Panasonic GX80/GX85/GX7 MkII

Just noticed one simple feature that I quite like from using Sony A7s - USB charging, no need to lug extra charger when travelling.

On the move maybe useful, but still need to charge the power bank hor, and my handphone also fast out of batt. hahaha. I still traditional kiasu type, bring lotsa batteries just to be safe :bsmilie:

This is also quite interesting, though I suspect it's jpeg only. Similar to Olympus live composite?

"Finally, the new Light Composition mode again uses the camera's 30 frames per second 8MP image capability, this time to create a composite image. The mode uses only the brightest value from a series of frames you select, so scenes such as fireworks displays can be created from multiple images." - dpreview

This is also quite interesting, though I suspect it's jpeg only. Similar to Olympus live composite?

"Finally, the new Light Composition mode again uses the camera's 30 frames per second 8MP image capability, this time to create a composite image. The mode uses only the brightest value from a series of frames you select, so scenes such as fireworks displays can be created from multiple images." - dpreview

WoW - this is becoming very very interesting ............

Assume only JPG @ 8MP max only, right ??

Yup, extra battery even smaller than powerbank

On the move maybe useful, but still need to charge the power bank hor, and my handphone also fast out of batt. hahaha. I still traditional kiasu type, bring lotsa batteries just to be safe :bsmilie:

Nah, don't really use PB to charge. But cos I tend to use a usb charger with 6 ports, so if only need to bring this one thing to charge multiple devices, that would be ideal. Yeah, I like having spare batts too. :)

Nah, don't really use PB to charge. But cos I tend to use a usb charger with 6 ports, so if only need to bring this one thing to charge multiple devices, that would be ideal. Yeah, I like having spare batts too. :)

USB charging though seen as a gimmick by some is important to me as it can be a life saver as I bring a power bank with me out on the go anyway

WoW - this is becoming very very interesting ............

Assume only JPG @ 8MP max only, right ??

I assume 8MP is pulled out from their 4K feature, hence jpeg.

$panasonic_dmw-fl200l_artikel.jpg

In parallel, Panasonic introduces the new flash DMW-FL200L , guide number 20.

Following the pattern of GX80 own design, it integrates seamlessly with a compact automatic / manual body very versatile. This flash is capable of producing a bounce lighting up to 90 ° vertically, to generate diffused light. In addition, it is equipped with LED light to use a hybrid photo / video.

It also has wireless capability shot allowing the possibility to get a more powerful lighting adding up to three groups of flash.

At the moment the price and availability of this new flash unit is unknown.

Last edited:

Question : Can you power the camera from an external USB Power pack (like those for mobile phones), say if your battery dies?

Question : Can you power the camera from an external USB Power pack (like those for mobile phones), say if your battery dies?

With the A7S, cannot. The usb port is only for charging.

Still gotta use the DC coupler for powering the camera, so the workaround that I've seen is to find a usb power pack that also supports DC output at 9/12V@2A. The average USB power packs we carry usually do 5V, too low for camera I think.

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGZMfAHQBEo

Last edited:

The XiaoMi one I'm using is capable of charging the X100T or X70

The XiaoMi one I'm using is capable of charging the X100T or X70

Btw, I think Agrivar knows can charge, so he was asking specifically about powering the camera with powerbank when the battery is depleted ;p

anyone knows.. when it will be available in sg and the price?

anyone knows.. when it will be available in sg and the price?

not sure locally, other countries are getting it at late May at 799 USD with kit lens

My guess is with 12-32 kit - SGD1099
Street price should be in the range of SGD1020 with extra SD card, Batt and Bag

Body only - SGD899
Street price about SGD770

My guess is with 12-32 kit - SGD1099
Street price should be in the range of SGD1020 with extra SD card, Batt and Bag

Body only - SGD899
Street price about SGD770

But does SG normally get body only packages?