OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 6D - User Thread - Part 3

From 7d ii, it certainly looks like the new 6d will be expensive.

The reason they are discontinuing this is probably cos they messed up with the specs. It's a damn fine camera. And much cheaper than the 5d3. Haha. Looking forward to the next version, if any.

Omg Is the price going to drop rlly fast? I just bought it like quite recently

Unless u wanna sell rather than use it.... Then sell now before the price drop..... If u wanna use it.... Then no need to bother how much it drop..... Just go out shoot and enjoy......

Some bro pay 5 to 6k for a 5d last time........

Welcome to camerabody-graphy :)

Don't think too much, it's not that your 6D is unusable once 6D mk2 is out. Just shoot a lot and have fun.

7d took few years of rumours to finally announce officially. After that still few months to release on street. This sudden announcement of a new 6d seems different from the usual style by canon. Unless amazon uk update wrongly? But so many days passed they did not take down the discontinued message.

Hmm ...

Last edited:
tzcV1E1.jpg

I drew this using 6d vf and Fibonacci .. is this the correct proportion ?

if its correct 6d focus point is not in the point of the Fibonacci spiral

Last edited:
7d took few years of rumours to finally announce officially. After that still few months to release on street. This sudden announcement of a new 6d seems different from the usual style by canon. Unless amazon uk update wrongly? But so many days passed they did not take down the discontinued message.

Hmm ...

Just wanted to add that Canon has already clarified that the 6D has not been discontinued. It's more of Amazon UK somewhat deciding not to continue selling the 6D anymore.

tzcV1E1.jpg

I drew this using 6d vf and Fibonacci .. is this the correct proportion ?

if its correct 6d focus point is not in the point of the Fibonacci spiral

Don't think too much about those. There's no hard rule about it.

Instead, read more about the "rule of third" (which some people say is similar) here: http://digital-photography-school.com/rule-of-thirds/

Just wanted to add that Canon has already clarified that the 6D has not been discontinued. It's more of Amazon UK somewhat deciding not to continue selling the 6D anymore.

Good to know that. This is in line with what the local and also Hong Kong shop owners told me. They also did not receive any news from canon about discontinuing 6D.

Good to know that. This is in line with what the local and also Hong Kong shop owners told me. They also did not receive any news from canon about discontinuing 6D.

only a 2 yr old camera wont so fast discontinue

just upgraded my more than four years old Canon kiss-4 (550D) to Canon FF 6D, real like it. Brought 6D with 24-105 lenses in Japan, dirty cheap only 2250 S$ with 24-105 lenses. Autumn Japan is real nice, everywhere is red leave forest or gardens.

just upgraded my more than four years old Canon kiss-4 (550D) to Canon FF 6D, real like it. Brought 6D with 24-105 lenses in Japan, dirty cheap only 2250 S$ with 24-105 lenses. Autumn Japan is real nice, everywhere is red leave forest or gardens.

Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy FF. You'll love the 6. I know I did and still am having upgraded from 7D.

you mind if I ask where did you buy it in Japan?

you mind if I ask where did you buy it in Japan?

In OSAKA, near Namba, it has website tokiwa-camera.co.jp. if you go the shop, they may give you slight lower price than their website. If now change Singapore dollar to Yen in Singapore, may get this kits sets less than 2200S$.
Of course, it has only japanese warrant, hope no problem and take care of such camera in the first year.

BTW. I just found that following webste gives very poor marks for 7d Mark II in caomparison to 6D. Before, I quite like this web and seem its comparisons are quite accuracy. Do not know it is true?

so poor ISO for 7d mark ii
6d 7d mark 2
Significantly lower noise at high ISO 2,340 ISO vs 1,082 ISO

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-EOS-6D-vs-Canon-EOS-7D-Mark-II

Last edited:
BTW. I just found that following webste gives very poor marks for 7d Mark II in caomparison to 6D. Before, I quite like this web and seem its comparisons are quite accuracy. Do not know it is true?

6d 7d mark 2

The weightage points the website use is relative and cannot be use for absolute comparison. It is useful up to a certain extent. It is quite difficult to 'score' the two camera bodies which is built for different types of photography. I think the website places a higher weightage for image quality. The website is good in listing the advantages and disadvantages and one can then see if the features disadvantages are something they do not need or can live with.

The 6D scores better because of the advantage of the FF sensor. The 6D sensor has larger individual pixels and this goes a long way to giving high and this provides a better IQ and better (lower) noise at higher ISO. Having said that, the 7DII has one of the best ISO performance for APS-C sensor body. You cannot, howe compare this against the FF sensor. Where the 7DII beats the 6D is the focusing points, focusing speed and faster frames per seconds, vital for sport and action photographer.

This is a quote for the-digital-picture.com website:

"I would have been shocked if the 7D II's noise levels would have been lower than those from the full frame 1D X, 6D and 5D III models. As expected, they are not; however, it is hard to discern the difference at ISO 100 and even ISO 200 results are rather close. The differences increase as ISO settings increase. With their larger sensor advantage, full frame DSLRs have noticeably better image quality including detail resolution, especially in low light/high ISO situations. Cost is, for most, the biggest downside to the full frame models (aside from the 6D)."

To put things in the correct perspective, the reviewer above is all praise for the 7DII specs and performance for a APS-C body.

In OSAKA, near Namba, it has website tokiwa-camera.co.jp. if you go the shop, they may give you slight lower price than their website. If now change Singapore dollar to Yen in Singapore, may get this kits sets less than 2200S$.
Of course, it has only japanese warrant, hope no problem and take care of such camera in the first year.

6d 7d mark 2

I have both cameras and tested the ISO performance.
6D is at least 1 stop better in noise performance.
However both are different camera design for different purposes.
a lot of people compare both cameras because they are priced very close.

I don't think it's fair for folks to compare 6D vs 7D2 ISO performance directly.

A better way to evaluate performance of each camera is to use DPReview comparison tool to check image quality against other competing cameras in the same class. In the case of 7D2, it should be D7100, A6000, OMD EM1 etc etc.

After that, one needs to weigh other aspects of each camera against what the camera is designed for.