Official Canon EOS 60D User Thread Part I

keehui said:
Hi,

I am thinking of getting a new SD card as I am going on a 13 days vacation and I'm scared that I dont have enough space on my card. Currently using a 8GB Class 4 Toshiba SDXC Card that is bundled with the cam.

Any recommendation on the class and the size of the card?

Am using sandisk extreme sdhc 16gig.. price around 60++ if I remember correctly..

Hi,

I am thinking of getting a new SD card as I am going on a 13 days vacation and I'm scared that I dont have enough space on my card. Currently using a 8GB Class 4 Toshiba SDXC Card that is bundled with the cam.

Any recommendation on the class and the size of the card?

taking any videos? if yesh i would suggest getting a Sandisk SDHC card(30mb/s) 16 or 32gb.. i bought mine at simlim best bargain, cheaper than what i found at funan...

taking any videos? if yesh i would suggest getting a Sandisk SDHC card(30mb/s) 16 or 32gb.. i bought mine at simlim best bargain, cheaper than what i found at funan...

Hmm... I don't think so I will be taking video ba coz it's Silk Road and I don't know if there is anything that I can take with vid.... :what:

If I am not taking video... So it's safe to get 16GB?

Last edited:
keehui said:
Hmm... I don't think so I will be taking video ba.... If I am not taking video... So it's safe to get 16GB?

16 gig can hold a lot already but me more ks.. will bring more lol.

same! I would rather bring extra and no using them than not taking awesome photos. I had this problem of not enough cards to take photos when I went to Cambodia in 2009. So I missed out of a lot of awesome photos of Cambodia...

I bought a 32gb Kingston class 10 and since then I've never had any worries! (cept card failure which has never ever happened to any sort of flash drive I've never owned before =O)

i just came back on a 14days trip, brought 2 x 16gb with me and use up the 1st card, 2nd card left about halve of the space.. mostly taken L.jpeg(4-8mb per/pic), i suggest having a spare card is safer than having only 1 card..

btw.... I am kind of confused btw the diff SD card format.

What is the difference btw SDHC and SDXC?

This is my first time using SD card for cam as I have been using XD card for the past erhmm 7 years...

btw.... I am kind of confused btw the diff SD card format.

What is the difference btw SDHC and SDXC?

This is my first time using SD card for cam as I have been using XD card for the past erhmm 7 years...

Just the capacity difference. SDXC are cards that have MORE than 32GB up to 2TB.
http://www.sdcard.org/developers/tech/sdxc

google ur best friend ^^
SDHC => Secure Digital High Capacity.
SDXC => Secure Digital eXtended Capacity.

Just the capacity difference. SDXC are cards that have MORE than 32GB up to 2TB.

Thanks for clarifying for me. Kind of confuses me when I read the wiki article. xD

Thanks for clarifying for me. Kind of confuses me when I read the wiki article. xD

Do note that you will need gear rated SDXC to read those cards. The 60D supports them if I remember correctly.

Where to buy SDXC Cards? Do you guys also know roughly how much. :)

Where to buy SDXC Cards? Do you guys also know roughly how much. :)

It's going to be grossly expensive you know... My kingston 32GB already cost me $88

It's going to be grossly expensive you know... My kingston 32GB already cost me $88

=X

I bought SDHC 16gb... Works fine so far when I tested with my cam last night.

=X

Congrats! I do highly recommend going all the way with space though. Don't ever have to worry about filling up the card anymore. I shoot in RAW with my 60D and with enough memory for over a thousand photos I could never finish using it!

Anyone knows where to buy a dual battery charger for the 60D? Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Dual-Battery-Ch...728?pt=Batteries_Chargers&hash=item4aab3c6868

It's very troublesome charging 2 batteries one by one and i constantly have to do that after a shoot…a dual charger would be perfect but so far all the stores i see online only ship to the US :(

keehui said:
=X

You can also bring your 8gig card along as a spare..

Anyone knows where to buy a dual battery charger for the 60D? Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Dual-Battery-Ch...728?pt=Batteries_Chargers&hash=item4aab3c6868

It's very troublesome charging 2 batteries one by one and i constantly have to do that after a shoot…a dual charger would be perfect but so far all the stores i see online only ship to the US :(

you can consider buying another single charger to charge both batteries at the same time. An additional single charger should be cheaper that the Dual charger. I have 3 chargers for my 4 batteries
;p

you can consider buying another single charger to charge both batteries at the same time. An additional single charger should be cheaper that the Dual charger. I have 3 chargers for my 4 batteries
;p

I do have 2 single chargers…just wanted a dual charger because it'll simpler and well, 99% of the time i charge 2 batteries at the same time anyways...