Other(s)

# 133 You and Me 01 (Lorong Halus, Singapore, 2011)

5694715861_a79eb32354_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27143060@N08/5694715861/

wow....before I know it, I'm on the last page of the thread... Solid works bro. It's really enjoyable viewing all the photos you have posted here. And it also shows me that there are alot more things to learn... Of which Light reading/metering is definitely on the top of my list and you have did it very well.....

Mind sharing some tips for those shots with bright light source behind the subject and yet keeping the details of the subject?

e.g.
# 96 Portrait of The Boat in the afternoon 01 (Changi Beach, Singapore, 2010)

4578847996_2344cc5994_b.jpg

All sizes | Portrait of The Boat in One Afternoon 01 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It seems that I've always messed up either the subject or the background....

to SkyStrike :
Thank you for dropping by and i am glad that you like the photo(s). So sorry being late to reply your message.
To get the photos with backlight (the main light source is at the back of the object), usually i set the camera with DRO (Dynamic Range Optimizer) +1, and also use ND Graduate ( ND Half Color) to block the excesive light from the main light. After that i do the masking editing using Photoshop CS 2 to brighten again the object . It is quite challenging and also interesting to capture object with backlight, especially for outdoor shooting with sun. Right now shooting with back light (at the same time also capture the sun into the frame) is one of my favorite shot, because it will make the photo(s) become a complete combination (Hightlight + Midtone + shadow) with Sun as a Highlight part, the object as the midtone, and shadow (the object shadow and the background shadow). You also can try and explore it, have a nice shooting time ^_^