July. June holiday is the time when many would travel and some of them could have bought a new camera for the trip.

with 7% gst, it's closer to $1200

Is there a hands on session for the GX85?

Does GX85 support the 240hz AF refresh like in the GH series with 12-35 and 35-100 2.8

interesting camera, looks enticing, waiting to try my hands on this =)

The remote you posted a link to, the item description states "The remote is compatible with Sony RM-VPR1 multi-terminal socket". So even without looking up anything about the camera, it's quite safe to say "No cannot". It's not a universal standard (like the flash hotshoe), sounds like it is a port proprietary to Sony, so obviously Pana cameras won't have/support it :)

If I am not wrong that is an USB connector on Sony.

Well, seems like there's no way to attach hard cable remote on this camera. Will have to reconsider getting this camera already.