Official Canon 550D User Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
??? :confused:

Nice GGS SP.
Someone did Bulk order ?

hi,

I just bought my 550D Kit II today :)
It's my first DSLR and I'm still exploring the features.

I noticed something in the view finder which I'm not sure if it's a defect.
At AV mode, I pressed the AF Point Selection button (the rightmost button above the + magnifying glass). The 9 AF red dots appeared in the view finder but not all 9 of them are distinctive sharp. The top, centre and bottom 3 dots have a slight glow.

Is that supposed to be normal?

Adjust your Dipolar near your Eye view?

Adjust your Dipolar near your Eye view?
Thanks. I have already adjusted the Dipolar. Out of the 9 AF points, 4 are sharp. The remaining 5 which I mentioned look 'spread' :(

Diopter you mean?

why is yours blur...mine is fine. but then again...i adjust mine all the time on a tank.

hi,

I just bought my 550D Kit II today :)
It's my first DSLR and I'm still exploring the features.

I noticed something in the view finder which I'm not sure if it's a defect.
At AV mode, I pressed the AF Point Selection button (the rightmost button above the + magnifying glass). The 9 AF red dots appeared in the view finder but not all 9 of them are distinctive sharp. The top, centre and bottom 3 dots have a slight glow.

Is that supposed to be normal?

Thanks. I have already adjusted the Dipolar. Out of the 9 AF points, 4 are sharp. The remaining 5 which I mentioned look 'spread' :(

I also have the same problem. The bottom 3 dots have a slight glow also. I already went to MSC to check whether it is a defect, but they say its just a minor reflection on the glass.

Im still not convinced... is it really a defect? does it affect the focusing?

the viewfinder so small...its hard to distinguish sharpness also. so i just leave it. regarding the glow....its normal. on the 50D i had that too, and even so on the 550D. if u dun like...can go to nikon. from wad i've used...they dun haf such problems. sad.

I have the same problem too. Thought it was some lighting issues as I noticed it at a dark location

> Brand: Canon
> Model: 550D 18-55mm
Canon EOS 550d kit with 18-55mmis len--------------$1290(inc.gst)

Free 8 g card,,canon bag from agent and free lcd protector worth $13.50 and
filter worth $15

> Brand: Canon
> Model: 550D 18-55mm
Canon EOS 550d kit with 18-55mmis len--------------$1290(inc.gst)

Free 8 g card,,canon bag from agent and free lcd protector worth $13.50 and
filter worth $15

From?

I also have the same problem. The bottom 3 dots have a slight glow also. I already went to MSC to check whether it is a defect, but they say its just a minor reflection on the glass.

Im still not convinced... is it really a defect? does it affect the focusing?

the viewfinder so small...its hard to distinguish sharpness also. so i just leave it. regarding the glow....its normal. on the 50D i had that too, and even so on the 550D. if u dun like...can go to nikon. from wad i've used...they dun haf such problems. sad.

I have the same problem too. Thought it was some lighting issues as I noticed it at a dark location

Thanks for the replies guys. I was still hoping that it could be due to my cheap filter but I removed it and the glow's still there. Then read this few posts and realised I'm not the only one. Canon's QC is questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.