Official Canon EOS 60D User Thread Part I

anyone knows the best price for 60d right now? is it worth going to the PC show next week?? Just getting the body and 50mm 1.4 intend to get a zoom lens as well but not the kit lens.

akemi185 said:
anyone knows the best price for 60d right now? is it worth going to the PC show next week?? Just getting the body and 50mm 1.4 intend to get a zoom lens as well but not the kit lens.

Shd be $13xx for body? Chk price guide n call the shops. PC show sells stuff as bundle. Gd for beginners who many need stuff like dry box cleaning kit etc.

Shd be $13xx for body? Chk price guide n call the shops. PC show sells stuff as bundle. Gd for beginners who many need stuff like dry box cleaning kit etc.
yeah i called 10 over stores.. prices almost the same. able to bargain further when im at the shops? im not sure..
i'm buying everything separately. body, lenses. worth a trip down or shouldnt bother about it? thanks!

Buy during the show but at outside shops to enjoy the Canon freebies.

I don't think it's worth. Taking into consideration the prv show. Body will not hv much offer. They'll throw in more freebies but it's not worth the difference from funan or those reputable shops.

Maybe can get some accessories if need to.

The last it show, getting the 60d body is worth it coz it was just $50-70 difference from funan shops and you get the following extras:
Handstraps worth $59
Kata bag
Dry cab
Sd cards
Cleaning kit
And a lot more

Perhaps we hv to wait till the actual show to decide. Coz u nv knw if promo will still be gd nx wkend given the low stock level. I knw they are re-stocked, but how much stock? I dunno....

Well, IT show definitely got more freebies..The question is..do you REALLY want those freebies? I initially also wanted to wait but decided not to in the end because
1) IT show price is usually about $200 more…sometimes less depends on which shop you buy from. I bought mine at $200 off the RRP from Canon
2) The freebies ALL had big bright Canon logos on them…and personally, i don't like "publicizing" for Canon for free haha so i'd rather buy my own bags with no Canon logo or name on them.
3) The Free SD cards are usually slow 8gb cards…it's always best to get a faster card anyways so even the free cards they give, i don't use anyways and buy my own faster bigger ones…so giving me another free 8gb is useless to me.

So..ultimately, pay more for unwanted freebies? Or pay less but spend more to buy the accessories..personal preference i guess..
4) Giving free cleaning kits is also useless because they don't give good kits..just cheap giveaways..again..no use..

keehui said:
=X

I bought SDHC 16gb... Works fine so far when I tested with my cam last night.

What class is that? Any does anyone know where to get the higher class memory cards? Most of the cards I see outside are class 4 ones..

dlhero said:
What class is that? Any does anyone know where to get the higher class memory cards? Most of the cards I see outside are class 4 ones..

Challenger, best denki.. usually you have to ask their salesperson cos they always display behind the counter..

Challenger, best denki.. usually you have to ask their salesperson cos they always display behind the counter..

Please don't buy from there...
There's a shop called Best Bargains at Sim Lim Square that offers one of the best prices in Singapore for memory related products. You can find their pricelist on the Hardware Zone forums

One of the cheapest class10 cards is Transcend…they're about $50 for a class10 16gb card..
Cheap and good..my advice is to buy multiple 8 or 16gb card instead of a single 32gb card…always good to keep switching cards…these things spoil and the last thing you'd want is for it to spoil and lose everything inside….

Sphben said:
There's a shop called Best Bargains at Sim Lim Square that offers one of the best prices in Singapore for memory related products. You can find their pricelist on the Hardware Zone forums

Cheap but do note it is grey set.

Cheap but do note it is grey set.

They are? I've bought things like harddrives and memory cards from them many times and each time I will specifically ask them for the warranty period and the place to go if anything happens. They will always tell me the exact warranty duration and the agent to go to for each item

Alan Photo at SLS sells the Sandisk Extreme Class 10 SDHC cards for about the same price as Best Bargain. I recently bought a 16GB version for $68, very worth it IMHO. It is comparable or even cheaper than buying from Amazon!

They are? I've bought things like harddrives and memory cards from them many times and each time I will specifically ask them for the warranty period and the place to go if anything happens. They will always tell me the exact warranty duration and the agent to go to for each item

For me, I know my Sandisk card which I bought from them is shop warranty.

For me, I know my Sandisk card which I bought from them is shop warranty.

I don't think I've ever bought anything Sandisk from them... Mostly Kingston and Western Digital :)

Sphben said:

They used to hv the cheapest mem cards arnd, bought quite a few from them yrs back n I remember mostly on shop warranty only. To be honest, non failed me till date.

Sometimes shops like cybermind, active foto etc will hv promo, keep a watch out this wkend. PC show is in town.

What is the BEST SD memory card for recording videos on 60D? I have some problems on my 60D when it comes to recording. It would suddenly stop recording and would display a message (which I could not remember). I think it is because of the SD card. Could anybody help me with this problem?? Thanks.

afinozz said:
What is the BEST SD memory card for recording videos on 60D? I have some problems on my 60D when it comes to recording. It would suddenly stop recording and would display a message (which I could not remember). I think it is because of the SD card. Could anybody help me with this problem?? Thanks.

That's probably because the speed of the card not fast enough. To date I have used sandisk extreme class 10 to take videos and no prob in recording videos.