OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 6D - User Thread - Part 3

esoeij

Apr 12, 2009
Continuation of thread from Part 2.

Last edited:
as in, i bought the 6D with 24-105 kit,
but i dunno if i should do a AF microadjust on this pair-up.
i read up briefly, need to print stuffs need to mount on tripod etc. very mafan.

so just asking if there any problem with the kit setup that needs tuning? like commonly reported?

i read up briefly, need to print stuffs need to mount on tripod etc. very mafan.

so just asking if there any problem with the kit setup that needs tuning? like commonly reported?

If it does appear sufficiently sharp at both tele and wide range then no need AFMA. No lens is perfect in all aspects; some compromises will have to be there. I like how Roger Cicala's article that says,

I also know that one copy of a lens may resolve slightly differently on one camera than another. My only point in all this is instead of worrying about “sharpest possible” just make certain its “sharp enough”. And you do that by examining your prints, not 100% magnification on your monitor. No one ever won a photo contest or award for owning the sharpest possible lens.
The copy is sharp if it resolves the detail you want to see in the prints you make. After you’ve tested the lens and know that its not defective and what its characteristics are, go take some pictures. That will tell you if the lens is sharp enough for you.

Subscribing this thread.

like other said, don't need to do AF micro-adjust if there is nothing wrong. only do it if you find the focus point to be consistently front or back focusing.

the lens is a F4 lens, so the amount of DOF is deeper, there should be less problems with front/back focusing compared to those 1.2, 1.4, 2.8 lenses.

so pissed. i went to a shop to buy a few accessories for my 6D.

the battery grip was sold to me at singapore price, but when i went home i found the manual to be from hungary. no warranty card inside too.
highly suspect it to be parallel stock. can anyone confirm that local stock suppose to have canon singapore warranty card?

bought 3rd party battery. i asked the person if it's compatible with 6D, the person say yes. i put into my camera it did show an error abt it being incompatible, but it was able to switch on nevertheless, so i just bought it. went home, the stupid battery (SDV-LP-E6) cannot charge on my original 6D battery charger.

so pissed! going back to bang table soon.

the battery grip was sold to me at singapore price, but when i went home i found the manual to be from hungary. no warranty card inside too.
highly suspect it to be parallel stock. can anyone confirm that local stock suppose to have canon singapore warranty card?

bought 3rd party battery. i asked the person if it's compatible with 6D, the person say yes. i put into my camera it did show an error abt it being incompatible, but it was able to switch on nevertheless, so i just bought it. went home, the stupid battery (SDV-LP-E6) cannot charge on my original 6D battery charger.

Original Battery grip has no warranty...

Mind pm the shop? May want to buy camera soon..

cannot be leh. 'canon hungary' got provide warranty information inside leh

Canon Singapore provides no warranty for their battery grips. If it happened that the battery grip is from Hungary it would make no difference. As long as it works it should be fine. You can call CSC to confirm.

No Warranty for Battery Grips

However, Canon use to provide a 3 month warranty on accessories. I'm not sure if they still do.

The 3rd party battery is another matter. If it cannot be charged in your Canon charger I would bring both the charger and the battery back to the shop and see if they can do an exchange for another 3rd party brand that you can confirm will charge with your charger.

Last edited:
for the first time, I felt that the 6D body may be abit too small. never felt that before when I was using the 70-200 F2.8, but when I mounted the 85mm F1.2, the 6D felt a little small indeed.

the lens was so much bigger that it was the lens resting on the table, not the body. I had to put on a tripod quick release plate on the 6D to even out the height

p2221577.jpg

serverxeon said:

Battery grip wise it makes no difference cos there is NO warranty on battery grip.

I'm just a little dulan he may be selling me parallel stock at local price

serverxeon said:
I'm just a little dulan he may be selling me parallel stock at local price

I would be more concerned with your 3rd party battery. Technically you have no case with the battery grip IF it is an original canon product.

As for the battery when you popped it in and there was a problem why did you go ahead to buy it anyway?

Last edited:
just an update,

I went back to check by ' pretending to buy' from another retailer. they too have the Hungary warranty information booklet inside. seems like it's all the same. my apologies for accusing the previous company.

as for the battery, it could switch on in the camera, but unable to charge properly on the charger, which I didn't try. the shop ask me to go back in one month. they promise me the supplier will give them 6d working battery.

Hi Bro,

I can confirm what you said, i just wack my Canon 6D yestersday @ ALAN (SIM LIM), the uncle pass me CHIONG Version battery, got error show up, but he was honest, he told me before hand, say, you gotta wait till next week, new shippment....so i didnt buy

This morning , i went to Funan (TK Photo), i wack the CHIONG / OEM version, NO PROBLEM, the uncle told me earlier shippment got problem. they just got new ones, updated "software", i tried....no problem...

Hi Friends,

So happy ! Finally got my FIRST FULL FRAME CAMERA & NEW LENS (Tamron 24-70 f2.8 VC) ! SO EXCITIED !
Also wacked Photoshop Elements 11 for RAW processing...

need to ask: what software do you use to process the Video for Canon 6D. (i know i should have bought the Premiere Elements version instead, but i cannot justify the extra cost as i only use it once in a blue moon), ie

any free Video Editing Software that you will recommend that is suitable for Canon 6D? - I just need very simple editing tools...maybe just post on FaceBook & Other social media website?

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

So happy ! Finally got my FIRST FULL FRAME CAMERA & NEW LENS (Tamron 24-70 f2.8 VC) ! SO EXCITIED !
Also wacked Photoshop Elements 11 for RAW processing...

need to ask: what software do you use to process the Video for Canon 6D. (i know i should have bought the Premiere Elements version instead, but i cannot justify the extra cost as i only use it once in a blue moon), ie

any free Video Editing Software that you will recommend that is suitable for Canon 6D? - I just need very simple editing tools...maybe just post on FaceBook & Other social media website?

Have you considered Windows Movie Maker which comes free with Windows 7? I have never personally used it so I cannot recommend it any further.

hey serverxeon,

original battery grips from canon do not have warranties. I found this out when purchasing a grip for my previous canon body - and the same when I purchased the grip for my 6D. no worries man! happy shooting! :)