OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 6D - User Thread - Part 3

but the camera shouldnt overwrite my min setting ? even if the pic is too dark.

I only tried it on AV mode. It is programmed to try to meet your min shutter speed if possible. If it is too dark (i.e. you hit max iso), it will take a slower shutter speed. I also prefer it this way. A properly exposed shot is better than a dark shot with correct shutter speed.

If shutter speed is very important to u, change to Tv mode.

Hi Guys, after much reading of reviews and comparing the it with the newly announced 7d mark ii, I think I will take the plunge for the 6D, upgrading from my 4yr old 550d. The price I got quoted for kit 2 is $3,153 before the $200 trade in. Is this a good price for 6D?

Hi Guys, after much reading of reviews and comparing the it with the newly announced 7d mark ii, I think I will take the plunge for the 6D, upgrading from my 4yr old 550d. The price I got quoted for kit 2 is $3,153 before the $200 trade in. Is this a good price for 6D?

i bought body only recently is $22xx before $200 trade off, hope this help u justify the kit lens.

Anyone had any experience using the 6D + 70-200 f2.8L IS II for gigs?

Just want to know how does the AF fare when shooting gigs.

i bought body only recently is $22xx before $200 trade off, hope this help u justify the kit lens.

Thanks for the info. Just check the BnS, 24-70 F4 selling at $1,200. Probably getting the kit will be cheaper. ($22xx + $1200 = $34xx) I only have one EF lens, the 50mm F1.8 :(

Anyone had any experience using the 6D + 70-200 f2.8L IS II for gigs? Just want to know how does the AF fare when shooting gigs.

I have that combo. I don't use it for gigs (cos I don't get gigs) but it responds very well when I do portraiture works. Both indoor and outdoor.

On occasion when using the outer af points there is a bit of searching but that's due to the fact that the object if focus has little contrast.

Very satisfied overall.

I have that combo. I don't use it for gigs (cos I don't get gigs) but it responds very well when I do portraiture works. Both indoor and outdoor.

On occasion when using the outer af points there is a bit of searching but that's due to the fact that the object if focus has little contrast.

Very satisfied overall.
How well does the outer focus points work when it's dim, in an environment similar to outside esplanade outdoor theater at night?

I can't really provide a quantitative answer but I feel that it depends on the contrast of the object you are focussing on.

I used my 6D's outer AF points with 70-200 f/2.8 mark 1. In fact, I use outer focus points a lot.

IMO, it works ok under stage lighting as long as you can find a good contrast. No problem whatsoever.

How well does the outer focus points work when it's dim, in an environment similar to outside esplanade outdoor theater at night?

Anyone had any experience using the 6D + 70-200 f2.8L IS II for gigs?

Just want to know how does the AF fare when shooting gigs.
I rented the lens to try it out during my daughter's performance at Kallang Theatre recently and am so satisfied with the IQ that I actually bought one eventually. AF is fast enough in low light and no issue at all.

You may rent one to test it out first as the lens alone weighs abt 1.5kg. IQ and performances wins me over.

I can't really provide a quantitative answer but I feel that it depends on the contrast of the object you are focussing on.
Alright, got it!

I used my 6D's outer AF points with 70-200 f/2.8 mark 1. In fact, I use outer focus points a lot. IMO, it works ok under stage lighting as long as you can find a good contrast. No problem whatsoever.
I rented the lens to try it out during my daughter's performance at Kallang Theatre recently and am so satisfied with the IQ that I actually bought one eventually. AF is fast enough in low light and no issue at all. You may rent one to test it out first as the lens alone weighs abt 1.5kg. IQ and performances wins me over.
Thanks a lot, that's all I'm looking for! :)

Weight of it shouldn't be an issue, if a 30+ year old guy can handle the mk2 with a 5d3, it shouldn't be an issue for me.

I also getting a 70-200 f/2.8, maybe a 3rd party one this round..

any idea where can I go to get a hands on of the 6D? Don't want to go to the normal shops since I just want to have a feel of it before buying. I doubt the showroom at vivocity will have since they're closing down already right?

any idea where can I go to get a hands on of the 6D? Don't want to go to the normal shops since I just want to have a feel of it before buying. I doubt the showroom at vivocity will have since they're closing down already right?
They should have it on a manfrotto tripod at the studio setup area.

Try calling in and ask?

woohoo just got a 6d today. it already feels like a world apart from my 650d. can't wait to put it through its paces :bsmilie:

woohoo just got a 6d today. it already feels like a world apart from my 650d. can't wait to put it through its paces :bsmilie:

welcome to the club, i came from 600d also, alot new function in the menu nv see b4 1

welcome to the club, i came from 600d also, alot new function in the menu nv see b4 1

was hoping someone could answer this: i realised there's no option to change the menu colour(aka quick menu on the 6D) unlike on the 600/650/700d series? am i missing something? it baffles me why a higher end model wouldn't have this =(