Other(s)

powerful shots + photog who's willing to take the time and effort to share = A* thread.

hi Dearchivism

tks again for your detailed reply and kind sharing.

so the blue color is the result of manipulating the WB?

To Sfoto100 :

here is some detail for this photo (during capturing and post production / editing)
#21 Silhoutte of The Flute Player (Tunnel of Pedestrian, Esplanade Park, Singapore, 2009)

3186905907_8770493332_m.jpg

The exif data / meta data :
Exposure: 0.05 sec (1/20)
Aperture: f/11
Focal Length: 100 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: 0/10 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire
Exposure Program: Manual
White Balance: Manual
Metering Mode: Pattern
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows

The setting for this photo, I used Manual mode + ISO 400 + F/11 to make the background brighter but the object still dark with sharp edge of the silhouette (so the it will be more dramatic between dark shilhoutte as an object and the bright background). Manual mode + pattern matering mode made me easier to make the object (flute player) become dark as a silhouette because the camera will automatically calculate the average of the light (for all part in the frame) ,so I just have to get a much brighter area into my frame to make the final average where the object become darker. If the the bright area (the part where the light comes from) and the object have so much gap / different of the brightness it is easuer to make the silhouette. After that, I just playing with white balance, using color temperature (Kelvin) to make it blue (I just forgot the exact level of the Kelvin color temperature)

In Photoshop CS2 (for editing), i did this simple kind of editing :
Image >adjustment> auto level
Image >adjustment> auto contrast
Image >adjustment> match color (turn on the neutralize and drag the fade to get the color tuning which is changing smoother rather than using color balance)
Image > adjustment> curve (make the curve with “S” shape to make the silhouette become darker and the bright area become brighter and also make the photo become more 3 dimensional feeling because the affect of the brightness editing make it had more differences between dark part and bright part)

To sfoto100 :
thanks for your C&C. For changing the color to the certain color that i want, if it is possible i prefer doing that in camera setting with WB (white ballance) level because the color is nicer and i still can get the "white" color of the object(s) in the frame. If i compare to editing color in PP (say like using Photosop CS2 with color balance tool), to get the almost same color, sometimes i lost the "white" color of the object(s) in the frame because the white color change to other color. to minimize losing the "white"color of the object(s) in the frame while i also want to enhance some kind of the color for the photos, it is better to change the WB setting of the camera rather than using Photosop. Pardon me if what i said si not so ideal, cheer ;p

very inspiring work... thks for sharing

Great work here! :) You have a keen eye in photography. Keep it up dude! :thumbsup: ;)

:thumbsup:I think you have made common things uncommon in your work...everyone sets me thinking where is this place esp when you have listed down the location where you have taken the pic. I love #2 but wud prefer nt to see the photographer in the reflection and makes ppl tink where the photographer made the shot...but again, maybe it was too far/small for you to see and adjust urself...

:thumbsup::thumbsup: I love the colours too...

:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing your PP. Your colours are great!:thumbsup:

To ovaltinemilo:
Thanks alot for your C&C, it really encourages me alot. Right now i am still doing some product shootings and some other shooting.......keep in touch to all of you. Thanks alot for viewing / visiting, have a nce + happy shooting time for all of u...;p

to jo3f3 :
Thanks alot for your C&C, it really means alot to me. Right now i still busy to finish some product shooting, preweeding shooting and fashion shooting. i really want to have more relax time to shoot just like before.....i miss that time when i was so free to go and shoot at all my time........ ;p

Fantastic as usual. Tell me what lens you are using :)

Thanks for sharing the photos. Very inspiring. How you're able to see everyday objects in such a unique way is very intriguing.

Please do share more with us :)

Thanks for the inspiring photos.. Love the way u capture the lightings..

To sonngx :
Thanks a lot for your C&C ;p The lens that I use are :
Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM
Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM
Sony G Lens - SAL70200G F2.8 SSM
Sony 50mm F1.4
Sony Macro 50mm F2.8
Sony 500mm F8 Reflex

To turtle-san :
Thank you for your appreciation, it really encourages me ;p

To knvb24 :
You are welcome, and thanks a lot for your C&C ;p